• MMO Central Home
  • MMO Central Forums
  • MMO Central Gallery
  • User Control Panel
  • Register!
  • Lose Your Marbles? Click Here!

Go Back   MMO Central Forums > Other Games > Games Archive > Game Discussion Archive

Notices

Game Discussion Archive Archive forum for Game Discussion posts.

Old Any good games that I should try?

Login or Register now to see fewer ads.

Old 12-20-2014, 03:12 AM
Mobian Raichu

My Mood: Silly
Pow Pow has the heart of a hobbit!Pow Pow has the heart of a hobbit!Pow Pow has the heart of a hobbit!Pow Pow has the heart of a hobbit!Pow Pow has the heart of a hobbit!Pow Pow has the heart of a hobbit!Pow Pow has the heart of a hobbit!Pow Pow has the heart of a hobbit!Pow Pow has the heart of a hobbit!Pow Pow has the heart of a hobbit!Pow Pow has the heart of a hobbit!
Any good games that I should try?

I need to think about what games I may want to get, and I don't think I really have the best games that I should have. Anyone have any suggestions? I have a 3DS/DS, Wii/Gamecube/Wii U, Xbox 360, and, uh, laptop (With Steam on it, should I need to say that).
Old 12-20-2014, 04:32 AM
OBJECTION!

My Mood: Gaming
Cyndaquil707 is famous at conventions.Cyndaquil707 is famous at conventions.Cyndaquil707 is famous at conventions.Cyndaquil707 is famous at conventions.Cyndaquil707 is famous at conventions.Cyndaquil707 is famous at conventions.
Anyone who has steam has to have Team Fortress 2, Portal 1 and 2, and the Half-Life series. Those are so popular, so I guess you have them.

For 3DS, i recommend Fantasy Life, which is sorta like Animal Crossing but with RPG elements. Lots of different jobs you can choose that are diverse. Retro City Rampage is great too. Its on the eShop. Its sorta like GTA, but its 8-bit and top down view. Its filled with references to videogames and pop culture. Shovel Knight is also great. (I think you might have that, its on Wii U and 3DS). Phoenix Wright VS Professor Layton or Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies are great too. Dual destinies is an eShop title and is rates M, but the only bad parts are the cutscenes.

Thats about all I can think off. Pretty much any first party Wii U game is good.
Old 12-20-2014, 03:23 PM
Comet Sighted! -1 Stability

My Mood: AFK
anvildropper has the heart of a hobbit!anvildropper has the heart of a hobbit!anvildropper has the heart of a hobbit!anvildropper has the heart of a hobbit!anvildropper has the heart of a hobbit!anvildropper has the heart of a hobbit!anvildropper has the heart of a hobbit!anvildropper has the heart of a hobbit!anvildropper has the heart of a hobbit!anvildropper has the heart of a hobbit!anvildropper has the heart of a hobbit!
Pretty much all those Steam titles that Cyndaquil told you are definitely worth your time.

In addition to those;
Civilization 5: if you like strategy - Get the Complete edition with both the expansion packs. Definitely worth it, they are what make the game great.
FTL: Faster than Light: A little retro styled indie game ive been playing recently about piloting a spacecraft and fighting enemy rebels and pirates to save the Federation. It also has strategic elements, but its more tactical battling and crew/ship management. I suggest you have a look at it. Quite a hard game, but definitely worth it.
Just Cause 2: GTA plus a grappling hook and parachuting, hijacking helicopters, a huge amount for explosions and a gigantic map. Probably the most outrageously fun game I have ever played. Dont play it for story, thats a bit naff. Just play it for the fun. If you can get it on PC, even better, because you can get the multiplayer mod as well (Well, have a decent PC for it of course) M rated mind you, its mostly just violence thats a problem though.
Tropico 4: A real nice Caribbean - Cold War themed City builder. Way better than anything SimCity 2013 can manage and even has a campaign mode. The humour and Caribbean soundtrack are what really make this game though. I'd get this one, Tropico 5 is a bit of a misfire for me.
Left 4 Dead 2: If your gonna play any zombie game make it this one. Play with friends for the best experience, and youll have a great time. The versus mode is by far the best part of this game. Just be mindful its quite a gory, violent game.

