Go Back   MMO Central Forums > Guilds and Clans Forums > Cold Callers Guild

Notices

Cold Callers Guild Welcome to the Cold Callers Guild

Old Anyone Got Tips for a Bottom Feeder One?

Login or Register now to see fewer ads.

Old 10-30-2019, 03:43 AM
Currently having issues
Weird Curly Megaquack's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Pwness
Weird Curly Megaquack will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeWeird Curly Megaquack will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeWeird Curly Megaquack will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeWeird Curly Megaquack will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeWeird Curly Megaquack will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeWeird Curly Megaquack will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeWeird Curly Megaquack will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeWeird Curly Megaquack will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeWeird Curly Megaquack will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeWeird Curly Megaquack will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeWeird Curly Megaquack will one day be as helpful as Samwise Gamgee
Anyone Got Tips for a Bottom Feeder One?

Well, with the Euro key bug finally fixed, Weird Curly Megaquack realizes she has a brand-new Lawbot suit to go break in and is hoping to do so sometime this week or the next. She's done exactly one CJ in her former life on TTO, and that was over a decade ago. So, while she's read up on the basics of the battle, she's still a little apprehensive.

Does anyone have any specific first-timer tips? Is stunning the Cogs or hitting the pan easier? What's the secret to timing the CJ's jumps (I do know it's different from the VP's pattern)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 10-30-2019, 05:25 AM
Have an awesome day!
gwenfunnymuffin's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Happyy
gwenfunnymuffin will one day be as helpful as Samwise Gamgeegwenfunnymuffin will one day be as helpful as Samwise Gamgeegwenfunnymuffin will one day be as helpful as Samwise Gamgeegwenfunnymuffin will one day be as helpful as Samwise Gamgeegwenfunnymuffin will one day be as helpful as Samwise Gamgeegwenfunnymuffin will one day be as helpful as Samwise Gamgeegwenfunnymuffin will one day be as helpful as Samwise Gamgeegwenfunnymuffin will one day be as helpful as Samwise Gamgeegwenfunnymuffin will one day be as helpful as Samwise Gamgeegwenfunnymuffin will one day be as helpful as Samwise Gamgeegwenfunnymuffin will one day be as helpful as Samwise Gamgee
Hi! Glad you're able to CJ now!
I'd say for your first time you'd probably want to hit the pan. It takes some practice to learn how to stun and you can decide later if that's something you'd like to learn. Also for timing jumps, the dodging is like in VP (he jumps you jump) except the CJ uses a giveaway phrase (You're all in contempt of court!) that implies he's going to jump in a minute. So if you have the red exclamation point turned on watch for that, otherwise wait a second or two after he says the giveaway phrase - maybe even angle yourself so you can keep an eye on him.
I hope this proves helpful and look forward to hopefully seeing you at some runs!
Old 10-30-2019, 05:35 AM
Registered Rabbit
_Holly_'s Main Toon Info

_Holly_ is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mouse_Holly_ is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mouse_Holly_ is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mouse_Holly_ is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mouse_Holly_ is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mouse_Holly_ is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mouse_Holly_ is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mouse_Holly_ is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mouse_Holly_ is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mouse_Holly_ is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mouse_Holly_ is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mouse
The hardest thing to dodge in CJ isn't the CJ's jumps, but the evidence being thrown by the cog lawyers. When you're hitting the pan (definitely recommended for a first timer), make sure to stand where you can see the line of cogs. They all throw at the same time. When they throw white evidence, it goes into the cog side of the pan, but the darker evidence will trip up your toon and do -5. Make sure to jump when you see it coming. It can be hard to get the timing of the jumps down at first.
Old 10-30-2019, 11:24 AM
Cogbuster and Wizard
Queen Petunia Gigglenugget's Main Toon Info

My Mood: w00t
Queen Petunia Gigglenugget is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseQueen Petunia Gigglenugget is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseQueen Petunia Gigglenugget is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseQueen Petunia Gigglenugget is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseQueen Petunia Gigglenugget is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseQueen Petunia Gigglenugget is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseQueen Petunia Gigglenugget is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseQueen Petunia Gigglenugget is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseQueen Petunia Gigglenugget is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseQueen Petunia Gigglenugget is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseQueen Petunia Gigglenugget is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mouse
I love the CJ battle! Once in a while I hear someone recommend that first timers aim for the cogs, but I think the pan is a better choice. These days, there seem to be a lot of people who want to solo or duo stun and an extra toon can throw off their rhythm. (However, I'm still a big fan of three-toon stun teams, so take a chance sometime and ask if you can try a couple of the cogs.)

In addition to what Holly said about dodging evidence from the cogs, I find it helps to change to a wide view for that round (hit tab 6 times on a PC). It takes a bit to get used to the perspective, but you can see more of the cogs and have a better chance of seeing them throw.

One more mistake I often see with both first timers and even some experienced toons is that their evidence isn't actually hitting the pan and they do not realize. A good hit makes the pan turn blue and a light colored cloud will rise off of it. A hit that just misses won't change the pan color and results in a darker, brown cloud. If you see that, you can adjust the height of your throw with the power bar, much like throwing pies, and also try backing up just a little. Look for a chance to throw when no one else is doing so to check if it is yours or someone else's missing.

