• MMO Central Home
  • MMO Central Forums
  • MMO Central Gallery
  • User Control Panel
  • Register!
  • Lose Your Marbles? Click Here!

Go Back   MMO Central Forums > Toontown Rewritten > That Extra Laff

Notices

That Extra Laff Racing, Fishing, or Gardening, you just gotta do it.

Old Golfing Grind...Any Tips?

Login or Register now to see fewer ads.

Old 05-01-2020, 12:08 AM
And you? You first.

My Mood: Toony
Minty Man is a player of legend in their game.Minty Man is a player of legend in their game.Minty Man is a player of legend in their game.Minty Man is a player of legend in their game.Minty Man is a player of legend in their game.Minty Man is a player of legend in their game.Minty Man is a player of legend in their game.Minty Man is a player of legend in their game.Minty Man is a player of legend in their game.Minty Man is a player of legend in their game.Minty Man is a player of legend in their game.
Golfing Grind...Any Tips?

I just started the golfing grind on TTR and I'm really struggling to wrap my mind around the quantity of golfing I'll be doing every day for the next few weeks! Does anyone have any tips on making this time go faster? I already multi-toon courses when I can't find another player, but I'd appreciate anything you can think of! Thanks so much!
Old 05-01-2020, 12:35 AM
If it's your b-day, happy b-day!

My Mood: Happy
Just A Dream has the heart of a hobbit!Just A Dream has the heart of a hobbit!Just A Dream has the heart of a hobbit!Just A Dream has the heart of a hobbit!Just A Dream has the heart of a hobbit!Just A Dream has the heart of a hobbit!Just A Dream has the heart of a hobbit!Just A Dream has the heart of a hobbit!Just A Dream has the heart of a hobbit!Just A Dream has the heart of a hobbit!Just A Dream has the heart of a hobbit!
Quote:
I already multi-toon courses when I can't find another player, but I'd appreciate anything you can think of! Thanks so much!
I suggest grinding for holes in ones, eagles, birdies, and pars when you're playing Walk in the Par. When it comes to Hole Some Fun and Kit and Caboodle, complete one out of the six/nine courses on the toon you want to win. For the losing toon, make sure they get 0% strokes. This will help you guarantee which toon you want to win. After that, get 0% strokes for everything else (you'll get a +3). When you get a 0% stroke, the ball moves nowhere and your turn ends in a second. If there is anything unclear about what I am saying, feel free to reply back, and I'll try to respond the best I can.
Old 05-05-2020, 09:20 PM
Cold Caller's Guild!

My Mood: Duckish
Prof. Lionel has the heart of a hobbit!Prof. Lionel has the heart of a hobbit!Prof. Lionel has the heart of a hobbit!Prof. Lionel has the heart of a hobbit!Prof. Lionel has the heart of a hobbit!Prof. Lionel has the heart of a hobbit!Prof. Lionel has the heart of a hobbit!Prof. Lionel has the heart of a hobbit!Prof. Lionel has the heart of a hobbit!Prof. Lionel has the heart of a hobbit!Prof. Lionel has the heart of a hobbit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Dream View Post
I suggest grinding for holes in ones, eagles, birdies, and pars when you're playing Walk in the Par. When it comes to Hole Some Fun and Kit and Caboodle, complete one out of the six/nine courses on the toon you want to win. For the losing toon, make sure they get 0% strokes. This will help you guarantee which toon you want to win. After that, get 0% strokes for everything else (you'll get a +3). When you get a 0% stroke, the ball moves nowhere and your turn ends in a second. If there is anything unclear about what I am saying, feel free to reply back, and I'll try to respond the best I can.
Is there any easy/quick way to do a 0% stroke? That would definitely make it more bearable to multi-toon some courses.
Old 05-05-2020, 10:11 PM
Soundless is growl

My Mood: ToonEnough
Lori is a player of legend in their game.Lori is a player of legend in their game.Lori is a player of legend in their game.Lori is a player of legend in their game.Lori is a player of legend in their game.Lori is a player of legend in their game.Lori is a player of legend in their game.Lori is a player of legend in their game.Lori is a player of legend in their game.Lori is a player of legend in their game.Lori is a player of legend in their game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Lionel View Post
Is there any easy/quick way to do a 0% stroke? That would definitely make it more bearable to multi-toon some courses.
I just barelyyyyy tap on the ctrl key. Like, I don't even press it down all the way it's such a small tap.
Old 05-06-2020, 12:18 AM
And you? You first.

Minty Man is a player of legend in their game.Minty Man is a player of legend in their game.Minty Man is a player of legend in their game.Minty Man is a player of legend in their game.Minty Man is a player of legend in their game.Minty Man is a player of legend in their game.Minty Man is a player of legend in their game.Minty Man is a player of legend in their game.Minty Man is a player of legend in their game.Minty Man is a player of legend in their game.Minty Man is a player of legend in their game.
Thank you so much for this advice, everyone! I ended up creating an alternate toon (who I'm absolutely excited to get going through the world of Toontown once Minty's maxed!) and using these tips--already done with the 100 Hole Kit and Caboodles and 26 trophies in all!
Old 05-14-2020, 01:57 AM
On a mission to max laff!

My Mood: Goofyy
Prof. Pickles McPretzel is a player of legend in their game.Prof. Pickles McPretzel is a player of legend in their game.Prof. Pickles McPretzel is a player of legend in their game.Prof. Pickles McPretzel is a player of legend in their game.Prof. Pickles McPretzel is a player of legend in their game.Prof. Pickles McPretzel is a player of legend in their game.Prof. Pickles McPretzel is a player of legend in their game.Prof. Pickles McPretzel is a player of legend in their game.Prof. Pickles McPretzel is a player of legend in their game.Prof. Pickles McPretzel is a player of legend in their game.Prof. Pickles McPretzel is a player of legend in their game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minty Man View Post
Thank you so much for this advice, everyone! I ended up creating an alternate toon (who I'm absolutely excited to get going through the world of Toontown once Minty's maxed!) and using these tips--already done with the 100 Hole Kit and Caboodles and 26 trophies in all!
Congratulations! I plan on undertaking this on my main toon soon. Out of curiosity, how much time did it take you to get that far in your golfing journey?
Old 05-14-2020, 09:56 PM
And you? You first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Pickles McPretzel View Post
Congratulations! I plan on undertaking this on my main toon soon. Out of curiosity, how much time did it take you to get that far in your golfing journey?
Thanks so much!

Well, given that we're still under stay-at-home where I live and the average 2-toon run of a Hole Kit and Caboodle takes about 15 minutes, I got through 100 in a little under a week. I sometimes went crazy and did 25 in a day while watching Netflix and other times I slowed down to just 5-10 a workday. It all depends on your ability to power through them!