Go Back   MMO Central Forums > Other Games > Club Penguin Island

Notices

Club Penguin Island Discussion forum for Disney's Club Penguin Island -- Prop your flippers on a puffle and chat a while.

Old Club Penguin Island Closing

Login or Register now to see fewer ads.

Old 09-29-2018, 05:43 PM
Lost in Azeroth
Salty Pinkercrumbs's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Hungry
Salty Pinkercrumbs is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseSalty Pinkercrumbs is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseSalty Pinkercrumbs is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseSalty Pinkercrumbs is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseSalty Pinkercrumbs is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseSalty Pinkercrumbs is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseSalty Pinkercrumbs is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseSalty Pinkercrumbs is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseSalty Pinkercrumbs is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseSalty Pinkercrumbs is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseSalty Pinkercrumbs is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mouse
Club Penguin Island Closing

This may be old news to some but it seems that Club Penguin Island will be shutting down at the end of the this year.
https://www.clubpenguinisland.com/20...enguin-family/

It seems surprising to me that the announcement of this closure has come not much longer than a year after predecessor Club Penguin shut it's doors to allow the current Club Penguin Island game to open.

I never got around to trying this incarnation of the game myself so perhaps there are some major issues with the game that make it's short run unsurprising to those knowledgeable about the game?
Nevertheless, I'm sure it must be a disappointment for those active in the CP community to have lost two versions of the game with less than 2 years between them.
I also feel especially disappointed for the developers working on the game who will be laid off, according to articles that can be found online they had recently been informed that a 2 year project had been green-lit... Hopefully they will not have difficulty finding new employment.
Old 09-29-2018, 09:03 PM
situationally retired
PwnerJohn's Main Toon Info

My Mood: LiveChat
PwnerJohn helps all the newbs!PwnerJohn helps all the newbs!PwnerJohn helps all the newbs!
I never played the game myself, but doing a bit of research I think two of the major factors into this early closing would be 1) trying to get desktop players to play a mobile game (although a desktop version came later, but maybe it was too late) and 2) the way the game was monetized left players being forced to pay to do virtually anything. Itís really unfortunate that the Club Penguin community has lost both games in such a short timeframe, but I hope something else pops up so that they still have something to play.
Old 10-30-2018, 05:27 AM
Let the pie fly!
Sadie and Melody's Main Toon Info

My Mood: ToonEnough
Sadie and Melody has the heart of a hobbit!Sadie and Melody has the heart of a hobbit!Sadie and Melody has the heart of a hobbit!Sadie and Melody has the heart of a hobbit!Sadie and Melody has the heart of a hobbit!Sadie and Melody has the heart of a hobbit!Sadie and Melody has the heart of a hobbit!Sadie and Melody has the heart of a hobbit!Sadie and Melody has the heart of a hobbit!Sadie and Melody has the heart of a hobbit!Sadie and Melody has the heart of a hobbit!
I used to play the original Club Penguin once upon a time, and despite the game never keeping my attention more than a few months, I was sad to see it close, knowing some fond memories were made there with some childhood friends of mine. It is a shame everything must end that way. I'm hoping for the best for the fans of Club Penguin, both the original and the current version.
Old 12-12-2018, 06:00 AM
Let the pie fly!
Sadie and Melody's Main Toon Info

My Mood: ToonEnough
Sadie and Melody has the heart of a hobbit!Sadie and Melody has the heart of a hobbit!Sadie and Melody has the heart of a hobbit!Sadie and Melody has the heart of a hobbit!Sadie and Melody has the heart of a hobbit!Sadie and Melody has the heart of a hobbit!Sadie and Melody has the heart of a hobbit!Sadie and Melody has the heart of a hobbit!Sadie and Melody has the heart of a hobbit!Sadie and Melody has the heart of a hobbit!Sadie and Melody has the heart of a hobbit!
Just to bump the post but seems that Disney chose to update CPI so it runs a single player version. I do wish they had attempted something similar with their older games (with the exception of that one Pixie Hollow app), but I doubt a single-player version would work for their old format of web-based social games. For more RPG-oriented games such as Toontown and Pirates, it requires a lot of changes that are not practical to make.
Old 05-03-2019, 05:26 PM
living life
Bongo Rock's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Adventurous
Bongo Rock glows with inner TooninessBongo Rock glows with inner TooninessBongo Rock glows with inner TooninessBongo Rock glows with inner TooninessBongo Rock glows with inner TooninessBongo Rock glows with inner TooninessBongo Rock glows with inner TooninessBongo Rock glows with inner Tooniness
I saw this thread and was like

*Oh well intensifies*