Go Back   MMO Central Forums > Creative Muse > Games > Toontown Offline Game

Notices

Toontown Offline Game Toontown Offline game is an offline solo player version of Disney's Toontown Online.

Old Toontown- An Offline Interpretation of Disney's Toontown Online

Login or Register now to see fewer ads.

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 09:43 PM
Toontown addict
Master Chipper's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Gnarly
Master Chipper has the heart of a hobbit!Master Chipper has the heart of a hobbit!Master Chipper has the heart of a hobbit!Master Chipper has the heart of a hobbit!Master Chipper has the heart of a hobbit!Master Chipper has the heart of a hobbit!Master Chipper has the heart of a hobbit!Master Chipper has the heart of a hobbit!Master Chipper has the heart of a hobbit!Master Chipper has the heart of a hobbit!Master Chipper has the heart of a hobbit!
I'm using Windows XP and I'm getting errors.
Old 08-01-2014, 10:50 PM
AKA Deputy Boo Boo
MeBot's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Contented
MeBot has the heart of a hobbit!MeBot has the heart of a hobbit!MeBot has the heart of a hobbit!MeBot has the heart of a hobbit!MeBot has the heart of a hobbit!MeBot has the heart of a hobbit!MeBot has the heart of a hobbit!MeBot has the heart of a hobbit!MeBot has the heart of a hobbit!MeBot has the heart of a hobbit!MeBot has the heart of a hobbit!
I'm getting the flood/reset bug on Windows 7.
Old 08-02-2014, 12:55 AM
squeakity squeaky squeak
Cuty Pie's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Cheeky
Cuty Pie always knows how to splat a cog!Cuty Pie always knows how to splat a cog!Cuty Pie always knows how to splat a cog!Cuty Pie always knows how to splat a cog!Cuty Pie always knows how to splat a cog!
I'm having that datagram error too on Windows 7. Is there any way to fix this issue?

"Unable to send datagram after connection is closed."
Old 08-02-2014, 01:00 AM
Leveled up!
Willow Dizzycrunch's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Toonish
Willow Dizzycrunch will soon be Dungeon Master!
My computer is treating the files as a virus, telling me they're infected. Is anyone else getting this error? Please don't think I don't trust you, but downloading files that are unable to be scanned by google is a little strange for me.

Is this a normal thing or maybe it was just a problem with my download?
Old 08-02-2014, 01:07 AM
Game Over
Belloq's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Amuzed
Belloq was one of the first to find ^^vv<><>BA
Guys. I think I know the problem. Try installing python. Either trust me with the link, or download 2.7 for yourself:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8E...it?usp=sharing
Old 08-02-2014, 02:06 AM
squeakity squeaky squeak
Cuty Pie's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Cheeky
Cuty Pie always knows how to splat a cog!Cuty Pie always knows how to splat a cog!Cuty Pie always knows how to splat a cog!Cuty Pie always knows how to splat a cog!Cuty Pie always knows how to splat a cog!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belloq View Post
Guys. I think I know the problem. Try installing python. Either trust me with the link, or download 2.7 for yourself:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8E...it?usp=sharing
I installed Python and I tried again and it still doesn't work. Its giving me the same message.

Do you have to reboot your PC after you install Python?
Old 08-02-2014, 02:15 AM
Game Over
Belloq's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Amuzed
Belloq was one of the first to find ^^vv<><>BA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuty Pie View Post
I installed Python and I tried again and it still doesn't work. Its giving me the same message.

Do you have to reboot your PC after you install Python?
Maybe, I forgot. You DO after visual studios, though. And if VS didn't take ages to download for you, its probably the wrong one.
Old 08-02-2014, 03:52 AM
User
Pleasebemyfriend's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Adventurous
Pleasebemyfriend is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookPleasebemyfriend is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookPleasebemyfriend is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookPleasebemyfriend is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookPleasebemyfriend is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookPleasebemyfriend is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookPleasebemyfriend is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookPleasebemyfriend is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbook
I'm running this right now, it is really cool. Thanks Logano!

Also, is there any way for us to act like the "admins" of this game. What I mean is, be able to do things like manage bans (not that I would want to ban myself lol) or view chat logs. I think that would be neat.
Old 08-02-2014, 05:19 AM
Rewritten.
Logano's Main Toon Info

Logano will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeLogano will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeLogano will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeLogano will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeLogano will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeLogano will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeLogano will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeLogano will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeLogano will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeLogano will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeLogano will one day be as helpful as Samwise Gamgee
Back with a quick status update:
- The issue is OS related. There are dependencies that the game requires to run, and Windows 8 includes them while Windows 7 does not. The game is not (and likely never will be) compatible with Windows XP.

- Installing Python 2.7 is not the solution. The game reads from a python distro included when you install Panda3D-1.9.0, so installing another copy of python would be useless.

