Go Back   MMO Central Forums > Other Games > Games Archive

Notices

Games Archive Archive for all game forums. This forum is closed to posting.

Old A Game of EPIC Proportions

Login or Register now to see fewer ads.

Old 10-08-2009, 06:37 AM
ahhh a monster!
roger dog's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Goofyy
roger dog has the heart of a hobbit!roger dog has the heart of a hobbit!roger dog has the heart of a hobbit!roger dog has the heart of a hobbit!roger dog has the heart of a hobbit!roger dog has the heart of a hobbit!roger dog has the heart of a hobbit!roger dog has the heart of a hobbit!roger dog has the heart of a hobbit!roger dog has the heart of a hobbit!roger dog has the heart of a hobbit!
A Game of EPIC Proportions

Epic Mickey 2 announced! Check Epic Mickey 2 Announcement and 3DS Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion for specific details on the two new titles of the Epic Mickey franchise.

June 11, 2011 Update:

I take it back, Epic Mickey isn't released everywhere. But that is soon to change (along with its name) thanks to Nintendo of Japan!

Disney Epic Mickey: Micky Mouse to Mahou no Fude to be Released in Japan (Courtesy of Nintendo)

11/30/10 Update:

EPIC MICKEY IS RELEASED EVERYWHERE!!! Make sure you put it on your christmas list!

Don't forget about the Epic Mickey iPhone/iTouch/iPad app, or the papercrafts, and contests! More info below in Past Updates

Spoiler for Past Updates:
11/23/10 Update :

Make your own papercraft Epic Mickey character!

8 Nov, 2010 Update :

ATTENTION UK AND CONTINENTAL EUROPE!

MAKE YOUR OWN EPIC MICKEY COMIC AND ENTER FOR A CHANCE TO WIN A TRIP TO ITALY AND A NINTENDO WII WITH A COPY OF DISNEY EPIC MICKEY

visit your country's corresponding Mickey Hub site for details. Not available in US.

10/27/10 Update :

http://www.toontowncentral.com/forum...nterviews.html

10/22/10 Update:

DISNEY EPIC MICKEY iPad/iPhone/iTouch APP RELEASED!

AVAILABLE IN THE iTUNES STORE NOW!

10/21/10 Update:

Apparently Toontown WILL be in Disney Epic Mickey, but not as we know it...

Name: Disney Epic Mickey
Platform: Nintendo Wii
1 Players
Developer: Junction Point
Publisher: Disney Interactive Studios
Genre: "Platformer meets RPG meets Adventure"
Release Date: November 30th,* 25th,** 26th*** Holiday 2010(September 16th, 2010 - thanks purtibair)
ESRB: E10+
Every wondered why Mickey left us in Make-A-Toon?

Now you know.

A new game(being created by Junction Point and Disney Interactive Studios) staring the Toons of Toontown(not the game) and the Magic Kingdom itself is coming soon to the Wii. It has been revealed that Disney Feature Animation and Pixar are collaborating on this new adventure into our little colorful world.(and not so colorful world)

Details.. details... details.....

Lets hear from an interesting article on what the big idea is all about...

Quote:
...The choice of platform, incidentally, boils down to Mickey's tools - paintbrushes, erasers, thinner, pencils and other artist tools - being mapped to Wii remote gestures.

But let's rewind a bit.

Epic Mickey is a tale about the 'forgotten' Disney stars: the rides, the characters, the lesser-known cartoons. When nobody any longer cares, they are cast into a dark void; a forgotten world of broken machines and bitter personalities - a bit like Sid's bedroom in Toy Story, but without the friendly furnishings.

This forgotten world is run by Oswald the Rabbit. He was Disney's first creation, made long before Mickey Mouse, and his jealousy of the newcomer has fermented for years. Now, finally, Oswald is ready for revenge.

He unleashes The Phantom Blot to wipe out Mickey and his cartoon world. The Blot pollutes the Disney universe with sticky black ink that makes colours run and fade (as seen on the Game Informer cover), so it's up to Mickey to restore peace and order. And this is where his tools come in.
[NEW PLOT REVEALED, see newer posts for details]

Mickey has to draw and scribble his way through levels, mending broken bridges by applying the right colour paint or peering through walls after applying thinner. He can even clear rubble from his path by erasing parts of the world.

Our source told us Epic Mickey is a game about thinking and artwork - laterally considering your environment in order to overcome puzzles.

