Go Back   MMO Central Forums > Toontown Rewritten > Squish the Bugs

Notices

Squish the Bugs No trapping them in a glass and setting them free outside. These bugs need stomped!

Old Invasion API is being cached?

Login or Register now to see fewer ads.

Old 05-08-2020, 06:55 AM
Airhead
Rainbow Gigglemuffin's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Lazy
Rainbow Gigglemuffin has the heart of a hobbit!Rainbow Gigglemuffin has the heart of a hobbit!Rainbow Gigglemuffin has the heart of a hobbit!Rainbow Gigglemuffin has the heart of a hobbit!Rainbow Gigglemuffin has the heart of a hobbit!Rainbow Gigglemuffin has the heart of a hobbit!Rainbow Gigglemuffin has the heart of a hobbit!Rainbow Gigglemuffin has the heart of a hobbit!Rainbow Gigglemuffin has the heart of a hobbit!Rainbow Gigglemuffin has the heart of a hobbit!Rainbow Gigglemuffin has the heart of a hobbit!
Invasion API is being cached?

I noticed a couple days ago that my local invasion tracker wasn't updating the data for quite a long time. After some checking of the data source and looking at the headers in Firefox, it looks like Cloudflare is caching the result. This occurs even if I use CTRL+F5 in the browser (which sets headers to tell the server to not give a cached result).

This doesn't occur with the other APIs, so I'm not quite certain what's going on here. Other online invasion trackers seem to work just fine (I just checked ToonHQ), so I'm a little puzzled at why I'm seeing this behavior.
Old 05-08-2020, 10:57 PM
Cold Caller's Guild!
Prof. Lionel's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Duckish
Prof. Lionel will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeProf. Lionel will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeProf. Lionel will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeProf. Lionel will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeProf. Lionel will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeProf. Lionel will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeProf. Lionel will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeProf. Lionel will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeProf. Lionel will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeProf. Lionel will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeProf. Lionel will one day be as helpful as Samwise Gamgee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Gigglemuffin View Post
I noticed a couple days ago that my local invasion tracker wasn't updating the data for quite a long time. After some checking of the data source and looking at the headers in Firefox, it looks like Cloudflare is caching the result. This occurs even if I use CTRL+F5 in the browser (which sets headers to tell the server to not give a cached result).

This doesn't occur with the other APIs, so I'm not quite certain what's going on here. Other online invasion trackers seem to work just fine (I just checked ToonHQ), so I'm a little puzzled at why I'm seeing this behavior.
Have you reached out to Toon HQ to see if they encountered this but have just worked around it?

Otherwise, I'd almost wonder if it's something about your network connection in particular given how narrow the scope is and that Toon HQ isn't affected. I don't really feel like this would make sense as the answer but you've tried all the obvious things already. I haven't messed with the TTR APIs before but if you wanted to share the API call you use and the details of what you get back that indicates it was cached by Cloudflare, I could try to replicate it from my computer.
Old 05-09-2020, 02:56 AM
Airhead
Rainbow Gigglemuffin's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Lazy
Rainbow Gigglemuffin has the heart of a hobbit!Rainbow Gigglemuffin has the heart of a hobbit!Rainbow Gigglemuffin has the heart of a hobbit!Rainbow Gigglemuffin has the heart of a hobbit!Rainbow Gigglemuffin has the heart of a hobbit!Rainbow Gigglemuffin has the heart of a hobbit!Rainbow Gigglemuffin has the heart of a hobbit!Rainbow Gigglemuffin has the heart of a hobbit!Rainbow Gigglemuffin has the heart of a hobbit!Rainbow Gigglemuffin has the heart of a hobbit!Rainbow Gigglemuffin has the heart of a hobbit!
I emailed support about that, and they'd mentioned that a cache had been put on the invasion tracker because it was hitting the server pretty hard. Not sure how the other trackers are working (there's one more I look at, but I don't know if it's OK to mention here). The downside to the others is that they are in large applications, whereas I wrote my tracker to be compact, and have an always on top toggle.
Old 05-09-2020, 03:51 AM
Cold Caller's Guild!
Prof. Lionel's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Duckish
Prof. Lionel will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeProf. Lionel will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeProf. Lionel will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeProf. Lionel will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeProf. Lionel will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeProf. Lionel will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeProf. Lionel will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeProf. Lionel will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeProf. Lionel will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeProf. Lionel will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeProf. Lionel will one day be as helpful as Samwise Gamgee
Interesting. How often are you trying to call the API / how long are the results cached for?