Go Back   MMO Central Forums > Toontown Rewritten > Squish the Bugs

Notices

Squish the Bugs No trapping them in a glass and setting them free outside. These bugs need stomped!

Old SpeedChat Issue - Can't Select Certain Choices

Login or Register now to see fewer ads.

Old 07-04-2020, 03:41 PM
CCG welcomes everyone mmocentralforums.com/ccg
Toontownist's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Cheerful
Toontownist will soon be Dungeon Master!
SpeedChat Issue - Can't Select Certain Choices

Hello,

This is my first post. :) But I've been wanting to report this issue; and I just joined mmocentralforums, and so I will start with that:

I can't seem to get the "mouse cursor" to select certain SpeedChat "menus" of phrases.

Specifically, some of the sub-sub-menus of phrases under the Battle main-menu choice.

There is Battle - Taunts: Works fine

Battle - Strategy: Sub-menus here are the problem:

Battle - Strategy - Gags: Works fine

Battle - Strategy - I'm Going To: Can't RELIABLY select or open this menu. But if I move the mouse cursor in a "just EXACTLY right" path, I can get it to open. Not reliably enough to actually use in a battle though.

Battle - Strategy - I Don't Have: Can't select or open this menu.

Battle - Strategy - You Should Use: Can't select or open this menu.

I have a "4K" monitor, and usually play with a "maximized" "Windowed" window, and sometimes with the window at various smaller sizes, down to about 1/4 of my screen (depending if I am also browsing the web, etc.). No matter the window size, I have the trouble with those menus.

(I don't play "Full Screen" or "Borderless" at all - but I tried them to see if it made a difference - it doesn't. But then, at FullScreen, the mouse cursor seems to be "offset" from where it looks like it is, and is nearly unusable and is very difficult to get back into "Windowed" - so I avoid that!)

I hope that is enough information to describe the issue. If a video would help, I'll figure out what or how to record my "gameplay" and make one to illustrate the issue - but offhand, I don't have the knowledge to do that.

Thanks!
Old 07-04-2020, 07:08 PM
If it's your b-day, happy b-day!
Just A Dream's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Happy
Just A Dream has the heart of a hobbit!Just A Dream has the heart of a hobbit!Just A Dream has the heart of a hobbit!Just A Dream has the heart of a hobbit!Just A Dream has the heart of a hobbit!Just A Dream has the heart of a hobbit!Just A Dream has the heart of a hobbit!Just A Dream has the heart of a hobbit!Just A Dream has the heart of a hobbit!Just A Dream has the heart of a hobbit!Just A Dream has the heart of a hobbit!
I've made a post on getting around this issue a couple months ago.
Old 07-04-2020, 08:26 PM
Cogbuster and Wizard
Queen Petunia Gigglenugget's Main Toon Info

My Mood: w00t
Queen Petunia Gigglenugget is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseQueen Petunia Gigglenugget is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseQueen Petunia Gigglenugget is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseQueen Petunia Gigglenugget is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseQueen Petunia Gigglenugget is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseQueen Petunia Gigglenugget is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseQueen Petunia Gigglenugget is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseQueen Petunia Gigglenugget is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseQueen Petunia Gigglenugget is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseQueen Petunia Gigglenugget is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseQueen Petunia Gigglenugget is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mouse
That post by Just A Dream that he linked was the only thing that helped me get to those phrases. The problem for me is, even though I know how to do it, I can't do it fast enough in battle to use it. I do hope there is a fix coming in the future.
Old 07-04-2020, 09:19 PM
CCG welcomes everyone mmocentralforums.com/ccg
Toontownist's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Cheerful
Toontownist will soon be Dungeon Master!
Icon14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Dream View Post
I've made a post on getting around this issue a couple months ago.
Thank you for the reply and for that helpful video.

Your video is one of the few for which playing slow at .25 X Speed is useful!

I will check out that technique next time I am in game (which may be later today).

So.. it's a bug that's been around awhile. Hope they get it fixed some time...

A quick follow-up reply:

I tried your technique and it worked wonderfully!

Via that, I was able to open each of those menus.

I'm not sure I'll be dexterous-enough during a battle to pull it off, but at least now I know what to do and how to do it.

Thanks!

Last edited by Lori; 07-05-2020 at 08:26 PM.. Reason: Merged double posts