- I have finished working on a few minor improvements to the game. I will release a new version when I get this datagram mess sorted out. (Includes black and white colors in Make-a-toon, updated Silly Meter holiday manager, nerfed VP difficulty, and new magic words among other things.)

I just finished installing a Windows 7 VM on my computer so I can work on getting this datagram issue sorted out ASAP. I'm terribly sorry for the delay guys. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleasebemyfriend View Post
I'm running this right now, it is really cool. Thanks Logano!

Also, is there any way for us to act like the "admins" of this game. What I mean is, be able to do things like manage bans (not that I would want to ban myself lol) or view chat logs. I think that would be neat.
I set things up so that players have administrative rights. I plan on making more magic words in the future for people to use to make progressing through the game alone easier.

Last edited by Logano; 08-02-2014 at 06:47 AM..
Old 08-02-2014, 05:30 AM
Rewritten.
Logano's Main Toon Info

Logano will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeLogano will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeLogano will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeLogano will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeLogano will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeLogano will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeLogano will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeLogano will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeLogano will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeLogano will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeLogano will one day be as helpful as Samwise Gamgee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
Is it possible to install those dependencies on Windows 7? If not, is waiting the only thing us Window 7 users can do right now?
It is, but I haven't figured out exactly what needs to be installed yet. So yes, waiting is about the only thing Windows 7 users can do at the moment. :(

I hope to have a fix for a few Windows 7 users to test by tomorrow. I want to test it with a small group of people first to make sure it works correctly. Please PM me if you are willing to test the fix.

Last edited by Logano; 08-02-2014 at 06:43 AM..
Old 08-02-2014, 07:54 AM
User
Pleasebemyfriend's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Adventurous
Pleasebemyfriend is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookPleasebemyfriend is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookPleasebemyfriend is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookPleasebemyfriend is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookPleasebemyfriend is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookPleasebemyfriend is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookPleasebemyfriend is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookPleasebemyfriend is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
If I may ask, what OS are you using?
Windows 8.
Old 08-02-2014, 09:12 AM
Likes cogs. Like a lot
Brownster's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Cogish
Brownster has the heart of a hobbit!Brownster has the heart of a hobbit!Brownster has the heart of a hobbit!Brownster has the heart of a hobbit!Brownster has the heart of a hobbit!Brownster has the heart of a hobbit!Brownster has the heart of a hobbit!Brownster has the heart of a hobbit!Brownster has the heart of a hobbit!Brownster has the heart of a hobbit!Brownster has the heart of a hobbit!
it might help to know the operating systems of who got it to work? i'm running Windows 7 64bit, BUT, this computer belonged to my brother who was kinda tech savvy and it's possible he might of installed one of the said dependencies in the past.

if you get any leads on it, i would be happy to check if i have that particular dependency, it might be good for others to do so, too.
Old 08-02-2014, 11:39 AM
Electrifying!
_Von_'s Main Toon Info

My Mood: Prepared
_Von_ glows with inner Tooniness_Von_ glows with inner Tooniness_Von_ glows with inner Tooniness_Von_ glows with inner Tooniness_Von_ glows with inner Tooniness_Von_ glows with inner Tooniness_Von_ glows with inner Tooniness
Haha, I was hoping to possibly see something like this come out even long before TTO closed. This is great, I'm installing now, hope all goes well.
Old 08-02-2014, 12:37 PM
Yellow 108 Laff
truce's Main Toon Info

My Mood: owoooo
truce was one of the first to find ^^vv<><>BA
Is there a list of magic words?
Old 08-02-2014, 01:08 PM
Electrifying!
_Von_'s Main Toon Info

My Mood: Prepared
_Von_ glows with inner Tooniness_Von_ glows with inner Tooniness_Von_ glows with inner Tooniness_Von_ glows with inner Tooniness_Von_ glows with inner Tooniness_Von_ glows with inner Tooniness_Von_ glows with inner Tooniness
Fully installed and working great. My computer is 64-Windows 8.
Whether or not TTR is installed before the end of the year, I believe this needs continuation. Just to clean and polish it up and keep it going. It's wonderful!

When I went to open it for the first time, it asked something about allow access over local networks. I didn't read much into it, but hit cancel and the game continued to load anyway and haven't had it pop back up again or any issues. Didn't feel it'd be necessary to allow access when it's offline, right?

The next thing is that when loading, before getting to the pick-a-toon screen, it'll ask to load game services and tell you to press the blue checkmark. However, it ends up asking it two-three times every time you load the game. I understand that it's loading, but must I press the button every time?

Currently the game has only ever crashed when trying to load into a new area, so that's good.

Last edited by _Von_; 08-03-2014 at 04:24 AM..
Closed Thread