Go Back   MMO Central Forums > Other Games > Consoles and Apps > Nintendo

Notices

Nintendo Discussion of all Nintendo Games. Handhelds and consoles!

Old Kirby!

Login or Register now to see fewer ads.

Old 04-27-2020, 11:37 PM
some CCG mod that loves kirby
Gigi's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Author
Gigi has the heart of a hobbit!Gigi has the heart of a hobbit!Gigi has the heart of a hobbit!Gigi has the heart of a hobbit!Gigi has the heart of a hobbit!Gigi has the heart of a hobbit!Gigi has the heart of a hobbit!Gigi has the heart of a hobbit!Gigi has the heart of a hobbit!Gigi has the heart of a hobbit!Gigi has the heart of a hobbit!
Kirby!

I've been meaning to make a general thread for Kirby for a while now so that I can put all my Kirby ramblings in one place, and today marks the series' 28th anniversary, so what a better day to start one?

So, let's use this thread to discuss Kirby! To start of, what Kirby games have you played? Are there any you want to play but haven't yet? And what kind of Kirby games would you like to see in the future?
Old 04-28-2020, 02:24 PM
Taking the Scenic Route
SourKraut's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Cog-Like
SourKraut could defeat Bowser one-handed!SourKraut could defeat Bowser one-handed!SourKraut could defeat Bowser one-handed!SourKraut could defeat Bowser one-handed!
MCF Announcement

I've played only two so far: Kirby & the Amazing Mirror on the GBA and Kirby's Adventure on the Wii.
Old 04-29-2020, 12:20 AM
Lil Big NOT @ Eurovision 2020 </3
Wonder101's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Naughty
Wonder101 has the heart of a hobbit!Wonder101 has the heart of a hobbit!Wonder101 has the heart of a hobbit!Wonder101 has the heart of a hobbit!Wonder101 has the heart of a hobbit!Wonder101 has the heart of a hobbit!Wonder101 has the heart of a hobbit!Wonder101 has the heart of a hobbit!Wonder101 has the heart of a hobbit!Wonder101 has the heart of a hobbit!Wonder101 has the heart of a hobbit!
My first Kirby game was Kirby Super Star Ultra for the DS. I loved it, and I had to end up buying two copies of it because my pet rat ended up chewing the first copy. I've also played Kirby's Epic Yarn for the Wii, Colorful Canvas, Nightmare in Dreamland, and I have Triple Deluxe. I made it to only level 1-3 in Triple Deluxe though because I don't really like the 3d games. Is there any Kirby games for the Switch yet? If not, I imagine they are on their way lol.
Old 04-30-2020, 02:21 AM
heavily meditated
Finn's Main Toon Info

Finn was one of the first to find ^^vv<><>BA
The only Kirby game I have played was Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
Old 05-03-2020, 12:35 AM
Supersecret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau
Zilly's Main Toon Info

My Mood: BanHappy
Zilly is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseZilly is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseZilly is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseZilly is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseZilly is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseZilly is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseZilly is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseZilly is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseZilly is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseZilly is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseZilly is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mouse
28th? OMG I'm old.

How was Kirby's Epic Yarn? I haven't played any since the Wii, but that one looks kind of awesome. Plus, I knit. So Kirby and yarn all at once.
Old 05-04-2020, 01:16 AM
some CCG mod that loves kirby
Gigi's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Author
Gigi has the heart of a hobbit!Gigi has the heart of a hobbit!Gigi has the heart of a hobbit!Gigi has the heart of a hobbit!Gigi has the heart of a hobbit!Gigi has the heart of a hobbit!Gigi has the heart of a hobbit!Gigi has the heart of a hobbit!Gigi has the heart of a hobbit!Gigi has the heart of a hobbit!Gigi has the heart of a hobbit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonder101 View Post
Is there any Kirby games for the Switch yet? If not, I imagine they are on their way lol.
Yeah, there are two Kirby games for the Switch right now!

