Go Back   MMO Central Forums > Site Content > News Articles > ToonTown News Archive

Notices

ToonTown News Archive Old TT News

Old Toontastic Till the End Award ~ Sept. 19, 2013

Login or Register now to see fewer ads.

Old 09-20-2013, 02:49 AM
Game Over
Duckguy's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Duckish
Duckguy is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookDuckguy is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookDuckguy is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookDuckguy is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookDuckguy is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookDuckguy is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookDuckguy is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookDuckguy is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookDuckguy is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattestrophic View Post
Toontown... we will never forget you.
I want some jellybeans right now...
o3o

yus

tut tut :(
Old 09-20-2013, 04:08 AM
This is 'Tic, signing off
ToonTaskTic's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Dawggish
ToonTaskTic has the heart of a hobbit!ToonTaskTic has the heart of a hobbit!ToonTaskTic has the heart of a hobbit!ToonTaskTic has the heart of a hobbit!ToonTaskTic has the heart of a hobbit!ToonTaskTic has the heart of a hobbit!ToonTaskTic has the heart of a hobbit!ToonTaskTic has the heart of a hobbit!ToonTaskTic has the heart of a hobbit!ToonTaskTic has the heart of a hobbit!ToonTaskTic has the heart of a hobbit!
Ah, so sad that it's gone. I came back to say that I'm very thankful for everything the Admins and Mods put into this site! :) Thanks for making this place. I had a few friends and a whole lot of fun with the CCG! The IRC chat was really fun too!

Sorry for being sappy! Hope you all find joy in other games as good as this was!
Old 09-20-2013, 04:40 AM
Glue? Glue. The fault in our Lure.
Hao's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Rainbow
Hao is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookHao is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookHao is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookHao is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookHao is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookHao is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookHao is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookHao is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookHao is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbook
R.I.P. Hao
November 2007-September 19, 2013
Old 09-20-2013, 05:49 AM
See you Sumday.
JayDubLU's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Toothache
JayDubLU is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseJayDubLU is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseJayDubLU is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseJayDubLU is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseJayDubLU is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseJayDubLU is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseJayDubLU is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseJayDubLU is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseJayDubLU is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseJayDubLU is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseJayDubLU is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mouse
Yes, while this game may be over, I will never forget all the good times (and the bad :P ) that I had playing the game of my life. For me, this isn't the end. While I can no longer control my toon puppet (as my friend put it out), I know she, along with others, will continue the war with the cogs, just without our guidance.
Old 09-20-2013, 11:08 AM
Reminiscing
Hunter the Great's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Toony
Hunter the Great has the heart of a hobbit!Hunter the Great has the heart of a hobbit!Hunter the Great has the heart of a hobbit!Hunter the Great has the heart of a hobbit!Hunter the Great has the heart of a hobbit!Hunter the Great has the heart of a hobbit!Hunter the Great has the heart of a hobbit!Hunter the Great has the heart of a hobbit!Hunter the Great has the heart of a hobbit!Hunter the Great has the heart of a hobbit!Hunter the Great has the heart of a hobbit!
I agree with Roxy 100 percent. My thoughts are in my signature.
Old 09-20-2013, 01:11 PM
Heinous Hare
Evil Kid Bugs's Main Toon Info

Evil Kid Bugs is Evil Kid BugsEvil Kid Bugs is Evil Kid BugsEvil Kid Bugs is Evil Kid BugsEvil Kid Bugs is Evil Kid BugsEvil Kid Bugs is Evil Kid BugsEvil Kid Bugs is Evil Kid BugsEvil Kid Bugs is Evil Kid BugsEvil Kid Bugs is Evil Kid BugsEvil Kid Bugs is Evil Kid BugsEvil Kid Bugs is Evil Kid BugsEvil Kid Bugs is Evil Kid Bugs
"They say I live a fast life.
Maybe I just like a fast life.
I wouldn’t give it up for anything in the world.
It won’t last forever, either.
But the memories will."
Old 09-20-2013, 02:13 PM
A wish too far to be true
kagurazuki16's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Clueless
kagurazuki16 was one of the first to find ^^vv<><>BA
Ahh, I'm gonna miss Toontown and all the Toons and Doodles I've made(and I couldn't make it on time for the closing time yesterday T____T ):

Kagurahime
Sabrina
Ryoma
Cindy
Kobato
Krystal
Kyubey
Cheesecake
Victoria
Hanon
Jelly
Mosegator
Homura

