Go Back   MMO Central Forums > Site Content > News Articles

Notices

News Articles News Articles -- MMO Gaming News, MCF Official Contests & Awards Threads!

Old Start the New Year with the Top Toons Marathon!

Login or Register now to see fewer ads.

Old 12-27-2019, 11:25 PM
Cogbuster and Wizard
Queen Petunia Gigglenugget's Main Toon Info

My Mood: w00t
Queen Petunia Gigglenugget is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseQueen Petunia Gigglenugget is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseQueen Petunia Gigglenugget is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseQueen Petunia Gigglenugget is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseQueen Petunia Gigglenugget is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseQueen Petunia Gigglenugget is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseQueen Petunia Gigglenugget is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseQueen Petunia Gigglenugget is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseQueen Petunia Gigglenugget is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseQueen Petunia Gigglenugget is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseQueen Petunia Gigglenugget is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mouse
TTRNews Start the New Year with the Top Toons Marathon!

Start the New Year with the Top Toons Marathon!

Posted by S'more on December 27, 2019 at 2:30 PM

It's that time of the year again: hot chocolate, warm pie, and competition. Thatís right, Toons... The New Yearís Fireworks are BACK! Every hour, on the hour, you can see them soaring through the sky in every playground from December 30th at 12:00 AM Toontown Time (PST) until January 2nd at 12:00 AM Toontown Time. They're a long standing Toontown tradition, so you won't want to miss them!

I'm just messing with you'se, I know what you really want. Get you'selves ready for the New Year's Top Toons Marathon!

After taking a break from the marathon so we could hold the Winter Laff-o-Lympics for Franz Neckvein, we noticed how spiffy all those Toons were looking with their Laff-o-Lympics Medals. Despite this, it's come to my attention that the Top Toons shirt hasnít changed once! Well, worry no more my friends. The marathon is back, and us Troopers have worked with the best tailors in Toontown to come up with something that'll blow your socks off!

But why stop there? If the Laff-o-Lympics got a theme, so should Top Toons. In order to choose a theme for the marathon, I tasked Doctor Dimm with choosing the silliest, wackiest, most terrifically Toontastic thing he could think of from this entire year. In hindsight, I probably should have just asked Prepostera. Using his brand new Arbitrary Appraisal Apparatus, he has determined that mice are the most Toontastic thing in Toontown this year!

Therefore, we are dubbing next year as the Year of the Mouse! Top Toons is probably the only event thatíll reflect this, but Dimm insisted we say 'Year'... I donít think Iíll ever quite understand the inner workings of that duck. Regardless, if we ever need anything to be arbitrarily appraised, we know where to find him.

With our theme picked and a plethora of tailors ready to sew together the latest piece in Toontown fashion, we got to work on our upgrade to the Top Toons shirt. Here the beauty is, what do you'se think? Just look at it! The vibrant blue, little mouse ears on the medalÖ Need I say more?

So, wondering how to join the fun? Well, it may be a new year with a new shirt, but we're sticking to the usual guidelines for this competition. Here are the official rules for you'se!

Top Toons Marathon 2020 Rules

• The New Year's Top Toons Marathon 2020 begins on January 1st at 12:00 AM Toontown Time (PST) and will end at 12:00 AM Toontown Time (PST) on January 2nd.

• Each hour for 24 hours, four Toons will be chosen in two categories: Most Cogs Defeated and Most Cog Building Floors Recovered. (This means a one-story building counts as one, and a five-story building counts as five!)

• Choose a category you want to compete in and fight as many Cogs or retake as many Cog Building Floors as you can within the span of whichever hour(s) you choose. In the case of ties, more Toons will be chosen for that hour.

• Toons can only win once, in one category and one hour. If you win more than once, Toon HQ will only count your highest amount.

• Any rewards obtained from boss-battles are permitted for use during the event.

• Members of the Toontown Rewritten Team are allowed to participate, but will be discluded from the results in the event they should win to allow more winners from the community.

• Any serious account infraction incurred shortly before, during, or after the event may disqualify you from participating. If you've recently received an infraction, check with support@toontownrewritten.com to see if this affects you!

• The original Top Toons Medal shirt has been retired from circulation and is now considered legacy content.

• After the winners are posted, each winner will receive an exclusive and one-of-a-kind "Victor's Varsity" jacket themed after the Year of the Mouse, complete with a gold medal!

Sadly, this jacket Iím wearing right now isnít actually mine -- the Toon Council only lent it to me to show off. I think I might just have to join in on the competition myself though, after feeling how warm it is! I miss the heat of the bakery when I'm out in the streets, and this does just the trick. Bah, but the bakery, it calls to me. I can just hear it nowÖ ACK! That's actually Baker Bridget I hear. I's gotta get back to work!

I wish you luck, everyone -- wish me some, too!
Old 12-28-2019, 01:40 AM
Thanks for the fun.
ChiefLucarioOfficer's Main Toon Info

ChiefLucarioOfficer helps all the newbs!ChiefLucarioOfficer helps all the newbs!
As someone who participated in the 2017 Laff-o-Lympics and the 2018 Top Toons, I am quite disappointed in the direction for the 2020 Top Toons. Even though 2019 was another Laff-o-Lympics just for all species and a rule was changed at the last minute, I feel that that event was more creative than this one despite its negative reception.

The shirt texture was added in the phase files before the Winter Holiday started, and people were speculating that the mouse on the medal was a Mickey medal. The fact that they geared the theme of this Top Toons relating to the Chinese Zodiac makes it seem somewhat out of place. 2021 will be the year of the Ox, but there are no Ox toons. If the Top Toons will undergo a theme just like the 2019 Winter Laff-o-Lympics, is it just going to be something obscure each year? Another thing that bugs me is that the post emphasizes mouse toons and has the mouse laff meter as the medal for celebrating the year of the Mouse. This kind of defeats the novelty of the deer and crocodile medal shirts because they were made specially for them using their laff meters. If anything, it's almost as if it should be a Top Toons exclusively for mouse toons, but all species can obtain the shirt with the mouse laff meter medal. It just doesn't make much sense to me.

The major issue that does not sit with me well is that the original TTO medal shirt will not be used anymore. I was really looking forward to try and win that specific shirt on my rewritten TTO toon who had said shirt on TTO, but now I am unable to obtain it anymore because it was replaced with a new "themed" shirt. I would have preferred if the TTO shirt was just cleaned up and retextured to make it look sharp and crisp rather than designing an entirely new shirt that will only be available this one time. I did have a feeling that the Top Toons this year was going to be the same as previous Top Toons competitions, but just with this new shirt. However, I did not anticipate the TTO shirt that evokes nostalgia for many veteran players to be retired from being obtainable.

Even though I am not participating this year, I have many friends who are, and I wish them good luck and hope they achieve a high score during the competition, as well as many others who will be competing.