Go Back   MMO Central Forums > Site Content > News Articles > MCF Competitions & Contests

Notices

MCF Competitions & Contests Competitions and Contests run by MMOCentralForums. - This forum is moderated

Old Thankful for... Contest 2019

Login or Register now to see fewer ads.

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2019, 01:48 AM
some CCG mod that loves kirby
Gigi's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Author
Gigi will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeGigi will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeGigi will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeGigi will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeGigi will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeGigi will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeGigi will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeGigi will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeGigi will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeGigi will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeGigi will one day be as helpful as Samwise Gamgee
Thankful for... Contest 2019

It's harvest time!

This is the time of the year when many reflect back on their lives and what they have.

Take a few moments to recognize what you are thankful for and share that here with us.

Tell us the top 5 things you appreciate the most

and you will be rewarded with this award

Post your entry in this thread by Saturday, November 30th 2019.

🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂

Count your blessings instead of your problems;
Count your gains instead of your losses.
Count your joys instead of your woes;
Count your friends instead of your foes.
Count your smiles instead of your tears;
Count your courage instead of your fears.
Count your full years instead of your lean;
Count your kind deeds instead of your mean.
Count your health instead of your wealth!
Old 11-05-2019, 09:44 AM
Hmmm...
Alyce Natalie's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Cog-Like
Alyce Natalie is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookAlyce Natalie is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookAlyce Natalie is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookAlyce Natalie is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookAlyce Natalie is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookAlyce Natalie is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookAlyce Natalie is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookAlyce Natalie is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbook
I'm thankful for
- motivation to do more artworks
- motivation to study more
- health
- time to do many things
- finally able to write these things again. :)
Old 11-07-2019, 05:22 AM
Taking the Scenic Route
DougalDragon's Main Toon Info

DougalDragon has disabled reputation
I am thankful for it all long it not bad stuff TBH.
Old 11-08-2019, 03:30 AM
Just A Dream
Just A Dream's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Happy
Just A Dream is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookJust A Dream is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookJust A Dream is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookJust A Dream is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookJust A Dream is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookJust A Dream is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookJust A Dream is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookJust A Dream is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookJust A Dream is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbook
I am thankful for:

1. My parents. They gave me a great childhood, financial support, and love.

2. My friends. Having common interests and doing things together is awesome!

3. Health. Eating healthy food and exercising is a lot of fun.

4. Music. Did you know Billy Joel didn't start the fire? Bonnie Tyler needs a hero. Also, a flock of seagulls somehow ran so far away.

5. Being able to help others. It is nice building stronger social connections to any community.

Thanks for creating this thread.
Old 11-08-2019, 06:12 AM
the greatest medicine is faith🤘🏽
Funkykong65's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Frosty
Funkykong65 is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookFunkykong65 is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookFunkykong65 is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookFunkykong65 is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookFunkykong65 is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookFunkykong65 is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookFunkykong65 is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookFunkykong65 is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookFunkykong65 is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookFunkykong65 is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbook
Friends— I'm thankful for the experiences they've told me.

Motivation— I'm grateful for being able to get things done quickly.

Support— what I am able to accomplish with it.

Family— all the moments and times I have had with them is something for me to cherish.

Health— exercising and taking care of myself.
Old 11-12-2019, 04:03 PM
Here, There, Everywhere!
Featherzapper's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Happy
Featherzapper will soon be Dungeon Master!Featherzapper will soon be Dungeon Master!
I am thankful for:
  • MMO still being around
  • TTR taking over where Disney left off
  • every person I have encountered in life
See Duck Shun ~ 6 to go!
Old 11-16-2019, 06:41 PM
I'm just very very tired
Laverne's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Snuggly
Laverne is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLaverne is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLaverne is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLaverne is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLaverne is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLaverne is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLaverne is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLaverne is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLaverne is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLaverne is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLaverne is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mouse
1) Family 'cos they put up with me every waking day of their lives
2) Lori, because she's cool and stuff
3) Cheese and fuzzy socks, for existing
4) That one bus driver we sometimes have
5) Wahoo, because she's a VERY. GOOD. GIRL.
Old 11-18-2019, 04:20 AM
Thank you.
Wonder101's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Boo!
Wonder101 has the heart of a hobbit!Wonder101 has the heart of a hobbit!Wonder101 has the heart of a hobbit!Wonder101 has the heart of a hobbit!Wonder101 has the heart of a hobbit!Wonder101 has the heart of a hobbit!Wonder101 has the heart of a hobbit!Wonder101 has the heart of a hobbit!Wonder101 has the heart of a hobbit!Wonder101 has the heart of a hobbit!Wonder101 has the heart of a hobbit!
I actually went back and read some of my previous answers to this contest to see how my life has changed (spoiler, it hasn't really). I was shocked to see how many replies the old contests got a few years ago. It makes you kind of wish you could rewind the clock in some ways, huh? It was also interesting reading people's replies who I didn't even know back then but are good friends now. I am thankful to this site and the memories I made on it.

