• MMO Central Home
  • MMO Central Forums
  • MMO Central Gallery
  • User Control Panel
  • Register!
  • Lose Your Marbles? Click Here!

Go Back   MMO Central Forums > Site Content > Polls & Surveys

Notices

Polls & Surveys Game-Related Polls for the front page. New threads are moderated in this forum.

Old Favorite Cog Boss

Login or Register now to see fewer ads.

Old 05-04-2020, 04:42 PM
Things are getting silly!

My Mood: Boo!
Miss Halloween is a true gamer.Miss Halloween is a true gamer.Miss Halloween is a true gamer.Miss Halloween is a true gamer.Miss Halloween is a true gamer.Miss Halloween is a true gamer.Miss Halloween is a true gamer.
Question Favorite Cog Boss

What of the 4 bosses is your favorite? Do you like the battle style of one more or does one seem cooler or do you like the rewards from one more than any other?

V.P.

C.F.O.

C.J.

C.E.O.
Old 05-05-2020, 05:46 PM
I ♥ the CCG!

My Mood: CCG_ish
April C is a player of legend in their game.April C is a player of legend in their game.April C is a player of legend in their game.April C is a player of legend in their game.April C is a player of legend in their game.April C is a player of legend in their game.April C is a player of legend in their game.April C is a player of legend in their game.April C is a player of legend in their game.April C is a player of legend in their game.April C is a player of legend in their game.
I like that they all are different so it's not the same thing but a different cog type. I would say my favorite is probably the CFO, as I think it's more skill based (as far as craning goes). I do like the VP a lot, because I like playing with smaller toons and helping them get those wins. The CJ is third for me -- I'm learning how to be good with the cannons again after not playing for 7 years and I always like stunning the cogs. The CEO is kind of an experience in itself, since it takes so long...but that can be fun since it kind of feels like an "adventure" at times.

As far as rewards go, I definitely find myself using unites the most but SOS cards do show up from time to time. I just wish there was a way to specify what the SOS card was so people would know ahead of time without having to type it out. I'm enjoying refilling my book again for the CJ, and fires are fun but unless there's a bunch of bigger cogs I don't tend to find myself using them as much.
Old 05-12-2020, 01:39 PM
Tooning around

My Mood: Roflol
alc127 is famous at conventions.alc127 is famous at conventions.alc127 is famous at conventions.alc127 is famous at conventions.alc127 is famous at conventions.alc127 is famous at conventions.
CEO - Favorite fight - still faster than a back 9 - from feeding cogs, golfing, tables it is well thought out like a mini-quest. The cog battles draw it out but good teamwork makes it easy. Micromanager is best looking cog suit in the game

CFO - next favorite fight - craning is fun - best rewards they are instant use and not turn based.

VP - still a fun fight - who doesn't like throwing pies? - best part of fight is challenge it can possess is helping toons that are lower laff and non-maxed gags to dance.

CJ - boring fight - cog round is useless only an intentional greener can cause harm in this fight - these could use a 2.0 upgrade on cogs. The least used of rewards (for me anyway) - only defeated boss to not have something bad happen to.

Just my opinion - I know I am in minority for liking the CEO so much.
Old 05-12-2020, 04:54 PM
Toontown addict

My Mood: Gnarly
Master Chipper has the heart of a hobbit!Master Chipper has the heart of a hobbit!Master Chipper has the heart of a hobbit!Master Chipper has the heart of a hobbit!Master Chipper has the heart of a hobbit!Master Chipper has the heart of a hobbit!Master Chipper has the heart of a hobbit!Master Chipper has the heart of a hobbit!Master Chipper has the heart of a hobbit!Master Chipper has the heart of a hobbit!Master Chipper has the heart of a hobbit!
From favorite to least favorite, the CFO, VP, CEO., and CJ.

