Go Back   MMO Central Forums > Toontown Rewritten > Toontown Rewritten Playground

Notices

Toontown Rewritten Playground General discussion for Toontown Rewritten.

Old Toontown sure is busy tonight!

Login or Register now to see fewer ads.

Old 03-19-2020, 12:54 AM
living life
Bongo Rock's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Adventurous
Bongo Rock glows with inner TooninessBongo Rock glows with inner TooninessBongo Rock glows with inner TooninessBongo Rock glows with inner TooninessBongo Rock glows with inner TooninessBongo Rock glows with inner TooninessBongo Rock glows with inner TooninessBongo Rock glows with inner Tooniness
Toontown sure is busy tonight!

Hey everyone, tonight I was pleasantly surprised as I saw the tonight's total Toontown population reached well over 3000. I had not seen a number like this for a while, so I decided to screenshot and post it.

I almost wanted to say there is a "silver lining" to what the world is going through right now, but I will refrain since this is an overwhelmingly serious situation compared to a game. I don't even know if it's the reason for a spike in Toontown logins anyways.
Old 03-19-2020, 05:10 AM
Cogbuster and Wizard
Queen Petunia Gigglenugget's Main Toon Info

My Mood: w00t
Queen Petunia Gigglenugget is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseQueen Petunia Gigglenugget is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseQueen Petunia Gigglenugget is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseQueen Petunia Gigglenugget is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseQueen Petunia Gigglenugget is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseQueen Petunia Gigglenugget is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseQueen Petunia Gigglenugget is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseQueen Petunia Gigglenugget is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseQueen Petunia Gigglenugget is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseQueen Petunia Gigglenugget is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseQueen Petunia Gigglenugget is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mouse
The population was way up the day before too, which was unusual to see on a Tuesday in March. I assume it's because people are finding things to do at home now, and maybe also at the same time that many are on Spring Break. I'm interested to see if it keeps up and am just enjoying seeing people play.
Old 03-19-2020, 03:10 PM
Proud member of the CCG!
Tasty Bacon's Main Toon Info

My Mood: CCG_ish
Tasty Bacon has the heart of a hobbit!Tasty Bacon has the heart of a hobbit!Tasty Bacon has the heart of a hobbit!Tasty Bacon has the heart of a hobbit!Tasty Bacon has the heart of a hobbit!Tasty Bacon has the heart of a hobbit!Tasty Bacon has the heart of a hobbit!Tasty Bacon has the heart of a hobbit!Tasty Bacon has the heart of a hobbit!Tasty Bacon has the heart of a hobbit!Tasty Bacon has the heart of a hobbit!
I'm not shocked by an influx of players only because of the times we're currently living in, but it is certainly nice to see people are spending their time on TTR. I've seen on other games and even websites that traffic has grown to numbers that developers would never expect in March. Either way, it is nice that folks can come together and play games.
Old 03-19-2020, 08:53 PM
Currently having issues
Weird Curly Megaquack's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Pwness
Weird Curly Megaquack will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeWeird Curly Megaquack will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeWeird Curly Megaquack will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeWeird Curly Megaquack will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeWeird Curly Megaquack will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeWeird Curly Megaquack will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeWeird Curly Megaquack will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeWeird Curly Megaquack will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeWeird Curly Megaquack will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeWeird Curly Megaquack will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeWeird Curly Megaquack will one day be as helpful as Samwise Gamgee
I know TTR has been my "silver lining" in our current situation. I would definitely be going stir-crazy if I couldn't play right now.
Old 03-23-2020, 04:25 PM
That Extra Laff...
Minty Man's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Thoughtful
Minty Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseMinty Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseMinty Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseMinty Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseMinty Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseMinty Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseMinty Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseMinty Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseMinty Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseMinty Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseMinty Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mouse
It's such a great thing to see more players, but I will say that I'm not sure how many more toons the TTR servers can handle. The game's been working at peak population for a few days, now, and many players have said they're experiencing more disconnections, more server unavailability, and increased lag and loading time.

It's certainly brilliant news that people still turn to the game in times of need and relaxation! I just hope that the team--who is always doing their best to support gameplay--can keep up with the demand!
Old 03-23-2020, 05:41 PM
Registered Rabbit
_Holly_'s Main Toon Info

_Holly_ is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mouse_Holly_ is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mouse_Holly_ is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mouse_Holly_ is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mouse_Holly_ is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mouse_Holly_ is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mouse_Holly_ is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mouse_Holly_ is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mouse_Holly_ is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mouse_Holly_ is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mouse_Holly_ is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mouse
I hoped the maintenance last night was to fix the servers, but it looks like it hasn't. :/ There are only 2,000 people on now, and yet they're still slow. Maybe the population isn't the only issue?

I wonder if TTR has lost the ability to add districts. They downgraded the servers a couple years ago after the game population kept dropping, and since then I haven't seen them ever add districts like they did in TTR's first few years. If they can add districts this would be the time to do it.

