Go Back   MMO Central Forums > Site Content > News Articles > ToonTown News Archive

Notices

ToonTown News Archive Old TT News

Old Toontown Rewritten | Knock-Knock Contest Winners | Psych! Sunday

Login or Register now to see fewer ads.

Old 10-14-2013, 03:46 AM
Game Over
Midnight74's Main Toon Info

My Mood: CCG_ish
Midnight74 could defeat Bowser one-handed!Midnight74 could defeat Bowser one-handed!Midnight74 could defeat Bowser one-handed!
Congrats everyone! Joey come on my queen my dishes joke was obviously the best.. Lol jk great contest
Old 10-14-2013, 03:48 AM
I'm back...
Hot Dog Luke's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Clueless
Hot Dog Luke glows with inner TooninessHot Dog Luke glows with inner TooninessHot Dog Luke glows with inner TooninessHot Dog Luke glows with inner TooninessHot Dog Luke glows with inner TooninessHot Dog Luke glows with inner TooninessHot Dog Luke glows with inner Tooniness
Thanks joey for making TTR and hosting this contest! Hopefully there will be other contests (hopefully a different type since many people were complaining about it).

And what is Psych Sunday? Is it just the day of celebrating?
Old 10-14-2013, 03:51 AM
Keep Hope Alive!
Dis Miss Disney's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Thankyou
Dis Miss Disney will soon be Dungeon Master!
Yay for you all!!!!

Congrats to the winners!!!!! Good luck with your shiny new alpha keys! So excited for you, and can't wait to see some footage!

hugs!
Old 10-14-2013, 04:01 AM
Loyal toon
cityscaper's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Cog-Like
cityscaper was one of the first to find ^^vv<><>BA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight74 View Post
Congrats everyone! Joey come on my queen my dishes joke was obviously the best.. Lol jk great contest
That joke was from an AT&T commercial.... I think he skipped those.
Old 10-14-2013, 04:09 AM
Toontown Team - Sir Max
JoeyZio's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Toonish
JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Dog Luke View Post
And what is Psych Sunday? Is it just the day of celebrating?
Psych Sunday was our way of explaining why the alpha didn't come out yesterday. We said it would, then said "Psych! It's actually going to be a little bit longer."
Old 10-14-2013, 04:09 AM
Game Over
Midnight74's Main Toon Info

My Mood: CCG_ish
Midnight74 could defeat Bowser one-handed!Midnight74 could defeat Bowser one-handed!Midnight74 could defeat Bowser one-handed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityscaper View Post
That joke was from an AT&T commercial.... I think he skipped those.
I know I said it just for fun I knew he would skip it
Old 10-14-2013, 04:13 AM
Crazy/BurntPizza/Comet/FreezerBurn
Spiker057's Main Toon Info

My Mood: ToonEnough
Spiker057 is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookSpiker057 is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookSpiker057 is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookSpiker057 is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookSpiker057 is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookSpiker057 is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookSpiker057 is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookSpiker057 is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookSpiker057 is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookSpiker057 is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey19982 View Post
Psych Sunday was our way of explaining why the alpha didn't come out yesterday. We said it would, then said "Psych! It's actually going to be a little bit longer."
By all means, we are fine waiting. Take your time, it's not like you guys promised that it would be out Saturday. You just said you were planning on releasing it Saturday. I like a project that doesn't make empty promises. Can't wait to see some more stuff! :D
Old 10-14-2013, 05:00 AM
and Nightmare Cat
Tricky Dog's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Sarcastic
Tricky Dog is ooo!Tricky Dog is ooo!Tricky Dog is ooo!Tricky Dog is ooo!
Instead of a knock-knock contest or anything of that sort, how about a trivia contest the next time alpha keys are being given out? Everyone would have to test their knowledge of the game and those who are determined enough and know much about Toontown would win a key.

Looking back at it now, it would probably be a good idea to have everyone just submit at least one or two jokes, because even I would be annoyed at having to read so many jokes in one post with so many posters participating. Even if someone thought of a joke they think is better, they can just delete their previous joke and replace it with their better one.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:41 AM
Fighting Cogs Since 2003
Sandy HB's Main Toon Info

My Mood: RockOn
Sandy HB was one of the first to find ^^vv<><>BA
Congrats all!!
Old 10-14-2013, 05:53 AM
What Does That Button Do?
pixelmouse's Main Toon Info

pixelmouse was one of the first to find ^^vv<><>BA
Congrats to everyone who won during the contest! I wasn't expecting to win, so it wasn't a big surprise. Either way I'm still glad you gave us the chance to relive TT. TTR will definitely be one of the first games I want to play, once its released. It's fantastic what you're doing- bringing back hope to a community who lost one of the greatest games out there. I hope to see some more alpha contests, if not then that's okay! Thanks a lot to anyone who volunteers their time to test TTR or develop it. It'll be an awesome game for sure. :]
Old 10-14-2013, 06:09 AM
DOH
katzee's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Tired
katzee was one of the first to find ^^vv<><>BA
missed it by a hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burhan View Post
yay are there any other ways of getting the alpha key can you hand out 100 people randomly thanks bye
I had some jokes ready for today err should I say yesterday now but I was away on business spending a lot.of.time on planes. And just just missed th3 deadline. 100 random keys would be awesome :)
Old 10-14-2013, 06:29 AM
Dyno... BOOM!!!
Dynaboom's Main Toon Info

My Mood: ToonEnough
Dynaboom is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookDynaboom is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookDynaboom is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookDynaboom is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookDynaboom is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookDynaboom is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookDynaboom is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookDynaboom is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookDynaboom is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbook
crashed TTC 3 times in 2 days. Win.

And Psych Sunday is pure genius. :)

I'm not sure how I feel about the new website. The Play button is covered up on my 720p screen. Too tall.

I think I like the presentation, but based on the newer Toontown website (2012, just for reference), I don't like when websites are Flash-based. May be laggy and... weird.

I like how it looks though and I haven't had ANY lag problems that I can remember from the TTR website.

Kinda sad I didn't win, but I had trouble with those jokes. Kinda intimidating with MidnightLight above me making better jokes about not wanting to talk about his big feet or something...

Great job everyone!

Now if only we could get people to stop calling Disney by the name Di$ney...
Mmm Gonna take a while.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:47 AM
What Does That Button Do?
superolly1's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Headache
superolly1 was one of the first to find ^^vv<><>BA
Thanks

Thanks for the update and everything you've done for us, the opportunities were great and I can't wait for the actual game to be released, you're a great guy!
Old 10-14-2013, 09:29 AM
Pigs Rock
noisyrhubarbnuttyburger's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Bookworm
noisyrhubarbnuttyburger was one of the first to find ^^vv<><>BA
Great job on the site. I think it looks great.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:40 AM
Shady's back
Sir Skids Nickelton's Main Toon Info

My Mood: CFO
Sir Skids Nickelton is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookSir Skids Nickelton is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookSir Skids Nickelton is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookSir Skids Nickelton is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookSir Skids Nickelton is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookSir Skids Nickelton is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookSir Skids Nickelton is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookSir Skids Nickelton is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookSir Skids Nickelton is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookSir Skids Nickelton is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisyrhubarbnuttyburger View Post
Great job on the site. I think it looks great.
Agree, it looks trippy.

Congrats to all the winners, have fun with the Alpha!