• MMO Central Home
  • MMO Central Forums
  • MMO Central Gallery
  • User Control Panel
  • Register!
  • Lose Your Marbles? Click Here!

Go Back   MMO Central Forums > Toontown Rewritten > Toontown Rewritten Playground

Notices

Toontown Rewritten Playground General discussion for Toontown Rewritten.

Old Silly Meter *Megathread*

Login or Register now to see fewer ads.

Old 03-26-2019, 11:00 PM
The Kirby Fan Admin

My Mood: Author
Gigi has the heart of a hobbit!Gigi has the heart of a hobbit!Gigi has the heart of a hobbit!Gigi has the heart of a hobbit!Gigi has the heart of a hobbit!Gigi has the heart of a hobbit!Gigi has the heart of a hobbit!Gigi has the heart of a hobbit!Gigi has the heart of a hobbit!Gigi has the heart of a hobbit!Gigi has the heart of a hobbit!
Silly Meter *Megathread*

Okay let's use this thread to discuss the Silly Meter in general, each cycle, stuff like that.

Anyway as of the time I'm posting this the Silly Meter is on cooldown and here are the upcoming rewards:

+8 Laff, Double Jellybeans and Double Drop EXP

I think I'll go with the Drop EXP. None of these rewards really interest me and I think this is the one that could help more players overall. I also do have a toon with unmaxed Drop that maybe could work a bit on it, although I think that at the end I'll be too lazy and not work much lol

In either case, what are your thoughts on these awards?
Old 03-27-2019, 01:02 AM
Open and Test

varmint has an achievement named after them!varmint has an achievement named after them!varmint has an achievement named after them!varmint has an achievement named after them!varmint has an achievement named after them!varmint has an achievement named after them!varmint has an achievement named after them!varmint has an achievement named after them!varmint has an achievement named after them!
Not sure which one I would pick at the moment.

+8 Laff : I like low laff so this doesn't appeal to me even if it allows my 15 laff sell uber to survive an extra hit. I can see it being a great benefit to those building a new toon and running tasks with alike toons (laff and gags) to help them along.

Double Jellies : two words -- CCG Beanfest. I partake often and I keep my toons close to max beans so this isn't a big benefit nor is it a pain point (big need).

Double ??? Exp : ??? = any gag. There needs to be more to it. Double exp is OK but it would be better if it provided more benefits like Improved Accuracy of the gag or Increases Damage or Increase the Number of Rounds. I also think all gags should be rolled into one Double Exp reward and not broken out per gag.
Old 03-27-2019, 01:33 AM
Registered Rabbit

_Holly_ is a player of legend in their game._Holly_ is a player of legend in their game._Holly_ is a player of legend in their game._Holly_ is a player of legend in their game._Holly_ is a player of legend in their game._Holly_ is a player of legend in their game._Holly_ is a player of legend in their game._Holly_ is a player of legend in their game._Holly_ is a player of legend in their game._Holly_ is a player of legend in their game._Holly_ is a player of legend in their game.
I know it's randomized, but it's disappointing there are two repeats already.

I will pick drop as well, since one of my ubers in training needs drop exp. I agree with Varmint that the gag exp bonuses should have more to them. Something like increased accuracy would be beneficial even to toons who are not training. Organic bonus for that track (without planting) would also be fun.

I think laff might win this time. It's basically a novelty and not real useful, but jellybeans got a measly 8% the first time. Meanwhile a lot of toons either don't have drop or already maxed it and don't necessarily have alt toons who need drop exp. Edit: On second thought, drop is considered one of the harder gags to train by a lot of people, and lure got 20% last time, so maybe drop has a chance.
Old 03-29-2019, 12:23 AM
If it's your b-day, happy b-day!