The top 5 things I appreciate the most:

Opportunities: A repeat from previous years, but I feel this year I have to be especially thankful. For the first time in years, I have started to look forward to my future and the uncertainty it brings. I feel like I'm starting to live again.

Honest people: The older I get, the more I realize what a gift they are. It doesn't take any effort to lie, hide yourself, boost yourself up, or tear someone down. For someone to be tell the truth and be vulnerable, that takes true courage. They have my upmost respect and loyalty. If you truly respect a person, be honest with them.

People in my life: I don't think I can say friends or family because some of the people I'm thinking of don't fit into either category. I was thinking awhile ago about my past, and I realized how many people have been by my side over the years. It's a weird feeling, since I often feel as if I am more of the lone wolf type, but it's also motivating. Although many probably have forgotten me, I will work hard and show the positive impact they've had on me.

My father: They say the angriest people care the most, and there isn't a better example of that than my father. He is so dishonest with his emotions to the point where he is extremely honest about them (try figuring that one out!). He wasn't in my life a lot when I was younger, and when he was the memories weren't very fond, but that's changed recently. He's a good listener, and the type who will speed down the highway in a hurricane if one of us is hurt.

My weaknesses: Make your limits your strengths, or at least find a different perspective from them.

Happy *early* Thanksgiving everyone! Let's make this one the best one yet!
Old 11-18-2019, 11:52 PM
Let's riot!
toontowndude's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Cool
toontowndude is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mousetoontowndude is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mousetoontowndude is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mousetoontowndude is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mousetoontowndude is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mousetoontowndude is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mousetoontowndude is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mousetoontowndude is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mousetoontowndude is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mousetoontowndude is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mousetoontowndude is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mouse
I am thankful for:

1. My friends and family, for somehow putting up with me.

2. Toontown, because even though I still get a fair bit of flak for playing a kids game, it has helped shape my life and I wouldn't be half the person I am today without it; that segues nicely into...

3. The TTR team, for allowing me to hang onto my childhood for a little while longer.

4. The CCG, for making sure that nobody gets left behind and teaching me to always look out for the less stronger people in life.

5. Being able to travel the world and see many wonderful places.

King Droopy Electrohoffer - Squeaky Clean - Anita Mouse
Miss Bubbles Fizzlespinner - Zero Evil - Prince Scooter - Deer E. Meigh
Milkshake - Ruby Gloom - Auroara Bearealis

My Profile | PM Me | CCG | Ambassador Hotline
Old 11-20-2019, 02:21 PM
Let the pie fly!
Sadie and Melody's Main Toon Info

My Mood: ToonEnough
Sadie and Melody has the heart of a hobbit!Sadie and Melody has the heart of a hobbit!Sadie and Melody has the heart of a hobbit!Sadie and Melody has the heart of a hobbit!Sadie and Melody has the heart of a hobbit!Sadie and Melody has the heart of a hobbit!Sadie and Melody has the heart of a hobbit!Sadie and Melody has the heart of a hobbit!Sadie and Melody has the heart of a hobbit!Sadie and Melody has the heart of a hobbit!Sadie and Melody has the heart of a hobbit!
1. Having food and other basic necessities. And food.
2. Having friends and family and people that supported me throughout all this time.
3. All the arts, written work, music, videos, games, etc. that people created that I enjoyed, as well as the people that poured their heart and soul into creating those masterpieces. You all have no idea how your creations helped me up when I'm feeling down! Especially during this past month...
4. The CCG as well as greater MMOCF community. It feels a lot of you grew up with me throughout the past 7 years. It may seem silly, but I really can't imagine how different things would be if I had never found these forums back in 2012.
5. As usual, the internet. You know the reason why by now. :P
Old 11-27-2019, 04:24 AM
Currently having issues
Weird Curly Megaquack's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Pwness
Weird Curly Megaquack will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeWeird Curly Megaquack will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeWeird Curly Megaquack will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeWeird Curly Megaquack will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeWeird Curly Megaquack will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeWeird Curly Megaquack will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeWeird Curly Megaquack will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeWeird Curly Megaquack will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeWeird Curly Megaquack will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeWeird Curly Megaquack will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeWeird Curly Megaquack will one day be as helpful as Samwise Gamgee
1. Finding Toontown in the first place. I was a teenager when I was first introduced to TTO, and I was in the midst of a bout of mono. It took a toll on my mind and my heart as well as my body - I was sad a lot of the time. But looking over my younger cousin's shoulder while she played, I found so much comfort in the bright colors, the cheery music, the familiar Disney characters, and in the fact that the game is literally a battle against sadness. My cousin was kind enough to let me know that I could create my own free account (mind you, this was 2008). And the rest is history.