Both the rounds in the C.F.O. are fun and it gives great rewards. The VP is also fun, but it can sometimes be tedious in the second round. The CEO's second round is tense and somewhat fun, but the Cog rounds are too long and boring. Both rounds of the CJ are boring, especially the second.
Old 05-12-2020, 05:44 PM
Registered Rabbit

_Holly_ is a player of legend in their game._Holly_ is a player of legend in their game._Holly_ is a player of legend in their game._Holly_ is a player of legend in their game._Holly_ is a player of legend in their game._Holly_ is a player of legend in their game._Holly_ is a player of legend in their game._Holly_ is a player of legend in their game._Holly_ is a player of legend in their game._Holly_ is a player of legend in their game._Holly_ is a player of legend in their game.
For me VP and CEO are tied for first. I can't pick one because they're so different. VP is great for when I want a quick run where I get to help lower level toons. CEO is great for when I want a long run with higher level toons. I like the mechanics of the non-cog rounds a lot. The pie round is simple but fun, and the serving and seltzer rounds are challenging and give everyone a chance to contribute.

CFO comes in second. I like the diverse cog levels in the cog round since you can use interesting combos of gags, and the crane round has potential, but ultimately toons this level can be frustrating to play with (they are rude to soundless toons, etc.), and the crane round is so dang glitchy it can get really annoying. It is also the easiest round for people to troll by putting a safe on the CFO's head and hoarding all the safes. In the crane round if you're stomping, you may feel like you're just standing there not doing anything most of the time.

CJ will always be my least favorite. The cog and toon levels in the cog round basically mean the only thing that makes sense is to sound, which is super boring. If you're soundless you don't even have anything to do. The cannon round is probably the best part. Evidence again is boring and tedious, and since people will only stun with one or two toons, I sometimes have to suffer through stunless runs, which are awful. CJ is the only boss where I've been on runs where everyone else went sad, so I had to leave.
Old 05-14-2020, 09:15 AM
It's Only a Paper Moon

My Mood: Author
SamanthaC found a Crystal of Light!SamanthaC found a Crystal of Light!SamanthaC found a Crystal of Light!SamanthaC found a Crystal of Light!
I'm not sure actually... I think VP is probably my favorite! It's not demanding or anything, which means people are more open to talking generally, and stunning is always fun. After that would probably be the CFO, then the CEO and CJ.
Old 05-14-2020, 02:20 PM
On a mission to max laff!

My Mood: Goofyy
Prof. Pickles McPretzel is a player of legend in their game.Prof. Pickles McPretzel is a player of legend in their game.Prof. Pickles McPretzel is a player of legend in their game.Prof. Pickles McPretzel is a player of legend in their game.Prof. Pickles McPretzel is a player of legend in their game.Prof. Pickles McPretzel is a player of legend in their game.Prof. Pickles McPretzel is a player of legend in their game.Prof. Pickles McPretzel is a player of legend in their game.Prof. Pickles McPretzel is a player of legend in their game.Prof. Pickles McPretzel is a player of legend in their game.Prof. Pickles McPretzel is a player of legend in their game.
Full disclosure, I haven't done a CJ or CEO in close to a decade, but I've done a few VPs and CFOs lately.

I really enjoy how quick a VP can be. Even if you enter with a group where a few toons don't have their fog horn, sometimes the cog rounds are so short and the stunners are so good that you're in and out before it even started.

The CFO has always been my favorite. I love craning and the cog round is nothing too overwhelming. I'd say it's a happy medium.

From what I remember, I love the aesthetics of LBHQ but the minigame focus (more-so in the DA offices, but the cannon round too, really) and the boss battle itself can become a little bit tedious after a while. It's very refreshing coming from SBHQ and CBHQ, though. CEOs, meanwhile, are definitely the "hard mode" of Toontown boss battles. I love the progression of them, though, and when you have a good group, they're a blast :-)
Old 02-27-2021, 01:48 PM
I ban myself on purpose

benjamin91609 was one of the first to find ^^vv<><>BA
VP, cause it was fun

VP, cause it was fun
Old 02-28-2021, 09:39 AM
is on a mission

My Mood: Stitch-ish
Footballtoon will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeFootballtoon will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeFootballtoon will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeFootballtoon will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeFootballtoon will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeFootballtoon will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeFootballtoon will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeFootballtoon will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeFootballtoon will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeFootballtoon will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeFootballtoon will one day be as helpful as Samwise Gamgee
VP was fun because I found it easy to beat, but I particularly liked CFO because I felt it had the best teamwork dynamic, as well as being an entertaining boss fight. I am still regularly amazed how some of those CCG runs will finish the boss fight so rapidly!