My Mood: Happy
Just A Dream has the heart of a hobbit!Just A Dream has the heart of a hobbit!Just A Dream has the heart of a hobbit!Just A Dream has the heart of a hobbit!Just A Dream has the heart of a hobbit!Just A Dream has the heart of a hobbit!Just A Dream has the heart of a hobbit!Just A Dream has the heart of a hobbit!Just A Dream has the heart of a hobbit!Just A Dream has the heart of a hobbit!Just A Dream has the heart of a hobbit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigi View Post
I think I'll go with the Drop EXP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Holly_ View Post
I will pick drop as well, since one of my ubers in training needs drop exp.
None of these rewards interest me at the moment, so I'll pick drop since you two want it.
Old 03-29-2019, 12:43 AM
Open and Test

varmint has an achievement named after them!varmint has an achievement named after them!varmint has an achievement named after them!varmint has an achievement named after them!varmint has an achievement named after them!varmint has an achievement named after them!varmint has an achievement named after them!varmint has an achievement named after them!varmint has an achievement named after them!
Will you be able to get more than 300 exp from a building during Invasions?

If the Exp boost replaces Invasions and doesn't doubles it again (4x).... then?

Drop was my first max gag in TTR . It was my last gag in TTO to max so I focused on maxing it.
Old 03-29-2019, 03:57 AM
Cogbuster and Wizard

My Mood: w00t
Queen Petunia Gigglenugget is a player of legend in their game.Queen Petunia Gigglenugget is a player of legend in their game.Queen Petunia Gigglenugget is a player of legend in their game.Queen Petunia Gigglenugget is a player of legend in their game.Queen Petunia Gigglenugget is a player of legend in their game.Queen Petunia Gigglenugget is a player of legend in their game.Queen Petunia Gigglenugget is a player of legend in their game.Queen Petunia Gigglenugget is a player of legend in their game.Queen Petunia Gigglenugget is a player of legend in their game.Queen Petunia Gigglenugget is a player of legend in their game.Queen Petunia Gigglenugget is a player of legend in their game.
I don't really need any of these bonuses but have joined the Jellybeans team this time.

The +8 laff might be fun to look at but I don't see the point in laff that will be gone in a couple of days, nor have I ever cared much about laff except for facilities it might get me into. I have two toons still needing drop points but both are at piano already. It won't be long til they max the track, so that is out too. I have endless beans from the Just For Fun tasks now and from a weekly beanfest. I don't need more, but I at least can do something with them by shopping for myself and friends.

I'm interested to see how the vote works out this time.
Old 03-29-2019, 04:58 PM
Let's riot!

My Mood: Cool
toontowndude is a player of legend in their game.toontowndude is a player of legend in their game.toontowndude is a player of legend in their game.toontowndude is a player of legend in their game.toontowndude is a player of legend in their game.toontowndude is a player of legend in their game.toontowndude is a player of legend in their game.toontowndude is a player of legend in their game.toontowndude is a player of legend in their game.toontowndude is a player of legend in their game.toontowndude is a player of legend in their game.
I've picked the +8 laff team because it would help my uber level up his sellbot suit by reducing the risk of going sad though I'm probably in the minority in thinking that a temporary laff boost would be good for training an uber.

I don't really see the need for double jellybeans with how easy they are to get through beanfests (The trouble I have with jellybeans is not being able to spend them in time for the next one). Double drop points are good but considering I'm not training drop on any of my toons at the moment, it doesn't really work out for me.

King Droopy Electrohoffer - Squeaky Clean - Anita Mouse - Miss Bubbles Fizzlespinner
Zero Evil - Prince Scooter - Fluffy Fifi Furball - Bunny The Robot Slayer
Mewtie Pie - Auroara Bearealis - Angel Delight - Johnny Five

My Profile | PM Me | CCG

Last edited by toontowndude; 03-30-2019 at 09:56 PM.
Old 03-31-2019, 01:25 AM
CCG welcomes everyone mmocentralforums.com/ccg