On top of that is a healthy dose of exploration, plus Mickey will be getting "his first makeover in years". "That's why no one's seen his face yet," our source explained, "But he's far more retro than you've seen him for years."

Last edited by roger dog; 06-04-2012 at 11:48 AM.. Reason: updating information - OFFICIAL RELEASE DATE : North America*, Continental Europe**, United Kingdom***
Old 10-08-2009, 06:39 AM
Coming back
13luckoftheirish13's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Dawggish
13luckoftheirish13 has the heart of a hobbit!13luckoftheirish13 has the heart of a hobbit!13luckoftheirish13 has the heart of a hobbit!13luckoftheirish13 has the heart of a hobbit!13luckoftheirish13 has the heart of a hobbit!13luckoftheirish13 has the heart of a hobbit!13luckoftheirish13 has the heart of a hobbit!13luckoftheirish13 has the heart of a hobbit!13luckoftheirish13 has the heart of a hobbit!13luckoftheirish13 has the heart of a hobbit!13luckoftheirish13 has the heart of a hobbit!
Wow that looks cool! :) Good ol' Mickey.
Old 10-08-2009, 06:40 AM
TTR 3d Artist
Speedway Master's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Footinmouth
Speedway Master has the heart of a hobbit!Speedway Master has the heart of a hobbit!Speedway Master has the heart of a hobbit!Speedway Master has the heart of a hobbit!Speedway Master has the heart of a hobbit!Speedway Master has the heart of a hobbit!Speedway Master has the heart of a hobbit!Speedway Master has the heart of a hobbit!Speedway Master has the heart of a hobbit!Speedway Master has the heart of a hobbit!Speedway Master has the heart of a hobbit!
Why, Oswald, why!?

I don't know about you, but I'm going to get this game the day it comes out.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:25 AM
Magical Toon
Fae's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Angelic
Fae glows with inner TooninessFae glows with inner TooninessFae glows with inner TooninessFae glows with inner TooninessFae glows with inner TooninessFae glows with inner TooninessFae glows with inner Tooniness
o:

It's like a Disney Okami... sort of.

I'm trying to say this is EPICLY EPIC.
Old 10-09-2009, 03:41 AM
ahhh a monster!

roger dog has the heart of a hobbit!roger dog has the heart of a hobbit!roger dog has the heart of a hobbit!roger dog has the heart of a hobbit!roger dog has the heart of a hobbit!roger dog has the heart of a hobbit!roger dog has the heart of a hobbit!roger dog has the heart of a hobbit!roger dog has the heart of a hobbit!roger dog has the heart of a hobbit!roger dog has the heart of a hobbit!
More info may be available soon, so I'll try to keep this thread updated with things I can show

Anyone notice who's behind the gate in the picture there?
Old 10-09-2009, 06:56 AM
The Averagely-Bad Toon
Stolph's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Thinking
Stolph will soon be Dungeon Master!Stolph will soon be Dungeon Master!
A bit like sid's room but without the friendly furnishing was funny.
Nice picture, too. It sounds good!
I don't really know who that was behind the gate...
Old 10-10-2009, 01:00 AM
ahhh a monster!

For those who haven't guessed yet, the toon behind the gate happens to be none other than,

Oswald the Lucky Rabbit

And for the many of you that have not even HEARD of this toon, here's a small piece from another article to help bring you up-to-date(including information from the game's creator, Warren Spector):
Birth of an Icon

Mickey might never have been born were it not for another character that emerged from the early work of Walt Disney and his animation studio: Oswald the Lucky Rabbit. If you’ve never heard of him, you’re not alone. Few remember Walt Disney’s original cartoon star. Oswald appeared in several silent black and white films in the 1920s, only some of which have survived to the present day. This rabbit, not the now-famous mouse, might have taken the road to stardom were it not for a dispute between Walt Disney and his film financier.

In the cold winter of 1928, Walt Disney was in New York trying to get a small raise from his distributor, Charles Mintz, so that the Oswald cartoons could continue production. Disney hoped to increase the price per cartoon from $2,250 to $2,500. Mintz would have none of it – instead chopping the production budget down to $1,800 and demanding that Disney continue work or the character (who technically belonged to Mintz) would be taken away. Prior to this brutal ultimatum, Charles Mintz had even stolen away several of Disney’s key artists and animators.

