• MMO Central Home
  • MMO Central Forums
  • MMO Central Gallery
  • User Control Panel
  • Register!
  • Lose Your Marbles? Click Here!

Go Back   MMO Central Forums > Toontown Rewritten > Toontown Rewritten Playground

Notices

Toontown Rewritten Playground General discussion for Toontown Rewritten.

Old Update Discussion/Speculation *Megathread* V. 3.0

Login or Register now to see fewer ads.

Old 09-20-2014, 05:13 PM
Game Over

My Mood: Amuzed
Super Pancake Z will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSuper Pancake Z will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSuper Pancake Z will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSuper Pancake Z will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSuper Pancake Z will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSuper Pancake Z will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSuper Pancake Z will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSuper Pancake Z will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSuper Pancake Z will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSuper Pancake Z will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSuper Pancake Z will one day be as helpful as Samwise Gamgee
For me, the only lag is the Toonfest loading screen.
Once I'm in, it works smoothly.
I did crash changing districts though, but then I could get back in. The auth server is going down every few minutes though.
Old 09-20-2014, 05:23 PM
The Dark Lord of All That is Evil

My Mood: RockOn
Macca could defeat Bowser one-handed!Macca could defeat Bowser one-handed!Macca could defeat Bowser one-handed!Macca could defeat Bowser one-handed!
To be honest, I think the Toonfest map looks somewhat poorly made and doesn't match the rest of Toontown. I appreciate the time and effort that went into making this, and it is fun when it's stable, but it just looks... well, bad. It was also probably rushed so it would be ready in time for a Sept. 19 release, which might account for the sloppiness, so I don't blame the team. I just hope that future maps are of a better quality.
Old 09-20-2014, 08:40 PM
Currently inactive from TTR

My Mood: Hopeful
Mister Fluffy Dynoteeth has an achievement named after them!Mister Fluffy Dynoteeth has an achievement named after them!Mister Fluffy Dynoteeth has an achievement named after them!Mister Fluffy Dynoteeth has an achievement named after them!Mister Fluffy Dynoteeth has an achievement named after them!Mister Fluffy Dynoteeth has an achievement named after them!Mister Fluffy Dynoteeth has an achievement named after them!Mister Fluffy Dynoteeth has an achievement named after them!Mister Fluffy Dynoteeth has an achievement named after them!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macca View Post
To be honest, I think the Toonfest map looks somewhat poorly made and doesn't match the rest of Toontown. I appreciate the time and effort that went into making this, and it is fun when it's stable, but it just looks... well, bad. It was also probably rushed so it would be ready in time for a Sept. 19 release, which might account for the sloppiness, so I don't blame the team. I just hope that future maps are of a better quality.
Sadly, I do agree to some extent. I thought it'd be bigger and with lots more things to do. Oh well. Maybe next year, when they'll have more time to add on to it!

Old 09-20-2014, 09:40 PM
The Dark Lord of All That is Evil

My Mood: RockOn
Macca could defeat Bowser one-handed!Macca could defeat Bowser one-handed!Macca could defeat Bowser one-handed!Macca could defeat Bowser one-handed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Fluffy Dynoteeth View Post
Sadly, I do agree to some extent. I thought it'd be bigger and with lots more things to do. Oh well. Maybe next year, when they'll have more time to add on to it!
You say "bigger."
I'm assuming you meant in terms of things to do, because the area is HUGE. It looks like they accidentally built it 3x the size they meant to and didn't fix it. It's way too big and takes too long to navigate (it took me forever to realize there was a pond), and the stuff that is scaled right (activites like the tower, picnic tables, pie thing, balloon) are miniscule in comparison to the oversized trees.
Next year, they should make an all new map. This one feels uninspired. It's just a forest with a bunch of activities in the middle. Come on, TTR team! Everything else has been so high quality and creative and wonderful, what happened? You can do better.
Old 09-20-2014, 09:50 PM
Training for Operation Duckhunt

My Mood: CantWait
Smokie helps all the newbs!Smokie helps all the newbs!Smokie helps all the newbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Pancake Z View Post
Slight lag spikes, but nothing major.
What part do you have issues with? Getting into the area, or just getting into the game?
I can't even start the game. The moment I get on I get the "Internet connection has been unexpectedly broken" message.
Old 10-05-2014, 04:19 PM
Keep it lowkey