My Mood: Bashfull
SkinnyNutmegElectroteeth is a player of legend in their game.SkinnyNutmegElectroteeth is a player of legend in their game.SkinnyNutmegElectroteeth is a player of legend in their game.SkinnyNutmegElectroteeth is a player of legend in their game.SkinnyNutmegElectroteeth is a player of legend in their game.SkinnyNutmegElectroteeth is a player of legend in their game.SkinnyNutmegElectroteeth is a player of legend in their game.SkinnyNutmegElectroteeth is a player of legend in their game.SkinnyNutmegElectroteeth is a player of legend in their game.SkinnyNutmegElectroteeth is a player of legend in their game.SkinnyNutmegElectroteeth is a player of legend in their game.
I don't have a strong preference for this one. I voted for the +8 Laff mostly because I want to see a 145 Laff toon.
Old 04-06-2019, 07:45 PM
Registered Rabbit

_Holly_ is a player of legend in their game._Holly_ is a player of legend in their game._Holly_ is a player of legend in their game._Holly_ is a player of legend in their game._Holly_ is a player of legend in their game._Holly_ is a player of legend in their game._Holly_ is a player of legend in their game._Holly_ is a player of legend in their game._Holly_ is a player of legend in their game._Holly_ is a player of legend in their game._Holly_ is a player of legend in their game.
I am getting more disinterested in the Silly Meter by the day. I think we need better rewards or the majority of the player base will lose interest. Last cycle, the options were 2x jellybeans (repeat), 2x drop exp, and +8 laff (repeat). Laff won, I think for the novelty factor more than anything. I gauged the following reactions from people in-game:

1. Big toons who had no use for it apart from thinking 138+ toons were funny.
2. Ubers and low-mid level toons who liked it since they were less likely to go sad in VP.
3. Low-mid level toons who didn't know what the Silly Meter was and thought the laff was a glitch.*

*I asked random toons in the <60 laff range I met in the factory.

Basically, last cycle most people were lukewarm toward the reward. Now the new silly teams are 2x jellybeans (for the third time), 2x trap exp, and global teleport access. I haven't seen anyone excited about any of those rewards, but TP access seems like the least unpopular option. People are picking by process of elimination instead of what they're excited about.

Some observations/recommendations:

1. The Silly Meter rewards benefit lower level toons, but these tend to be the less dedicated players who don't get many silly points and, in some cases, don't actually know what the Silly Meter is.
2. If it isn't already, I think info about the Silly Meter needs to be added to the toontorial to get more new toons involved.
3. I don't think the single track exp multipliers will ever win unless they're competing against each other (and maybe 2x jellybeans...). There aren't enough people who want to train one track. The reward needs to be changed, either to add additional bonuses (like organic gags or increased accuracy for the track), or maybe to give 2x exp for multiple tracks. Trap or drop will probably never win on their own, but maybe together they would get more votes?
4. I don't think double jellybeans will ever win. It's come in third twice now. The game has unlimited currency, so double jellybeans doesn't benefit anyone except low level toons who don't know about beanfests. And how many toons that level get a substantial number of silly points? I would say very few.
Old 04-06-2019, 08:05 PM
Open and Test

I agree with you Holly!

BTW I picked Teleport access since I have small toons to help them get around.. and I only picked it to pick something as I didn't care for any of them.

The laff +8 was gitchy too as you had to logon twice to get the bonus working correctly and at the end you have to logon twice to get it to reset back to normal.
Old 04-06-2019, 08:22 PM
The Kirby Fan Admin

My Mood: Author
Gigi has the heart of a hobbit!Gigi has the heart of a hobbit!Gigi has the heart of a hobbit!Gigi has the heart of a hobbit!Gigi has the heart of a hobbit!Gigi has the heart of a hobbit!Gigi has the heart of a hobbit!Gigi has the heart of a hobbit!Gigi has the heart of a hobbit!Gigi has the heart of a hobbit!Gigi has the heart of a hobbit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Holly_ View Post
2. Ubers and low-mid level toons who liked it since they were less likely to go sad in VP.
Am I the only one that disliked the extra laff exactly because it affects Ubers? For me the point of Ubers is the low laff (along with the maxed gags), so having 8 extra laff means it's easier to progress on them, which kinda defeats their purpose.

