Go Back   MMO Central Forums > Toontown Rewritten > Toontown Rewritten Playground

Notices

Toontown Rewritten Playground General discussion for Toontown Rewritten.

Old Seeking interesting ToonTown screenshots!

Login or Register now to see fewer ads.

Old 03-29-2020, 12:15 AM
living life
Bongo Rock's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Adventurous
Bongo Rock glows with inner TooninessBongo Rock glows with inner TooninessBongo Rock glows with inner TooninessBongo Rock glows with inner TooninessBongo Rock glows with inner TooninessBongo Rock glows with inner TooninessBongo Rock glows with inner TooninessBongo Rock glows with inner Tooniness
Seeking interesting ToonTown screenshots!

Hello everyone, if you know me from years before, you may remember that I used to post on a thread in the Tales and Tribulations subforum, in which I posted screenshots I collected from walking around Toontown (Rewritten), and discussed the details of them. I never ended up going through all of Toontown in order to finish the thread.

What made me start that thread is my fascination with the art that can be found all over the games we grew up with, including Toontown. When I see something interesting in a game, I always wonder the true meaning behind it, or the reason the developers put it there. An example of this is the statues that are found in Toontown Central.

I am posting here now because I think it would be great if us members of the Toontown community could contribute to this project so that players could use it to lighten their view of the game, noticing things they may have never noticed before. I feel it the project would be spectacular if any TT veterans that played during TTO Beta or at the release of TTO could share screenshots on this thread from then so that we could see rare sights and see how the game has changed over time.

So, if you're up for it, go out and explore Toontown all over again, and share screenshots of anything you found interesting here.

Perhaps discussing our screenshots and digging into details of the game could even impact how developers of today's Toontown decide to make new areas and features look.

Thank you!
Old 03-29-2020, 12:51 AM
Taking the Scenic Route
SourKraut's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Cog-Like
SourKraut could defeat Bowser one-handed!SourKraut could defeat Bowser one-handed!SourKraut could defeat Bowser one-handed!SourKraut could defeat Bowser one-handed!
Icon6

Are we only talking about the old Toontown, or TTR too?
Old 03-29-2020, 01:11 AM
living life

Bongo Rock glows with inner TooninessBongo Rock glows with inner TooninessBongo Rock glows with inner TooninessBongo Rock glows with inner TooninessBongo Rock glows with inner TooninessBongo Rock glows with inner TooninessBongo Rock glows with inner TooninessBongo Rock glows with inner Tooniness
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourKraut View Post
Are we only talking about the old Toontown, or TTR too?
Both - this way we can spot differences between the two games as well! Anything you find interesting. The thread I talked about at the beginning only had TTR screenshots because I acquired all of them for the thread.
Old 03-29-2020, 01:40 AM
Taking the Scenic Route
SourKraut's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Cog-Like
SourKraut could defeat Bowser one-handed!SourKraut could defeat Bowser one-handed!SourKraut could defeat Bowser one-handed!SourKraut could defeat Bowser one-handed!
Icon6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongo Rock View Post
Both - this way we can spot differences between the two games as well! Anything you find interesting. The thread I talked about at the beginning only had TTR screenshots because I acquired all of them for the thread.
ok then
Old 04-03-2020, 11:15 PM
living life

So I would like to begin by talking about the statues in TTC. I'm not sure if they were anywhere in TT Beta, so I'm not sure how old these objects are. They are very interesting to me.

This one depicts Mickey Mouse on horseback holding a banana like a sword. To me the banana represents a sort of "crusade" of silliness led by the toons.

This one on the other side of the playground is more puzzling to me. It shows Micket holding a trident, atop a fountain, suggesting him as some sort of oceanic god. I wonder what the developers intended when they designed and placed this in the game.