Go Back   MMO Central Forums > Site Content > News Articles > MMO Central Forums News Archive

Notices

MMO Central Forums News Archive Old News Threads

Old Electoral Update: Breaking Cannons

Login or Register now to see fewer ads.

Old 03-14-2014, 10:20 PM
Batleth's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Busy
Batleth is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseBatleth is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseBatleth is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseBatleth is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseBatleth is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseBatleth is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseBatleth is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseBatleth is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseBatleth is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseBatleth is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseBatleth is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mouse
TTRNews Electoral Update: Breaking Cannons

Ohhhhh boy! It's great to be back! No, your eyes aren't fooling you. It's the one, the only, the- err... Maxy: Sir Max! Can you believe it's been over a month since we last talked? Well, me talking to you I suppose. You don't do much conversing here. You should talk more.

I don't have much time to talk today, though. Alec Tinn was scheduled to have this post, but the other troopers managed to distract him for a while by continually knocking over the ballot box, causing him to recount the votes every time. He'll only recount them for so long before he learns how to keep records. Now, hang onto your seats for this post, because we're going to have to break a few cannons. Surlee is absolutely bonkers about it, but we've just got to tell you: We're tired.

The Toon Council Presidential Election started out as just a small event to give us a little bit of time to work on the upcoming major features of our town, along with give us a chance to make our first new content for the game. We ran into one problem, though: Making new content is really, really fun. The more we work on it, the more we want to work on it! We've had idea on top of idea on top of idea, and we just don't know where to stop. From Giant TV Screens to Interactive NPCs, we've been piled up with an endless amount of fun things to do.

The problem with this is that we overloaded ourselves by a tiny bit. By a tiny bit, I mean all of us are literally dead. Literally. Shockley ran away, McQuack threw a temper tantrum, and I forwarded my resignation letter to Alec, then blew off all of my Jellybeans at Disney World and came crawling back today. (Those hats are expensive, but no one can pass up on some Mickey Merch!)

Don't worry -- we're far from dead. We're just needing a little time to regroup and get the Election polished up without any pressure on our backs. So yeah, bring on the sighs and rotten tomatoes, because the Election is delayed once again. Not nearly as long as last time, though. Maybe. Probably!

Oh -- and don't tell Alec about this. We haven't broken the news to him yet. He is going absolutely cuckoo with stress on finishing the election (Which in turn, drives us Troopers into slave labor), so we're going to let him down easy. We're getting Flippy to bake a cake for him with a bunch of fireworks inside to break the news. It'll be fun! Ah, I almost forgot! While we were distracting Alec, I managed to snag two pieces from the mess of papers on the ground. I bet you can guess what those papers are, too. Yep, that's right: NAPKINS! We needed some napkins to clean up the cake after it explodes. There were some names on them, though. Wacky Leroy and Lancelot Whistlethud...? Everyone around me is clapping and congratulating you both now that I've said that, so I guess you got some sort of reward. An Alpha Key, maybe?

Anyhow, I'll be back soon to give you updates on when the real, absolute, final date for the election is, along with any other answers you may need. In the meantime, we'll keep the polls open in case anyone wants to get in some lucky last minute votes. See you soon, and it's been nice talking to you without any real response again. Keep up the good work on those talking classes!
Old 03-15-2014, 12:01 AM
i lived!!!
Name Dropping's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Cogish
Name Dropping will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeName Dropping will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeName Dropping will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeName Dropping will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeName Dropping will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeName Dropping will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeName Dropping will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeName Dropping will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeName Dropping will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeName Dropping will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeName Dropping will one day be as helpful as Samwise Gamgee
hmm

Oh, well.
Better luck next time

Spoiler for reaction:

Congrats to the winners, though! I bet you're jumping up and down and screaming like I do when I win something :p