Notices

Content Packs Downloads for Toontown Rewritten

Old Toontown Reinvigorated: Refreshing the look of Toontown

Login or Register now to see fewer ads.

Old 12-01-2019, 01:15 AM
Flippy The BROWN Dog
Nickbrick's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Bored
Nickbrick could defeat Bowser one-handed!Nickbrick could defeat Bowser one-handed!Nickbrick could defeat Bowser one-handed!
Toontown Reinvigorated: Refreshing the look of Toontown

NOTICE:

For the time being, the TTR version of the pack is discontinued. Any efforts put into this pack from now on will be for something known as Open Toontown, a project that plans on acting as a clean base for people to use for their Toontown projects, while using TTO code, and no stolen code. I might post the version of the pack I make for that server, but, don't count on it.

Another reason the TTR pack is discontinued is due to TTR (currently, as im writing this on 1/3/2020) downscaling high resolution assets, basically ruining the fidelity gain of the pack. Unless TTR reverts this change (and fixes their Anti Ailaising Option), I will not work on the TTR pack, since the high res assets would be pointless with the downscaling.

Hello everyone.

For 3 months now, I have made it my goal to upscale all assets from Toontown, using an algorithm known as ESRGAN.

ESRGAN is an upscaling algorithm that can have several different results, depending on the models one uses with the software, with each model having a different result on whatever image its currently upscaling at the time.

With allot of time and patience, and 15 upscaling models, we come to where we are today, with my brand new Content Pack.

Toontown Reinvigorated is an experiment to see how well AI can try and cleanup a low res game, such as Toontown.

Not every texture will be perfect, but regardless, it should act as a nice base for someone to use for their packs, or maybe for someone to cleanup these assets.

Alongside textures, music has also been touched up. All music, including some TTR tracks, have been recorded using Sound Canvas VA in the SC-55 mode. The SC-55 is where all of the music samples for Toontown Originally come from, so as a result, the soundtrack has been upgraded to a higher quality, with stuff like percussion tracks fixed, without losing the sound many have come to know and love from this game.

Optional street battle theme's have also been included within the pack, as a non required .mf file, if you wish to have unique theme's for each playground's street battle's.

Anyone here is welcome to use any assets from my pack, just as long as you credit it me by my forum name.

With all of that hullabaloo out of the way, here is the download link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_K...Urj2QdnAnUoPhI

As a bonus, i'm also including a download link for the uncompressed texture assets: https://drive.google.com/open?id=17L...RJT-aPx1z8Mqpt

and the uncompressed music assets: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Dg...Nkytz8rKGTWliQ

I hope you all enjoy the pack, and please leave some feedback on what you think.

CHANGELOG:

v1.00

First Full Release!

All phase's are now upscaled

MG_win.ogg and Piano_Tuna.ogg have been upgraded to higher quality copies

Uncompressed assets have been added as a bonus, for anyone who is interested in those

WIP v0.12.5

Quick change for music. It is now it's own MF file, so you can choose to have it on, or off.

WIP v0.12

Phase 6 is now complete, and added into the pack!

WIP v0.11

First Release!

TODO:

Revisit upscaling older phases. For Phase 8, 5.5, 4, and 6, I had some new upscaling models that I previously not used on the other phases. Once these phases are visited, a sort of v2.0 could be done.

Add in other music options, so people can experiment and find a Toontown soundtrack they like most.

Add an image gallery, and perhaps a trailer video, to get people interested into the pack.

After 2.0 is done, look into assembling a team to then proceed into manual cleanup of assets, to truely perfect the pack, and fix any issues there may be, such as wonky RGB's, textures not tiling correctly, etc.

TO LOOK INTO:

International version's of Toontown Online have some assets in a Higher Resolution. I'm not sure how many are at a higher resolution, but it might be worth looking into the data of International Toontown Online clients, to see if any of them possess assets that could be used for the pack.

KNOWN ISSUES:

When I first began the pack, I was using an older version of Image Enchancing Utility. This version had issues tiling textures back together, since for higher res assets, it breaks them into tiles, upscales them, and then recombines the upscaled tiles. This will be fixed when the eventual 2.0 comes out.

Some textures don't tile as nicely as they used to. I am very well aware this is an issue, and its likely to do unresolved, unless someone wants to help fix that up. The pack is designed to upscale all textures as is, and not to redraw any assets. The pack is also free for anyone to use and modify, so long as they give credit, so perhaps other users can fix issues like that, if they wish.

Transparency becomes a bit screwy. Due to the way Toontown's Transparency system works, Higher res transparent objects get ugly artifacts if they overlap each other. There is nothing I can do about this, as it is a bug thats engine and game level.

Last edited by Nickbrick; 01-03-2020 at 10:39 PM.. Reason: TTR Discontinuation (for now), other revisions to the text
Old 12-15-2019, 11:21 PM
Flippy The BROWN Dog
Nickbrick's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Bored
Nickbrick could defeat Bowser one-handed!Nickbrick could defeat Bowser one-handed!Nickbrick could defeat Bowser one-handed!
Sorry for the double post, but, v1.00 of the pack is finally done! Come check it out, if you haven't already!
Old 01-09-2020, 05:11 AM
What Does That Button Do?
SonicHedgehogX's Main Toon Info

SonicHedgehogX was one of the first to find ^^vv<><>BA
Ttr midi

Where did you get the MIDI files for the TTR music from?