While I'm glad to have new players and that so many people are finding solace in TTR while "sheltering at home," I'll admit the sudden influx has been a bit stressful for me. Usually I can play TTR on autopilot, but now there are so many people that are learning how to play a lot of runs are downright hard. My poor cash uber is almost auto sad if I take her in a mint with randoms so I've switched to multi tooning for now. Though that in of itself is hard since sometimes the servers prevent me from getting all my toons in the game.
Old 03-23-2020, 06:57 PM
Just A Dream
Just A Dream's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Happy
Just A Dream will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeJust A Dream will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeJust A Dream will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeJust A Dream will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeJust A Dream will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeJust A Dream will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeJust A Dream will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeJust A Dream will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeJust A Dream will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeJust A Dream will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeJust A Dream will one day be as helpful as Samwise Gamgee
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Holly_ View Post
While I'm glad to have new players and that so many people are finding solace in TTR while "sheltering at home," I'll admit the sudden influx has been a bit stressful for me. Usually I can play TTR on autopilot, but now there are so many people that are learning how to play a lot of runs are downright hard. My poor cash uber is almost auto sad if I take her in a mint with randoms so I've switched to multi tooning for now. Though that in of itself is hard since sometimes the servers prevent me from getting all my toons in the game.
It is going to take me a bit of time getting used to this as well! My CFO runs aren't as smooth as they used to be.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:39 PM
lolling somewhere
ToonE.'s Main Toon Info

My Mood: Curious
ToonE. glows with inner TooninessToonE. glows with inner TooninessToonE. glows with inner TooninessToonE. glows with inner TooninessToonE. glows with inner TooninessToonE. glows with inner TooninessToonE. glows with inner Tooniness
Icon7

Oops on me. I'm definitely contributing to the lag. I'm a very infrequent player, who's now quarantined and sinking some hours into TTR.
Old 03-25-2020, 10:24 PM
Music is my religion
SourKraut's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Cog-Like
SourKraut could defeat Bowser one-handed!SourKraut could defeat Bowser one-handed!SourKraut could defeat Bowser one-handed!
SWOTRNews ?

Is it really? Only due to Corona?
Old 03-26-2020, 09:59 PM
That Extra Laff...
Minty Man's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Thoughtful
Minty Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseMinty Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseMinty Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseMinty Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseMinty Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseMinty Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseMinty Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseMinty Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseMinty Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseMinty Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseMinty Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourKraut View Post
Is it really? Only due to Corona?
I wouldn't say it's ONLY due to COVID, but the kind of attraction the game has become in the past few weeks is likely due to more people being home and able to play all day long, yes. Plus a lot of people are looking for things to give them a sense of comfort amidst the chaos so they turn to parts of their past that brought them joy. Enter Toontown!
Old 03-27-2020, 10:39 PM
Excited to discover TTR
Kngdmhrtz2's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Toony
Kngdmhrtz2 is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseKngdmhrtz2 is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseKngdmhrtz2 is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseKngdmhrtz2 is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseKngdmhrtz2 is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseKngdmhrtz2 is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseKngdmhrtz2 is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseKngdmhrtz2 is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseKngdmhrtz2 is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseKngdmhrtz2 is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseKngdmhrtz2 is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mouse
I will say that I haven't been on Toontown in a LONG time, and I just re-logged in as a teacher trying to keep my mind off the craziness in the real world!
Old 03-27-2020, 11:09 PM
Currently having issues
Weird Curly Megaquack's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Pwness
Weird Curly Megaquack will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeWeird Curly Megaquack will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeWeird Curly Megaquack will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeWeird Curly Megaquack will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeWeird Curly Megaquack will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeWeird Curly Megaquack will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeWeird Curly Megaquack will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeWeird Curly Megaquack will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeWeird Curly Megaquack will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeWeird Curly Megaquack will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeWeird Curly Megaquack will one day be as helpful as Samwise Gamgee
Someday years from now, our children are going to ask how we survived the Corona pandemic of 2020, and we're going to say, "Toontown."
Old 03-28-2020, 12:30 AM
living life
Bongo Rock's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Adventurous
Bongo Rock glows with inner TooninessBongo Rock glows with inner TooninessBongo Rock glows with inner TooninessBongo Rock glows with inner TooninessBongo Rock glows with inner TooninessBongo Rock glows with inner TooninessBongo Rock glows with inner TooninessBongo Rock glows with inner Tooniness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minty Man View Post
It's such a great thing to see more players, but I will say that I'm not sure how many more toons the TTR servers can handle. The game's been working at peak population for a few days, now, and many players have said they're experiencing more disconnections, more server unavailability, and increased lag and loading time.

It's certainly brilliant news that people still turn to the game in times of need and relaxation! I just hope that the team--who is always doing their best to support gameplay--can keep up with the demand!
Honestly, for me I have only noticed a small increase in time it takes to get online since this spike in daily players. My computer is slow as well. However I still noticed a difference nonetheless, just nothing crippling.
Old 03-28-2020, 05:31 AM
Registered Rabbit
_Holly_'s Main Toon Info

_Holly_ is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mouse_Holly_ is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mouse_Holly_ is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mouse_Holly_ is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mouse_Holly_ is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mouse_Holly_ is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mouse_Holly_ is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mouse_Holly_ is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mouse_Holly_ is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mouse_Holly_ is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mouse_Holly_ is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mouse
TTR took the game down for maintenance a few times the last several days, and I think they finally ironed out the server issues. There is still a bit of lag at times, but no longer the lengthy wait to get in the game and constant "Server not available..." messages.

These runs with all the newbies are bringing back a lot of memories from when I used to run with randoms in the busy district in TTO.
Old 03-29-2020, 12:54 AM
Music is my religion
SourKraut's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Cog-Like
SourKraut could defeat Bowser one-handed!SourKraut could defeat Bowser one-handed!SourKraut could defeat Bowser one-handed!
Contest Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weird Curly Megaquack View Post
Someday years from now, our children are going to ask how we survived the Corona pandemic of 2020, and we're going to say, "Toontown."
(looks forward to 2040...)