Go Back   MMO Central Forums > Site Content > News Articles > Disneys Online Worlds (wiki)

Notices

Disneys Online Worlds (wiki) This is the area to talk about the wiki -- the ever changing guide for Disney's online games. http://www.disneysonlineworlds.com/

Old "How do I join Disneys Online Worlds?"

Login or Register now to see fewer ads.

Old 06-13-2008, 07:49 AM
Leveled up!
UpInTheAir's Main Toon Info

UpInTheAir could defeat Bowser one-handed!UpInTheAir could defeat Bowser one-handed!UpInTheAir could defeat Bowser one-handed!UpInTheAir could defeat Bowser one-handed!
"How do I join Disneys Online Worlds?"

Disneys Online Worlds (otherwise know as DOW) strives to be a comprehensive resource for Disney Online Games. It is written and maintained by a group of editors, but we rely heavily on non-editor image and information submissions to remain as up-to-date and complete as possible.

Information on the DOW wiki is accessible to everyone. You only need to join if you wish to be able to edit pages. We cannot always accept everyone who applies, and sometimes we just don't have a need for more editors. Even if you apply but are not accepted, this doesn't mean we don't want your help. We urge you to continue to assist the wiki as a non-editor by getting us needed images and information.

The following explains how to apply and was adapted from a guide written by VMKF member Alexthedragon.

Step One: Visit the Wiki

First things first, we have to visit the site. The URL is http://www.disneysonlineworlds.com Once there, you will see the following:

If you are there, go to step two.

Step Two: Signing Up

Now is the most challenging part. Scroll down on the homepage until you see:

"If you would like to be able to edit/moderate this wiki, please email with your forum username and what you would contribute to applications@disneysonlineworlds.com"

Send in your appliacation and wait for a reply.

Step Three: Wait

Your application needs time to be processed. Please be patient. During this time DOW moderators are looking over your posts and your behavior on the forums. The DOW moderators like to see that potential editors can follow forum rules and make productive posts. It is important that the editing staff of DOW be able to work together. WE look for editors who will work well with our team.

If your application is rejected, we would love it if you continued helping us by submitting information for the wiki here on the forums. Feel free to apply again at a later date.

If you are accepted, continue on to the next step.

Step Four: New Password

Time to make an easier to remember password. Click "My preferences" at the top of the page and scroll until you see the Change password area.

Enter your old password and then your new password twice. Press save and then you are done.

Step Five: Editing!

Congrats! You are now a Disney Online Worlds Editor! Have fun and help make the wiki better! See the DOW Rules and Guidelines

Step Six: Logging In to Edit

After you log out, you will have to log back in to edit. Press Log in/create account at the top and type your username and password from before. If you forget your password, press "E-mail password." If you don't want to log back in each time, just check "Remember my login on this computer."

Now you can now help edit the wiki!
Old 06-13-2008, 03:14 PM
Game Over
The Monkey Man's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Monkeyish
The Monkey Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseThe Monkey Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseThe Monkey Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseThe Monkey Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseThe Monkey Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseThe Monkey Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseThe Monkey Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseThe Monkey Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseThe Monkey Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseThe Monkey Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseThe Monkey Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mouse
Oh, so THAT'S how you apply...

*Rushes off to email the address*

Nice job, UpInTheAir. This should be stickied.

And by the way, what should you include in your application?
Old 06-13-2008, 11:04 PM
Leveled up!
UpInTheAir's Main Toon Info

UpInTheAir could defeat Bowser one-handed!UpInTheAir could defeat Bowser one-handed!UpInTheAir could defeat Bowser one-handed!UpInTheAir could defeat Bowser one-handed!
Some information you should include in your application:
  • Tell us which of our sister forums you are a member of, and your username on these forums.
  • If you are accepted, what would you like your DOW username to be? (Some users have different usernames on each of the forums and so we're not always sure which one they want to use for DOW)

Some things to think about when writing your application:
  • What areas of the wiki do you feel you would be able to help with?
  • What specific tasks would you like to do? Are you good at getting screen shots? Are you a good writer? Do you know of any pages that we need to fix or make? Do you have ideas for new projects that might help the wiki be more complete?
  • Do you have any past experience with our wiki? Do you use it yourself as a guide? Have you contributed to the wiki as a non-editor?

Some things to keep in mind:
  • There are many reasons why we might not accept your application at a certain time. If you aren't accepted, we would hope that you try and help the wiki as a non-editor by submitting images and information to us on the forums
  • Our non-editor contributors are just as important to us as our editors. If the wiki sounds like something that might interest you, perhaps start out by contributing as a non-editor. This helps you get familiar with the wiki, and helps us get familiar with what you have to offer ;)
  • Users who aren't accepted are welcome to apply again in the future.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:46 PM
Game Over
CremePie3544's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Jellybean
CremePie3544 is ooo!CremePie3544 is ooo!CremePie3544 is ooo!CremePie3544 is ooo!CremePie3544 is ooo!
I think that the DOW wiki is fantastic, and i hope it keeps growing. I sometimes notice parts with not enough information, and i am going to start contributing to as a non-editer. That's enough for me :D