I hope to see you at one of the runs soon.
Old 10-30-2019, 12:10 PM
Let's riot!
toontowndude's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Cool
toontowndude is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mousetoontowndude is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mousetoontowndude is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mousetoontowndude is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mousetoontowndude is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mousetoontowndude is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mousetoontowndude is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mousetoontowndude is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mousetoontowndude is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mousetoontowndude is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mousetoontowndude is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mouse
If you're throwing evidence at the pan, be sure to watch out for gavels; a good spot to throw from is by the witness stand, it is slightly harder to get the evidence into the pan compared to if you were to stand close by the scale but it is away from the gavels and you can easily see the line of cogs which makes it easier for you to dodge the evidence.

I look forward to seeing you at a future run!

King Droopy Electrohoffer - Squeaky Clean - Anita Mouse
Miss Bubbles Fizzlespinner - Zero Evil - Prince Scooter - Fluffy Fifi Furball
Bunny The Robot Slayer - Auroara Bearealis - Angel Delight

My Profile | PM Me | CCG
Old 11-03-2019, 05:40 AM
Sorry, I'm busy fishing!
Weeb's Main Toon Info

Weeb is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookWeeb is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookWeeb is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookWeeb is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookWeeb is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookWeeb is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookWeeb is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookWeeb is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookWeeb is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbook
You did great on your first CJ tonight Weird Curly! It was fun running with you!
Old 11-03-2019, 10:26 AM
Open and Test
varmint's Main Toon Info

varmint is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookvarmint is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookvarmint is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookvarmint is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookvarmint is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookvarmint is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookvarmint is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookvarmint is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookvarmint is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbook
Cannons - practice your shots until about the 45 sec mark and hold until about the 24 sec mark. Toons will freak out if you keep shooting.....

Don't do Law. The reward makes other toons go sad. It is a poor reward and a not needed one. Ingore Law and Save Toons!

The 'throwing' can make your hands/fingers hurt. Just not worth it.
Old 11-03-2019, 09:12 PM
Currently having issues
Weird Curly Megaquack's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Pwness
Weird Curly Megaquack will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeWeird Curly Megaquack will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeWeird Curly Megaquack will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeWeird Curly Megaquack will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeWeird Curly Megaquack will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeWeird Curly Megaquack will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeWeird Curly Megaquack will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeWeird Curly Megaquack will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeWeird Curly Megaquack will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeWeird Curly Megaquack will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeWeird Curly Megaquack will one day be as helpful as Samwise Gamgee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeb View Post
You did great on your first CJ tonight Weird Curly! It was fun running with you!
Thanks, Weeb! I had a great time. I was pretty nervous going in, but I was made to feel very welcome, and that helped. The cannon round, I think I hit everything except a seat. . . but when the rest of you seated 12 anyway, I remember thinking I would have to make an effort to lose.

Although I did spend the first minute or two of the evidence round running around screaming, "WHERE IS THE WITNESS STAND?" My Toon is so directionally challenged. Still getting used to timing the CJ's jumps, too. But I only got gavel-smashed once, and by the end of the round I managed to jump most of the Cogs' evidence. For a while, I was afraid that I wasn't hitting the pan, because those puffs looked pretty brown to me. But then I noticed that everyone else's puffs were the same color, so I realized that either I was hitting the scale or all the other Toons with more experience weren't. Figured it was the first.

It was a lot more fun that I remembered the battle being, though. I'm actually excited to do another now.
Old 11-03-2019, 09:59 PM
some CCG mod that loves kirby
Gigi's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Author
Gigi has the heart of a hobbit!Gigi has the heart of a hobbit!Gigi has the heart of a hobbit!Gigi has the heart of a hobbit!Gigi has the heart of a hobbit!Gigi has the heart of a hobbit!Gigi has the heart of a hobbit!Gigi has the heart of a hobbit!Gigi has the heart of a hobbit!Gigi has the heart of a hobbit!Gigi has the heart of a hobbit!
Glad to hear that your first CJ went pretty well! I'm sure all your future CJs will go smoothly as well. ^^
Old 11-04-2019, 02:46 AM
Soundless is growl
Lori's Main Toon Info

My Mood: ToonEnough
Lori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Holly_ View Post
When they throw white evidence, it goes into the cog side of the pan, but the darker evidence will trip up your toon and do -5.
Whaaaat? I somehow did not know this!!

---

I am happy to hear you had a good run, Weird Curly Megaquack! CJ is my favorite boss because of how the difficulty depends so much on the average suit level. Just when you think you have it figured out, there's suddenly more hammers and more cogs throwing evidence
Old 11-04-2019, 09:21 AM
Temp hiatus from TTR - be back soon
Sadie and Melody's Main Toon Info

My Mood: ToonEnough
Sadie and Melody has the heart of a hobbit!Sadie and Melody has the heart of a hobbit!Sadie and Melody has the heart of a hobbit!Sadie and Melody has the heart of a hobbit!Sadie and Melody has the heart of a hobbit!Sadie and Melody has the heart of a hobbit!Sadie and Melody has the heart of a hobbit!Sadie and Melody has the heart of a hobbit!Sadie and Melody has the heart of a hobbit!Sadie and Melody has the heart of a hobbit!Sadie and Melody has the heart of a hobbit!
Lori, I didn’t know about the pan thing QPG mentioned until QPG told me months ago!

Congrats on the first win!