• MMO Central Home
  • MMO Central Forums
  • MMO Central Gallery
  • User Control Panel
  • Register!
  • Lose Your Marbles? Click Here!

Go Back   MMO Central Forums > Toontown Rewritten > That Extra Laff

Notices

That Extra Laff Racing, Fishing, or Gardening, you just gotta do it.

Old Idea: Remove Holes with Pipes and Tunnels from Golf Until it's Fixed

Login or Register now to see fewer ads.

Old 01-19-2020, 06:34 AM
Registered Rabbit

_Holly_ is a player of legend in their game._Holly_ is a player of legend in their game._Holly_ is a player of legend in their game._Holly_ is a player of legend in their game._Holly_ is a player of legend in their game._Holly_ is a player of legend in their game._Holly_ is a player of legend in their game._Holly_ is a player of legend in their game._Holly_ is a player of legend in their game._Holly_ is a player of legend in their game._Holly_ is a player of legend in their game.
Idea: Remove Holes with Pipes and Tunnels from Golf Until it's Fixed

We all know golf physics are broken, but it's no more broken than on courses like Second Wind 1 & 2 (the ones with the colorful pipes) and At the Drive In 1 & 2 (the ones with the windmill). Sometimes golfballs stubbornly refuse to go in the tunnel at all, bouncing back like they hit an invisible wall, and when they go in they often get stuck. Turn after turn I hit the golfball which is stuck somewhere in the tunnel and it stalls the game while the golfball spins in place for a solid 2+ minutes. Eventually it will reappear in an odd place on the map where it couldn't have gotten to according to physics. When I hit it it rockets off in a random direction.

Other courses are playable even though you might run into certain bugs, but the ones with pipes and tunnels are pretty much not playable at all. None of my toons who golfed since golfing have been like this have ever gotten a hole in one on Second Wind 1 & 2, for example, because the balls just fall through whatever pipe they were hit into and land in the blue one. You can hit it in the center bullseye but it doesn't matter.

Now for me this is annoying because I'm trying to max, and it adds a lot of extra time, especially when the ball gets stuck and I have to hit it and wait for it to stop spinning several turns in a row. But for people golfing with others I imagine it takes all the fun out of it, because if you get hit by the glitches you stand no chance of winning. If your ball get stuck in Second Wind 1 or 2 it's pretty much an automatic triple bogey.
Old 01-21-2020, 01:49 AM
He's going over that cliff!

My Mood: Naughty
Wonder101 has the heart of a hobbit!Wonder101 has the heart of a hobbit!Wonder101 has the heart of a hobbit!Wonder101 has the heart of a hobbit!Wonder101 has the heart of a hobbit!Wonder101 has the heart of a hobbit!Wonder101 has the heart of a hobbit!Wonder101 has the heart of a hobbit!Wonder101 has the heart of a hobbit!Wonder101 has the heart of a hobbit!Wonder101 has the heart of a hobbit!
I'm glad someone highlighted how broken golf is. To be honest, I haven't had much trouble with pipes/tunnels in golfing (if I do, I just assume its my rubbish golfing skill), but just more of golfing in general. My favorite glitch is the one where you hit it into the hole, it falls through the ground, then rolls out, signaling that you missed. Infuriating, to say the absolute least and adds a lot of time/strokes. However, as you suggested, I wouldn't mind supporting the idea of taking out those courses if you and others are having repeated glitches on them. My only concern is that they would be removed and never returned, as I don't think fixing golf is that high on TTR's priorities list.