Go Back   MMO Central Forums > Toontown Rewritten > Toontown Rewritten Playground

Notices

Toontown Rewritten Playground General discussion for Toontown Rewritten.

Old Update Discussion/Speculation *Megathread* V. 3.0

Login or Register now to see fewer ads.

Old 08-20-2014, 09:40 PM
Crazy/BurntPizza/Comet/FreezerBurn
Spiker057's Main Toon Info

My Mood: ToonEnough
Spiker057 is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookSpiker057 is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookSpiker057 is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookSpiker057 is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookSpiker057 is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookSpiker057 is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookSpiker057 is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookSpiker057 is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookSpiker057 is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookSpiker057 is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Wildtoon View Post
HYPEEEEE!!!
One question tough.....

So after the toonfest, the game wil be closing until 2015?!
Did I read that wrong, or is that's how it's going to be?
Ha! Of course not! They mean that they won't let us access the new area in chip & dales until next year.
Old 08-20-2014, 09:42 PM
Tie-Dye Nation
Orangemouse's Main Toon Info

Orangemouse has the heart of a hobbit!Orangemouse has the heart of a hobbit!Orangemouse has the heart of a hobbit!Orangemouse has the heart of a hobbit!Orangemouse has the heart of a hobbit!Orangemouse has the heart of a hobbit!Orangemouse has the heart of a hobbit!Orangemouse has the heart of a hobbit!Orangemouse has the heart of a hobbit!Orangemouse has the heart of a hobbit!Orangemouse has the heart of a hobbit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndaquil707 View Post
I think they met by entering the main game itself, not the test server.
I still believe the test server should be open to the public, or at the very least more user-friendly than requiring you to have a key to get in. I want the key system to be history once the game is released. In my book, requiring a key to access the test server is still keeping the key system around.

TTO's application system worked and they should use something along the lines of that.

The only problem I see with making a test server 100% public is that people might always go there instead of the open server. I'm sure they could find some way to prevent this though.
Old 08-20-2014, 09:47 PM
Proud beta key holder.
Spike Wildtoon's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Dreaming
Spike Wildtoon glows with inner TooninessSpike Wildtoon glows with inner TooninessSpike Wildtoon glows with inner TooninessSpike Wildtoon glows with inner TooninessSpike Wildtoon glows with inner TooninessSpike Wildtoon glows with inner TooninessSpike Wildtoon glows with inner TooninessSpike Wildtoon glows with inner Tooniness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiker057 View Post
Ha! Of course not! They mean that they won't let us access the new area in chip & dales until next year.
Haha thank god I'm glad I read that wrong.
Old 08-20-2014, 09:49 PM
:)
Lisosaurus's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Charming
Lisosaurus is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLisosaurus is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLisosaurus is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLisosaurus is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLisosaurus is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLisosaurus is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLisosaurus is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLisosaurus is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLisosaurus is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLisosaurus is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLisosaurus is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangemouse View Post
I still believe the test server should be open to the public, or at the very least more user-friendly than requiring you to have a key to get in. I want the key system to be history once the game is released. In my book, requiring a key to access the test server is still keeping the key system around.

TTO's application system worked and they should use something along the lines of that.

The only problem I see with making a test server 100% public is that people might always go there instead of the open server. I'm sure they could find some way to prevent this though.
The test server will only be available to those who have keys at first, but in the future there will be ways of gaining access to it if you don't have a key. Also, the test server won't always be open - it'll only be open when there's new things to test.
Old 08-20-2014, 10:28 PM
Currently inactive from TTR
Mister Fluffy Dynoteeth's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Hopeful
Mister Fluffy Dynoteeth is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookMister Fluffy Dynoteeth is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookMister Fluffy Dynoteeth is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookMister Fluffy Dynoteeth is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookMister Fluffy Dynoteeth is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookMister Fluffy Dynoteeth is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookMister Fluffy Dynoteeth is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookMister Fluffy Dynoteeth is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookMister Fluffy Dynoteeth is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbook
This is so exciting! I can't wait for this event!

Old 08-21-2014, 12:05 AM
Ugh.
Sethy's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Starving
Sethy will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSethy will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSethy will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSethy will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSethy will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSethy will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSethy will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSethy will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSethy will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSethy will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSethy will one day be as helpful as Samwise Gamgee
Excited, yet still fearful of the servers.

I mean with how they currently stand, I can't play at all without freezing every second for 1minute at times, the lag/freezing is horrid, I don't disconnect (never did in TTO) anyway, but it's bad with maybe 2000 people, more than that?.. eh... o.o I have a computer real good for gaming and it's never been a problem before, I don't get why such a simple game like TT is making it have a fit at it. Unless it's what I first said, and it's the servers and yada.

however.

WOOOOO
Old 08-21-2014, 12:28 AM
Alpha tester He wishes!
Oop's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Happy
Oop will soon be Dungeon Master!Oop will soon be Dungeon Master!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheenabc123 View Post

I mean with how they currently stand, I can't play at all without freezing every second for 1minute at times, the lag/freezing is horrid, I don't disconnect (never did in TTO) anyway, but it's bad with maybe 2000 people, more than that?.. eh... o.o I have a computer real good for gaming and it's never been a problem before, I don't get why such a simple game like TT is making it have a fit at it. Unless it's what I first said, and it's the servers and yada.

however.

