Go Back   MMO Central Forums > Toontown Rewritten > That Extra Laff

Notices

That Extra Laff Racing, Fishing, or Gardening, you just gotta do it.

Old Golfing Grind...Any Tips?

Login or Register now to see fewer ads.

Old 05-01-2020, 12:08 AM
That Extra Laff...
Minty Man's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Thoughtful
Minty Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseMinty Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseMinty Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseMinty Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseMinty Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseMinty Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseMinty Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseMinty Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseMinty Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseMinty Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseMinty Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mouse
Golfing Grind...Any Tips?

I just started the golfing grind on TTR and I'm really struggling to wrap my mind around the quantity of golfing I'll be doing every day for the next few weeks! Does anyone have any tips on making this time go faster? I already multi-toon courses when I can't find another player, but I'd appreciate anything you can think of! Thanks so much!
Old 05-01-2020, 12:35 AM
Just A Dream
Just A Dream's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Happy
Just A Dream will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeJust A Dream will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeJust A Dream will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeJust A Dream will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeJust A Dream will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeJust A Dream will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeJust A Dream will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeJust A Dream will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeJust A Dream will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeJust A Dream will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeJust A Dream will one day be as helpful as Samwise Gamgee
Quote:
I already multi-toon courses when I can't find another player, but I'd appreciate anything you can think of! Thanks so much!
I suggest grinding for holes in ones, eagles, birdies, and pars when you're playing Walk in the Par. When it comes to Hole Some Fun and Kit and Caboodle, complete one out of the six/nine courses on the toon you want to win. For the losing toon, make sure they get 0% strokes. This will help you guarantee which toon you want to win. After that, get 0% strokes for everything else (you'll get a +3). When you get a 0% stroke, the ball moves nowhere and your turn ends in a second. If there is anything unclear about what I am saying, feel free to reply back, and I'll try to respond the best I can.
Old 05-05-2020, 09:20 PM
Cold Caller's Guild!
Prof. Lionel's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Duckish
Prof. Lionel will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeProf. Lionel will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeProf. Lionel will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeProf. Lionel will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeProf. Lionel will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeProf. Lionel will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeProf. Lionel will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeProf. Lionel will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeProf. Lionel will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeProf. Lionel will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeProf. Lionel will one day be as helpful as Samwise Gamgee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Dream View Post
I suggest grinding for holes in ones, eagles, birdies, and pars when you're playing Walk in the Par. When it comes to Hole Some Fun and Kit and Caboodle, complete one out of the six/nine courses on the toon you want to win. For the losing toon, make sure they get 0% strokes. This will help you guarantee which toon you want to win. After that, get 0% strokes for everything else (you'll get a +3). When you get a 0% stroke, the ball moves nowhere and your turn ends in a second. If there is anything unclear about what I am saying, feel free to reply back, and I'll try to respond the best I can.
Is there any easy/quick way to do a 0% stroke? That would definitely make it more bearable to multi-toon some courses.
Old 05-05-2020, 10:11 PM
Soundless is growl
Lori's Main Toon Info

My Mood: ToonEnough
Lori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Lionel View Post
Is there any easy/quick way to do a 0% stroke? That would definitely make it more bearable to multi-toon some courses.
I just barelyyyyy tap on the ctrl key. Like, I don't even press it down all the way it's such a small tap.
Old 05-06-2020, 12:18 AM
That Extra Laff...

Minty Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseMinty Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseMinty Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseMinty Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseMinty Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseMinty Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseMinty Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseMinty Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseMinty Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseMinty Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseMinty Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mouse
Thank you so much for this advice, everyone! I ended up creating an alternate toon (who I'm absolutely excited to get going through the world of Toontown once Minty's maxed!) and using these tips--already done with the 100 Hole Kit and Caboodles and 26 trophies in all!
Old 05-14-2020, 01:57 AM
Owoooo!
Prof. Pickles McPretzel's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Goofyy
Prof. Pickles McPretzel is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseProf. Pickles McPretzel is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseProf. Pickles McPretzel is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseProf. Pickles McPretzel is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseProf. Pickles McPretzel is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseProf. Pickles McPretzel is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseProf. Pickles McPretzel is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseProf. Pickles McPretzel is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseProf. Pickles McPretzel is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseProf. Pickles McPretzel is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseProf. Pickles McPretzel is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minty Man View Post
Thank you so much for this advice, everyone! I ended up creating an alternate toon (who I'm absolutely excited to get going through the world of Toontown once Minty's maxed!) and using these tips--already done with the 100 Hole Kit and Caboodles and 26 trophies in all!
Congratulations! I plan on undertaking this on my main toon soon. Out of curiosity, how much time did it take you to get that far in your golfing journey?
Old 05-14-2020, 09:56 PM
That Extra Laff...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Pickles McPretzel View Post
Congratulations! I plan on undertaking this on my main toon soon. Out of curiosity, how much time did it take you to get that far in your golfing journey?
Thanks so much!

Well, given that we're still under stay-at-home where I live and the average 2-toon run of a Hole Kit and Caboodle takes about 15 minutes, I got through 100 in a little under a week. I sometimes went crazy and did 25 in a day while watching Netflix and other times I slowed down to just 5-10 a workday. It all depends on your ability to power through them!