My Mood: Toony
zaneo777 helps all the newbs!zaneo777 helps all the newbs!
Expectations about maintenence

TTR has been doing maintenance for quite awhile now.. What are everyone's expectations for the outcome of today's maintenance? Do you see just some code cleanup and a few tweaks and fixes, or a legitimate update?
Old 10-05-2014, 04:21 PM
lolling somewhere

My Mood: Curious
ToonE. is a true gamer.ToonE. is a true gamer.ToonE. is a true gamer.ToonE. is a true gamer.ToonE. is a true gamer.ToonE. is a true gamer.ToonE. is a true gamer.
The big issue of the day is definitely the issue with the database.
Old 10-05-2014, 04:22 PM
Lord of Winterfell

My Mood: Devious
Shady has the heart of a hobbit!Shady has the heart of a hobbit!Shady has the heart of a hobbit!Shady has the heart of a hobbit!Shady has the heart of a hobbit!Shady has the heart of a hobbit!Shady has the heart of a hobbit!Shady has the heart of a hobbit!Shady has the heart of a hobbit!Shady has the heart of a hobbit!Shady has the heart of a hobbit!
They had a problem with data not being saved, so probably fixing that and
a lot of bugs while there at it.
Old 10-05-2014, 04:26 PM
Game Over

My Mood: CCG_ish
Midnight74 could defeat Bowser one-handed!Midnight74 could defeat Bowser one-handed!Midnight74 could defeat Bowser one-handed!
I think this update is going to be a big push for the future of ttr as far as squashing bugs goes.
Old 10-05-2014, 04:26 PM
Game Over

My Mood: Amuzed
Super Pancake Z will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSuper Pancake Z will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSuper Pancake Z will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSuper Pancake Z will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSuper Pancake Z will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSuper Pancake Z will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSuper Pancake Z will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSuper Pancake Z will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSuper Pancake Z will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSuper Pancake Z will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSuper Pancake Z will one day be as helpful as Samwise Gamgee
Ahhh so that's what it was! Every time I went on, my halloween costumes were gone and back in my mailbox. Glad it wasn't just me.
Old 10-05-2014, 08:14 PM
Don't try, just do it

My Mood: Duckish
Coolxego204 could defeat Bowser one-handed!Coolxego204 could defeat Bowser one-handed!Coolxego204 could defeat Bowser one-handed!Coolxego204 could defeat Bowser one-handed!
I thought it just going to be some code clean up but since they've been down for so long now they might be trying to get everyone's stats back, but I'm pretty sure that that's never going to be patched if they don't do it now, just a little glimmer of hope for me.
Old 10-05-2014, 08:30 PM
:)

My Mood: CFO
Firebolt could defeat Bowser one-handed!Firebolt could defeat Bowser one-handed!Firebolt could defeat Bowser one-handed!
Database "filled" up and data wasn't getting saved (as in toon data), so I think that they're expanding it right now, and that's really the only thing that I expect from this, and maybe a few bugfixes.
Old 10-05-2014, 08:43 PM
What Does That Button Do?

My Mood: Cheerful
Lyzah was one of the first to find ^^vv<><>BA
I emailed TTR regarding this and they said it's down with regards of the rollback situation. They said that don't know when it will be back up though.
Old 10-05-2014, 08:45 PM
listen to del water gap

My Mood: Asleep
Lily Ice Mist will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeLily Ice Mist will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeLily Ice Mist will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeLily Ice Mist will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeLily Ice Mist will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeLily Ice Mist will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeLily Ice Mist will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeLily Ice Mist will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeLily Ice Mist will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeLily Ice Mist will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeLily Ice Mist will one day be as helpful as Samwise Gamgee
*please say that all of my task work saved please please please please i did like six tasks please*

Hopefully the crashing is fixed? I crashed about 15 times trying to get to a building for a task.
Old 10-05-2014, 08:58 PM
Insane Gag Trainer

Rueker will soon be Dungeon Master!Rueker will soon be Dungeon Master!
I think it can only be database, what else would require the game to be closed for a whole day?
Until they have fixed the database, nobody can play since everything thing we do relies on the database. So they have to close the game until they fix it.
However for engine updates and code cleaning, I'm pretty sure they don't have to close the game, they just need to do the coding part offline and then update the game (which can't take like 10 hours!).