2. That I have my Toon back. When TTO closed down, I took a ton of snapshots of my Toon to remember her by. And boy am I glad I did, because with the arrival of Rewritten, I was able to perfectly recreate her, her clothing, and her house. Sometimes I forget this Curly is not the original Curly. In the three years I've been playing, I've managed to get back to 107 Laff and even improve in my Drop gags, Sellbot, and Cashbot suits. And of course none of that would be possible without. . .

3. The Cold Callers Guild. Probably everyone and their grandma is putting this down, but it's not just a cliche for me. My first VP victory eleven years ago? CCG. Since then? I've done maybe three runs without them. It's not just the no-shuffle (though I understand that's the main point); it's the friendly, welcoming atmosphere and the knowledge that the Toons there are going to have each others' backs. . . not to mention the ability to have theirs. Now that I have graduated to a Mover & Shaker suit, I've found being able to help smaller Toons/suits to victory to be the absolute most rewarding thing in the came.

4. The TTR staff. Not just for bring Toontown back. For the way they've done it. They've been relatively faithful to Disney's intentions, making improvements to the game while keeping it recognizable as the same one I fell in love with as a kid. They have honestly done a pretty terrific job for an unpaid group of volunteers. Yes, there have been bugs and other annoying things. But I have consistently seen the staff do their best to fix things. They've kept a great sense of humor and have handled the criticism they sometimes received in a very professional way. And then, of course, I have to thank them for. . .

5. The VP. Going to try to do my best not to ramble too much on this one. I got strangely attached to the VP early on - as a friend of mine on another site said, "I always thought it was kinda cute how happy he was to promote you and how he had to be told that you were Toons." There was also an obscure pre-SBHQ memo I discovered that characterized him as being concerned about his Cogs' safety and somewhat light-hearted with them.

I spent the better part of 2009 writing Awakenings and Re-Awakenings, a fanfic from the VP's perspective, and I still remember that story very fondly. It was a wonderful way to connect with other Toons, and it made me brave enough to continue sharing my writing.

Cue 2011. Sellbot Field Offices. "Stop reading this memo and get back to work!" Signed by the VP. That was the moment TTO ended for me.

Cut to 2014. I feel nostalgic, come back here, discover Rewritten is still open. Go poking around to discover a Sellbot memo congratulating the Movers & Shakers on their performance during Doomsday and promising to give them Field Offices. Signed by. . . the Chairman. Poof! Inconsistency resolved. Between that and the handling of Operation Storm Sellbot, my inner fangirl was deeply satisfied.

and yes that was the short version
Old 11-27-2019, 04:57 PM
LovAtta Firstsite
loopypoppenberry's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Rainbow
loopypoppenberry glows with inner Tooninessloopypoppenberry glows with inner Tooninessloopypoppenberry glows with inner Tooninessloopypoppenberry glows with inner Tooninessloopypoppenberry glows with inner Tooninessloopypoppenberry glows with inner Tooniness
I'm thankful for so many things, my family mostly. I just need to remind myself of the good things I have.
Old 11-28-2019, 04:33 PM
living life
Bongo Rock's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Adventurous
Bongo Rock glows with inner TooninessBongo Rock glows with inner TooninessBongo Rock glows with inner TooninessBongo Rock glows with inner TooninessBongo Rock glows with inner TooninessBongo Rock glows with inner TooninessBongo Rock glows with inner Tooniness
-Having a roof over my head while we search for a new home
-The food on my plate
-Friends and family that show me support forever
-The free art classes I took this year
-As always, computer games!
Old 11-29-2019, 09:56 PM
Soundless is growl
Lori's Main Toon Info

My Mood: ToonEnough
Lori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mouse
I've been struggling about what to write here all month because I feel like I say the same thing every year. However, I *am* thankful for all the usual things: family, friends, work, boyfriend, dog...

Now after commenting on this thread I feel like I already wrote the post I could have put on this thread.

I'm just thankful for so much -- and I'm thankful for that too!
Old 12-01-2019, 12:23 AM
some CCG mod that loves kirby
Gigi's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Author
Gigi will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeGigi will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeGigi will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeGigi will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeGigi will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeGigi will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeGigi will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeGigi will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeGigi will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeGigi will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeGigi will one day be as helpful as Samwise Gamgee
I'm thankful for:

- My family and friends, who are always around to support me and make my life a joy
- Having food, water, and many other basic needs such as education and having a job
- All my interests for being amazing and making my free time mean a lot to me
- All the communities I help, direct and indirectly, for being great places I can interact with all kinds of people
- Everyone who has supported me in any way or believed in my skills, you all mean the world to me

(I'm not home today but the contest ends today, tomorrow I'll close this thread and see about sending the awards!)
Closed Thread