WOOOOO

It's mainly how the game loads up streets and playgrounds. Every other entity you'll see that it is lag free.
Old 08-21-2014, 04:09 AM
Currently inactive from TTR
Mister Fluffy Dynoteeth's Main Toon Info

Mister Fluffy Dynoteeth is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookMister Fluffy Dynoteeth is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookMister Fluffy Dynoteeth is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookMister Fluffy Dynoteeth is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookMister Fluffy Dynoteeth is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookMister Fluffy Dynoteeth is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookMister Fluffy Dynoteeth is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookMister Fluffy Dynoteeth is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookMister Fluffy Dynoteeth is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheenabc123 View Post

however.

WOOOOO
It's not just the servers really-- it's the way the game loads stuff, as said above. The servers can handle the load, but the loading system needs to be optimized before Open Beta comes along or else there will be constant freezes since there'd be more toons to load.

Old 08-21-2014, 02:29 PM
Toontown Team - Sir Max
JoeyZio's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Toonish
JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Fluffy Dynoteeth View Post
It's not just the servers really-- it's the way the game loads stuff, as said above. The servers can handle the load, but the loading system needs to be optimized before Open Beta comes along or else there will be constant freezes since there'd be more toons to load.
Luckily, that's a big priority for us. You'll see some big improvements coming in the next few weeks as we finish up the things we've been experimenting with.
Old 08-21-2014, 02:57 PM
Inspiring Insanity!
Tyrynn's Main Toon Info

My Mood: w00t
Tyrynn helps all the newbs!Tyrynn helps all the newbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey19982 View Post
Luckily, that's a big priority for us. You'll see some big improvements coming in the next few weeks as we finish up the things we've been experimenting with.
I love it when you experiment. Last time you said anything about experimenting we got the playline. Hahahahaha
LAG FREE (OR NEAR LAG FREE) SERVERS AWAYYYYYYYY!!!
Old 08-21-2014, 04:00 PM
conquorer of all toontown
bloodsucker12234's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Aggressive
bloodsucker12234 is famous at conventions.bloodsucker12234 is famous at conventions.bloodsucker12234 is famous at conventions.bloodsucker12234 is famous at conventions.bloodsucker12234 is famous at conventions.bloodsucker12234 is famous at conventions.
Quote:
Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, CAN'T WAIT!!!!
Old 08-21-2014, 04:07 PM
TTR Alpha Tester
Captain flippenhopper's Main Toon Info

My Mood: TTC-Addict
Captain flippenhopper glows with inner TooninessCaptain flippenhopper glows with inner TooninessCaptain flippenhopper glows with inner TooninessCaptain flippenhopper glows with inner TooninessCaptain flippenhopper glows with inner TooninessCaptain flippenhopper glows with inner TooninessCaptain flippenhopper glows with inner Tooniness
Ohmygooooodd HYPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Even though i have a key hyyyyypppeeee! Event, Toonfest, ohmygod i dont care who somebody hug my gimme a high five i dont care.

I've been following TTR for so long, the excitement for full release is just... JQWIOJASKNDNfewDFJOW.

The election event was AMAZING, and to hear there's an end-of-beta coming, potentially involving rescuing Slappy... its just all so awesome :D. I love the TTR community, and i love the idea of Toonfest. And its annual!
Excited to see what new things are coming accessory-wise too ^-^. Hope i can make it to Toonfest!
Old 08-21-2014, 04:45 PM
Academy Reader
potcoreports's Main Toon Info

potcoreports is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookpotcoreports is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookpotcoreports is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookpotcoreports is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookpotcoreports is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookpotcoreports is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookpotcoreports is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookpotcoreports is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbook
Quote:
Hopefully we can get those load times that TTO once had when leaving and entering a new area (I
I.E. entering a tunnel, smooth toon animation walking through it. Then, on the loading screen, it smoothly loads up the loading bar near-instantly, then, we see our toons walking out of the tunnel onto the street without jitter or stutter.)

Remember those loading times? And then Disney changed it one day..... and to load up areas, the loading bar had to *pause* then continue loading.

I know you guys will patch it up awesomely!
Old 08-21-2014, 07:50 PM
A guy who knows coding :)
Happy The CCGer's Main Toon Info

My Mood: CCG_ish
Happy The CCGer glows with inner TooninessHappy The CCGer glows with inner TooninessHappy The CCGer glows with inner TooninessHappy The CCGer glows with inner TooninessHappy The CCGer glows with inner TooninessHappy The CCGer glows with inner TooninessHappy The CCGer glows with inner Tooniness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chipper View Post
I'm excited, but how are the servers (maximum capacity 2,000) going to hold 40,000+ people in just one month?
lets meet there at the fest and become in game friends when the game opens ill set a time when it happens and i hope this is on a weekend or friday
Old 08-25-2014, 04:08 AM
Game Over
Super Pancake Z's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Amuzed
Super Pancake Z will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSuper Pancake Z will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSuper Pancake Z will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSuper Pancake Z will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSuper Pancake Z will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSuper Pancake Z will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSuper Pancake Z will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSuper Pancake Z will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSuper Pancake Z will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSuper Pancake Z will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSuper Pancake Z will one day be as helpful as Samwise Gamgee
Heres a question that most likely only a dev can answer (if they want to reveal this much) but will we need a bossbot suit to do the final beta event? Or will it be available for everyone like doomsday?

Just asking since the site says have our disguises at the ready.