I didn't really have time to login (nor did I want to) to see the extra laff reward but I was always afraid it would be buggy and maybe even potentially corrupt toon data. I heard it was buggy but at least apparently it didn't corrupt any data. Still a silly reward that I think was only picked up because people wanted to see toons over 137 (tip: these exist in some other Toontown servers, and TTR will probably one day add more laff so that those toons could exist forever).

Anyway I agree about the rewards, they could be a lot better and most are really ehhhhh. Right now I think I'll vote for Trap EXP, but again like I voted for Drop EXP I wasn't too excited for it. Soon these rewards will get old if TTR doesn't add new ones, like for example now that everyone saw what extra laff is like, will people pick it again?
Old 04-06-2019, 08:35 PM
Registered Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigi View Post
Am I the only one that disliked the extra laff exactly because it affects Ubers? For me the point of Ubers is the low laff (along with the maxed gags), so having 8 extra laff means it's easier to progress on them, which kinda defeats their purpose.
I thought that too, but a lot of people brought their ubers out for it, so they must not have minded. People progressed their ubers during Storm Sellbot back in 2015 too, so I guess some people don't mind decreasing the challenge for themselves. I actually did one VP on my maxed uber during the 8 laff increase, and he went sad anyway, so no cheating the system for me.
Old 04-06-2019, 08:51 PM
Soundless is growl

My Mood: ToonEnough
Lori is a player of legend in their game.Lori is a player of legend in their game.Lori is a player of legend in their game.Lori is a player of legend in their game.Lori is a player of legend in their game.Lori is a player of legend in their game.Lori is a player of legend in their game.Lori is a player of legend in their game.Lori is a player of legend in their game.Lori is a player of legend in their game.Lori is a player of legend in their game.
I don't know - I don't think the rewards should be awesome all the time. I do think the gag xp ones could be tweaked a bit. Maybe make it for multiple tracks? Or more effective?

Anyways I'll be on team global tp this time. And no, I don't think it's an awesome reward - but it's not bad either.
Old 04-06-2019, 10:20 PM
If it's your b-day, happy b-day!

My Mood: Happy
Just A Dream has the heart of a hobbit!Just A Dream has the heart of a hobbit!Just A Dream has the heart of a hobbit!Just A Dream has the heart of a hobbit!Just A Dream has the heart of a hobbit!Just A Dream has the heart of a hobbit!Just A Dream has the heart of a hobbit!Just A Dream has the heart of a hobbit!Just A Dream has the heart of a hobbit!Just A Dream has the heart of a hobbit!Just A Dream has the heart of a hobbit!
I already gave my thoughts on all the rewards here. Now that the silly meter has filled up three times, I definitely think the gag experience rewards need to be tweaked.

Just as Lori said:
Quote:
I do think the gag xp ones could be tweaked a bit. Maybe make it for multiple tracks? Or more effective?
Gag tracks should be in groups of two or three. For example, throw and squirt experience should be grouped together. Double drop and trap experience should most definitely be grouped together since the majority of the toons are either dropless or trapless. Gag experience will most likely never win otherwise (unless it is competing against double jellybeans, lol).

I still think the global teleport access, +8 laff, doodles, and the fishing rewards are fine and don't need any tweaking. Racing should give you two wins instead of one when you win. They should also add a golfing reward that is exactly like my racing idea. Two wins instead of one. Gardening should just be +2 when you water or shovel.

They should also add four more rewards. Double merits, double cogbucks, double notices, and double options. Obviously make it a reward that does not show up often to make them more special. Once every three to four silly meter maxings seems fair.
Old 04-07-2019, 02:28 PM
Off to the Boss Battle!

My Mood: Balanced
Toontownplayer124 is famous at conventions.Toontownplayer124 is famous at conventions.Toontownplayer124 is famous at conventions.Toontownplayer124 is famous at conventions.Toontownplayer124 is famous at conventions.Toontownplayer124 is famous at conventions.
I would tweak the gag track experience so instead of each track being separate, put them into two groups.

Group 1: Trap, Lure, Throw, Squirt
Group 2: Toonup, Sound, Drop

I would also add a reward that's double stats for racing and golfing. I would also add a reward that's double merits/cogbucks/jury notices/stock options.