• MMO Central Home
  • MMO Central Forums
  • MMO Central Gallery
  • User Control Panel
  • Register!
  • Lose Your Marbles? Click Here!

Go Back   MMO Central Forums > Toontown Rewritten > Toontown Rewritten Playground

Notices

Toontown Rewritten Playground General discussion for Toontown Rewritten.

Old Helping toons to practice a field office

Login or Register now to see fewer ads.

Old 03-25-2024, 09:12 PM
CCG welcomes everyone mmocentralforums.com/ccg

Popcorn Poppenpop was one of the first to find ^^vv<><>BA
Helping toons to practice a field office

I'm writing this as much for myself as for anyone else that might find it useful...

One person took me up on my offer this past weekend for a low pressure hands-on intro to FO. I drove 2 toons, so we were a semi-trio, and we ended up doing the following:
  1. First floor and a mini-game. We exited out of TTR as the game timer ticked down
  2. First floor and a mini-game. Thankfully different game. Exited similarly
  3. First floor and skating mini-game again. This time we got the elevator door open. Exited after battling a few more cogs.
  4. To wrap things up, a successful 1-star FO with 3 other supportive people (full elevator)
The experience confirmed my previous thoughts:
  • This was their first experience at having to defeat lots of high level cogs using low level gags. This provides real-world examples of why gag load is important in field offices, and eventually lead to the conversation when refilling in the gag shop about which gags you can go light on.
  • It's also an intro for some people to not reflexively do toon-up after taking noticeable but not dangerous amounts of damage, if there are cogs that need to be attacked. This feeds into the gag load discussion as well.
  • Many toons seem to struggle with "should I pass or what?" Again related to gag load, there's the discussion about not overkilling cogs in order to conserve gags. A number of people would likely benefit from playing with a gag calculator to see the lowest possible gag combos to use.
  • Gives exposure to the timing of cogs arriving in the lower floors of the FO's, and selecting an action before they join the battle if there are already cogs to engage.
  • My impression is that most semi-experienced toons like skating better, but newbies find it awkward (I certainly did at first). Being able to practice skating is especially helpful.
In retrospect, we may have gone a little overboard on being supportive during the boiler battle: several level 7's and a couple of unites were used despite it not being an emergency. I made sure to reiterate that people typically try not to use so many resources.

Any other ideas or thoughts? Would love to hear them!

Last edited by Popcorn Poppenpop; 03-25-2024 at 10:11 PM.