Go Back   MMO Central Forums > Creative Muse > Games

Notices

Games Have a game you've made and want to share? Share it here! Not a forum for recruitment or starter for projects. This forum is moderated.

Old Untitled Project / TownToon

Login or Register now to see fewer ads.

Old 06-16-2014, 09:08 AM
Avid TTR Player
Zix's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Sleepy
Zix helps all the newbs!Zix helps all the newbs!Zix helps all the newbs!
TownToon

Hiya there! As of recently, I have started very early development on a project titled "TownToon".

If it does develop like I want it to, then it should end up being a modified 2-dimensional version of ToonTown. Here is some concept art of the game:
<coming soon.. need to scan & upload and stuff>

For now, I will be releasing development videos of it, and a changelog. I will probably eventually ask for alpha testers if it gets far enough, but for now there will be no public or private releases of TownToon.

The game is being developed in Game Maker 8.0 Pro, on Windows. It will possibly and hopefully be multiplayer in the future, as I have a bit of knowledge on how to do that and will hopefully be able to read up more on doing it in GM8.

Development Videos:
Spoiler for Development Videos:
Episode #1:

Episode #2:

Changelog:
Spoiler for Pre-Alpha 0.1:
Features
  • Player (use left & right arrow keys to move, up arrow key to jump. has gravity) (ft. epi#1)
  • Block (ft. epi#1)
  • Jellybean (ft. epi#1)

Spoiler for Pre-Alpha 0.2:
Modifications
  • Made the level longer, and now it contains the player. Also spammed Jellybeans all over it :D (ft. epi#2)
  • Added Background (ft. epi#2)
  • Added 640px*480px view in the level, now that it's longer. The view follows the player. (ft. epi#2)
Features
  • Added Cold Caller! It currently does not have gravity. It simply moves at a slow rate, in the direction of left/right (whichever it is facing). And it turns around when it hits a wall. (ft. epi#2)

My goal for now is to add at least one 'feature' in each version.

Last edited by Zix; 06-20-2014 at 05:17 AM.. Reason: added logo, cleaned up thread
Old 06-18-2014, 06:49 AM
Food Is Good
Tarazanos's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Excited
Tarazanos will soon be Dungeon Master!
Cheers, ducky!

Game ideas like that came to me when I was 10! I'd really like to help.
I can code in GML, which is required for top-quality Game Maker games. Just send me the sprites and I'll do everything you'd like to.
Since I'm very bad at drawing game sprites, you send them to me (send me the pictures in a pm or something) and I'll do the hard work for you.
You can still claim it's a duo work!
Old 06-18-2014, 10:47 PM
Avid TTR Player
Zix's Main Toon Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarazanos View Post
Cheers, ducky!

Game ideas like that came to me when I was 10! I'd really like to help.
I can code in GML, which is required for top-quality Game Maker games. Just send me the sprites and I'll do everything you'd like to.
Since I'm very bad at drawing game sprites, you send them to me (send me the pictures in a pm or something) and I'll do the hard work for you.
You can still claim it's a duo work!
Thanks! But I would like to do some of the hard work :P I think what would be a good idea is if we sent each other the .gmk file back and forth and we both made modifications to it. :P One problem, though, is that I would like to have all of the game development caught on video, and I'm not sure you would want to record anything.. also, you need Game Maker 8.0 Pro for this.
Old 06-19-2014, 10:59 AM
Food Is Good
Tarazanos's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Excited
Tarazanos will soon be Dungeon Master!
Don't worry, I've been working on GM since version 6 and I currently own Game Maker 8.0 Pro Edition. I've made hundreds (litterally) of games within the few years until I finally dumped point-and-click game making due to it being too easy and started learning C++ and Python.
It won't take me more than a few minutes to complete the game, and I'd be delighted to record as much progress as I can. It's a kids' game, believe me!
Old 06-19-2014, 10:10 PM
Avid TTR Player
Zix's Main Toon Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarazanos View Post
Don't worry, I've been working on GM since version 6 and I currently own Game Maker 8.0 Pro Edition. I've made hundreds (litterally) of games within the few years until I finally dumped point-and-click game making due to it being too easy and started learning C++ and Python.
It won't take me more than a few minutes to complete the game, and I'd be delighted to record as much progress as I can. It's a kids' game, believe me!
Have you ever considered working on a 3D project? Or maybe you have..

EDIT: I sent you a PM.

Last edited by Zix; 06-20-2014 at 12:04 AM..