And remember its Holiday Sale time! So pick out what you want quickly!
Old 12-24-2014, 02:35 AM
Some things are that simple

My Mood: Apathetic
masterdissidia has an achievement named after them!masterdissidia has an achievement named after them!masterdissidia has an achievement named after them!masterdissidia has an achievement named after them!masterdissidia has an achievement named after them!masterdissidia has an achievement named after them!masterdissidia has an achievement named after them!masterdissidia has an achievement named after them!masterdissidia has an achievement named after them!masterdissidia has an achievement named after them!
I couldn't help much with recent games, but for old games...

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (Gamecube, not sure about recent prices on it, though)

Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2 (DS, you'll probably like it if you like Pokemon, though since DS Wi-Fi is gone a few monsters are unobtainable now)

I would recommend Golden Sun (Gameboy Advance, available on the Wii U eShop), but maybe not until Golden Sun: The Lost Age is also available on the Wii U eShop (It wasn't the last time I checked, which was a few days ago). It's not bad alone, but way better if you can play both.
Old 12-24-2014, 02:53 AM
#JusticeForGothSesameStre et

My Mood: Footinmouth
The Ninja is a player of legend in their game.The Ninja is a player of legend in their game.The Ninja is a player of legend in their game.The Ninja is a player of legend in their game.The Ninja is a player of legend in their game.The Ninja is a player of legend in their game.The Ninja is a player of legend in their game.The Ninja is a player of legend in their game.The Ninja is a player of legend in their game.The Ninja is a player of legend in their game.The Ninja is a player of legend in their game.
Kid Icarus: Uprising. Best video game of all time next to The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask IMO. It has:

- Lots of levels, or "chapters"
- 360 achievements
- Hilarious dialogue
- Lots of different weapon types to choose from
- Multiplayer
- 2 gameplay styles that are both very fun
- 90 difficulty options (I'm not joking)
- Memorable characters
- Only $40

That's just the start. The only real big flaw with this game is that the controls take time to get used to, but once you are used to them everything clicks into place and this game suddenly becomes a masterpiece.
Old 12-24-2014, 11:38 PM
HORSE INTENSIFIES!

My Mood: owoooo
crazy toon could defeat Bowser one-handed!crazy toon could defeat Bowser one-handed!crazy toon could defeat Bowser one-handed!crazy toon could defeat Bowser one-handed!
Alright, I'm about to suggest a game, that going to blow all the above suggestions out of the water. (All the above games are fantastic suggestions though)

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeros

This game is part of the stealth genre, and is produced by Hideo Kojima. Due to this game being a pre-quell you don't need to have had played most of the previous Metal Gear Solid games, (Besides MGS 3 and Peace Walker, but the game explains the events from those games too) so that makes the game very friendly to new members of the series. The only downside is that the game is about 2-3 hours long including the campaign and side ops, but don't let that discourage you because the game is only 20 dollars ATM not to mention this game is setting the stage for...

Now on a side note I HIGHLY suggest that you get the PC version due to the enhanced visuals, but if you feel that your laptop isn't up the task the Xbox 360 version still looks fantastic considering the hardware it's running on.

Last edited by Queen Petunia Gigglenugget; 12-25-2014 at 01:06 AM. Reason: Inappropriate
Old 12-25-2014, 09:12 PM
KONO MYST DA!

My Mood: Quiet
The Mysterious Blue always knows how to splat a cog!The Mysterious Blue always knows how to splat a cog!The Mysterious Blue always knows how to splat a cog!The Mysterious Blue always knows how to splat a cog!The Mysterious Blue always knows how to splat a cog!The Mysterious Blue always knows how to splat a cog!
Valve games(Team Fortress 2, Portal, etc.)are pretty addicting in my opinion. You should try them.
Old 12-29-2014, 07:38 AM
Yankee#3328

My Mood: Sleepy
Nappin Kitty has an achievement named after them!Nappin Kitty has an achievement named after them!Nappin Kitty has an achievement named after them!Nappin Kitty has an achievement named after them!Nappin Kitty has an achievement named after them!Nappin Kitty has an achievement named after them!Nappin Kitty has an achievement named after them!Nappin Kitty has an achievement named after them!Nappin Kitty has an achievement named after them!Nappin Kitty has an achievement named after them!
Mirror's Edge, it's on all the 7th gen consoles (except the Wii, there's virtually no valid excuse why), as well as PC via Steam. Great game, phenomenal graphics design, and one of the few first person games that makes you not want to always shoot everybody out. Story's a little lacking, but the gameplay, at least for me, makes up for it 100%.

Think of it like this: Heart-racing, action, first person parkour adventure. Gets the blood pumping on your first playthrough like a stealth game xD

~nap