I'm gonna make a video for this, but need to find my old screenshots first.
Old 09-20-2013, 06:27 PM
Heinous Hare

Evil Kid Bugs is Evil Kid BugsEvil Kid Bugs is Evil Kid BugsEvil Kid Bugs is Evil Kid BugsEvil Kid Bugs is Evil Kid BugsEvil Kid Bugs is Evil Kid BugsEvil Kid Bugs is Evil Kid BugsEvil Kid Bugs is Evil Kid BugsEvil Kid Bugs is Evil Kid BugsEvil Kid Bugs is Evil Kid BugsEvil Kid Bugs is Evil Kid BugsEvil Kid Bugs is Evil Kid Bugs
"This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning."
Old 09-20-2013, 07:03 PM
Dyno... BOOM!!!
Dynaboom's Main Toon Info

My Mood: ToonEnough
Dynaboom is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookDynaboom is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookDynaboom is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookDynaboom is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookDynaboom is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookDynaboom is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookDynaboom is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookDynaboom is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookDynaboom is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbook
Who knew Evil Kid Bugs was such a motivational speaker?
Old 09-20-2013, 09:12 PM
:] ~Smile!~ [:
doughnut614's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Toonish
doughnut614 was one of the first to find ^^vv<><>BA
Every toon out there that has played 1 day or 10 years, because of you, I've had one of the greatest experiences in my life- playing toontown.
Old 09-20-2013, 09:36 PM
Snowtastic!
SnowTheIcyKitty's Main Toon Info

My Mood: ToonEnough
SnowTheIcyKitty is ooo!SnowTheIcyKitty is ooo!SnowTheIcyKitty is ooo!SnowTheIcyKitty is ooo!
R.I.P., Snow...

I'll never forget you... ;-;
Old 09-20-2013, 11:41 PM
:/ done.
Princess Petunia.'s Main Toon Info

Location: In your closet waiting to scare the ka-jeepers out of you.
My Mood: Happy
Princess Petunia. is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookPrincess Petunia. is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookPrincess Petunia. is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookPrincess Petunia. is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookPrincess Petunia. is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookPrincess Petunia. is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookPrincess Petunia. is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookPrincess Petunia. is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookPrincess Petunia. is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbook
I was too late :'(

I requested on the 19th...Le sigh...
Old 09-21-2013, 03:47 AM
Busy busting cogs!
Minty Man's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Thoughtful
Minty Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseMinty Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseMinty Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseMinty Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseMinty Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseMinty Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseMinty Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseMinty Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseMinty Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseMinty Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseMinty Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mouse
Princess Petunia, the award was for the nineteenth. If you think you applied for it, I'd recommend that you message one of the administrators (your best bet would be Mommy 2 Jules since she is the award and arcade Administrator). At least ask if they received your application—it couldn't hurt!
Old 09-21-2013, 02:26 PM
SuperCoconutCrinklemuffin
SuperCoconut's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Happy
SuperCoconut will soon be Dungeon Master!
Keep our fingers crossed but it looks like Toonland has provided their servers for a soon coming launch of Toontown rewritten!

https://www.toontownrewritten.com/about

who knows???

Make sure you sign up for toonbook as well to keep informed about toontown rewritten!!! Toons of the world unite!!!

Last edited by SuperCoconut; 09-21-2013 at 03:06 PM..
Old 09-21-2013, 11:07 PM
Heinous Hare

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCoconut View Post
Keep our fingers crossed but it looks like Toonland has provided their servers for a soon coming launch of Toontown rewritten!

https://www.toontownrewritten.com/about

who knows???

Make sure you sign up for toonbook as well to keep informed about toontown rewritten!!! Toons of the world unite!!!
Kitty Poop.

Hardest part with re-creating TTO is Panda 3d, which Di$ney welched on and never released as open source.

Making a 3D graphic engine from scratch would take a few thousand toon-hours, not enough people who actually know what they are doing that are not already working in better jobs, like washing dishes or cleaning toilets.

To do a Toontown-like game would be do-able, I thought of it, minimum cost to just get a game engine up would be $200K (NOT Karrots).

I'm not ready to give up my job as Evil Bunny to direct such a project without cash up front, and I'm sure that you couldn't get that from kickstart.com, that place is only good for selling wristwatches that access your smartphone to tell you what time it is.

-ekb-