“[Disney] lost Oswald because he refused to compromise on budget. So they fired him, found somebody who would do it cheaper, and guess what? Nobody remembers Oswald after Disney stopped doing him.”
-Warren Spector

Walt Disney wouldn’t be bullied, so this bitter negotiation signaled the end of Disney’s involvement with his beloved cartoon rabbit. It’s not clear exactly where and when Mickey Mouse came in to the picture, but the common story relayed by Walt Disney was that the idea of a mouse came to him on the train ride home to California after the disastrous meeting in New York. Disney collaborator Ub Iwerks had at least as much to do with the creation of the character as Disney himself. While much of the acclaim in later years would be heaped on Walt Disney, Ub Iwerks is the artist who gave form to the character. Most accounts relay that Disney first named the little guy Mortimer Mouse, but his wife declared that a terrible idea, and suggested Mickey instead. A star was born.

Old 10-10-2009, 01:23 AM
I eat shirts.
bcb's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Mad
bcb glows with inner Tooninessbcb glows with inner Tooninessbcb glows with inner Tooninessbcb glows with inner Tooninessbcb glows with inner Tooninessbcb glows with inner Tooninessbcb glows with inner Tooniness
I have just one word for this. YAY
Old 10-10-2009, 04:05 PM
Game Over
iTs DiDDY's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Woot
iTs DiDDY is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseiTs DiDDY is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseiTs DiDDY is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseiTs DiDDY is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseiTs DiDDY is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseiTs DiDDY is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseiTs DiDDY is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseiTs DiDDY is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseiTs DiDDY is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseiTs DiDDY is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseiTs DiDDY is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mouse
Wow Rog, thanks for posting! Hopefully ya can give me more info on Yahoo. ;3

Join the TTC Times. Or else. [Don't ask what else is. xD]
Old 10-10-2009, 04:40 PM
GoldGameMaster
PeppyThunderpoof's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Disney
PeppyThunderpoof will soon be Dungeon Master!
Yep I heard about it too. Didn't notice Oswald was there.

Have a Toony Day
Peppy
Old 10-10-2009, 07:14 PM
Magical Toon
Fae's Main Toon Info

Fae glows with inner TooninessFae glows with inner TooninessFae glows with inner TooninessFae glows with inner TooninessFae glows with inner TooninessFae glows with inner TooninessFae glows with inner Tooniness
Oh. My. MICKEY.

Google is a beautiful thing!!!

The artwork is amazing! It looks so PWNSOME! And EPIC!

But it's kind of creepy at the same time. D:

I think I saw Mickey's updated face, though... o.o
I certainly hope it's not real...

...but if it was THAT'D BE SO EPIC.

Sorry. This game really excites me. xD
Old 10-10-2009, 11:51 PM
ahhh a monster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckex View Post
...I think I saw Mickey's updated face, though... o.o
I certainly hope it's not real...

...but if it was THAT'D BE SO EPIC.

Sorry. This game really excites me. xD
Ya, me too lol.

But about his face, the only thing I've seen released so far of it was this inkblob of it

-Date is next issue w/ LOTS of info on game

Everything else was fanart and some pictures of Mickey in Runaway Brain

Also, not sure how much this information will change, but here's some detail about the game.
Name: Disney Epic Mickey
Platform: Nintendo Wii
1 Players
Developer: Junction Point
Publisher: Disney Interactive Studios
Genre: Adventure
Release Date: Fall 2010
ESRB: RP

Last edited by roger dog; 10-14-2009 at 06:24 AM..
Old 10-11-2009, 01:20 AM
it's good to see you again!!
Comica Dreams's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Dreamy
Comica Dreams glows with inner TooninessComica Dreams glows with inner TooninessComica Dreams glows with inner TooninessComica Dreams glows with inner TooninessComica Dreams glows with inner TooninessComica Dreams glows with inner TooninessComica Dreams glows with inner TooninessComica Dreams glows with inner Tooniness
Nice "Soon to be realeased" game. I can't wait to see what Mickey's face looks like in it. (And now you had just made me watch the one cartoon Roger Dog mentioned.)

Last edited by Comica Dreams; 10-11-2009 at 05:25 AM..
Old 10-11-2009, 03:25 PM
Magical Toon
Fae's Main Toon Info

There's a creepy Mickey on the first page if you google it. o: I don't think that's his face... but still. xD

Oh, and watch the videos! THEY'RE SO COOL.
Old 10-16-2009, 10:27 AM
ahhh a monster!

-clip from GI video sketch of a robotic Beetleworx and Mickey-

More will be added to this post when I finish being amazed by everything released so far.