The first is Kirby Star Allies, which is pretty much your standard Kirby game: platformer, with Copy Abilities and stuff, and it's multiplayer too. This one is more of a celebration of the series (released a bit late for the celebration of Kirby's 25th anniversary), and has many references to past games, remixes and, above all, additional playable characters (called in the game "Dream Friends"), which are all characters from past games that are playable for the first time ever. It's a really fun game, specially if you're a crazy fan of the series like me. :P

The second is Super Kirby Clash, which is a free-to-play spinoff. It's an expanded version of the 3DS game Team Kirby Clash Deluxe, which in turn was an expanded version of the Team Kirby Clash minigame from Kirby: Planet Robobot on the 3DS. It's complicated, I know! Regardless, in this spinoff you control a Kirby and you're joined by 3 others to defeat many bosses in ordeals. You have 4 "roles" to pick from, and for each character, and then you can buy better gear, items and stuff to take on tougher bosses. You also have EXP here. It's kind of a Kirby RPG, and a bit similar to Monster Hunter in a sense. It's a weird combination that works pretty well! Do note though that the game is free to download, but has microtransactions, but honestly they aren't bad as some mobile games around.

And I'm sure we'll eventually get some more Kirby games for the Switch, but this is what we have right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zilly View Post
How was Kirby's Epic Yarn? I haven't played any since the Wii, but that one looks kind of awesome. Plus, I knit. So Kirby and yarn all at once.
Kirby's Epic Yarn is a really relaxed game, and super cute too (even more than the average Kirby game). It definitively a game for everyone, no matter your skill. Plus, the game truly makes the most of its theme, so you'll control Kirby as he goes around tearing apart and sewing back levels. It's really impressive. If you ever get the chance to play it, I recommend it. You may even appreciate it more than me since you knit.
Old 05-05-2020, 12:51 AM
CCG welcomes everyone mmocentralforums.com/ccg
LittleCranky's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Cheesy
LittleCranky glows with inner TooninessLittleCranky glows with inner TooninessLittleCranky glows with inner TooninessLittleCranky glows with inner TooninessLittleCranky glows with inner TooninessLittleCranky glows with inner Tooniness
I haven't played any Kirby games yet. I am planning to though, sooner rather than later! But I'm only here to say that Kirby is really really cute!! <333

Thank you, Princess Zuzu Rosepetals!!
Little Cranky - 131 | Extra - 112
Ambassador Hotline | CCG Site
Old 05-11-2020, 09:50 PM
Derp.
Beary Funny's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Snoozing
Beary Funny is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseBeary Funny is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseBeary Funny is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseBeary Funny is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseBeary Funny is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseBeary Funny is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseBeary Funny is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseBeary Funny is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseBeary Funny is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseBeary Funny is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseBeary Funny is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mouse
Oh look, it's a thread I can contribute to! I think the first time I saw Kirby was in some game called Icy Tower, and I just liked that he was pink haha. I've played all the Kirby games on the Wii, Wii U and Switch (aside from the latest free to play one). While I loved all the Kirby games, I always remember enjoying Return to Dreamland, because it was the first Kirby game which I could experience all the classic copy abilities (my favourite abilities are fighter, ninja and water!). I own 2 Kirby plushies, which I received as Christmas/birthday presents, but earlier this year I actually crocheted my own Kirby! He's quite a big fella, but he's very fluffy, and nice buddy to have on my lap.

Click the image to view the full version
Old 05-18-2020, 10:23 PM
Cogbuster and Wizard
Queen Petunia Gigglenugget's Main Toon Info

My Mood: w00t
Queen Petunia Gigglenugget is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseQueen Petunia Gigglenugget is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseQueen Petunia Gigglenugget is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseQueen Petunia Gigglenugget is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseQueen Petunia Gigglenugget is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseQueen Petunia Gigglenugget is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseQueen Petunia Gigglenugget is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseQueen Petunia Gigglenugget is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseQueen Petunia Gigglenugget is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseQueen Petunia Gigglenugget is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseQueen Petunia Gigglenugget is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beary Funny View Post
Click the image to view the full version
I've never played a Kirby game but have to say, this is one of the most adorable things I've seen. I love!