Go Back   MMO Central Forums > Toontown Rewritten > Squish the Bugs

Notices

Squish the Bugs No trapping them in a glass and setting them free outside. These bugs need stomped!

Old Anyone else crashing on Urban Races?

Login or Register now to see fewer ads.

Old 10-27-2020, 10:47 PM
Currently having issues
Weird Curly Megaquack's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Pwness
Weird Curly Megaquack will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeWeird Curly Megaquack will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeWeird Curly Megaquack will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeWeird Curly Megaquack will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeWeird Curly Megaquack will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeWeird Curly Megaquack will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeWeird Curly Megaquack will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeWeird Curly Megaquack will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeWeird Curly Megaquack will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeWeird Curly Megaquack will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeWeird Curly Megaquack will one day be as helpful as Samwise Gamgee
Anyone else crashing on Urban Races?

. . . and, no, I don't mean crashing your kart (although some of those turns are pretty ridiculous).

I can sometimes get through City Circuit without issues, but Blizzard Boulevard is another story altogether. Haven't made it to the end once. And I'm only trying to get tickets; I can only imagine how frustrating this would be for someone actively looking to max racing. (I can't even get the Grand Touring trophy!)

Has anyone else experienced this?
Old 10-28-2020, 12:11 AM
But seriously, folks...
Minty Man's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Toony
Minty Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseMinty Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseMinty Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseMinty Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseMinty Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseMinty Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseMinty Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseMinty Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseMinty Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseMinty Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseMinty Man is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mouse
You know, I started to have some issues the other day with Blizzard, but they resolved themselves within 24 hours.

If you're still experiencing difficulties tomorrow, I would reach out to TTR via a bug report and let them know what's ongoing.

Best of luck
Old 10-28-2020, 12:29 AM
Soundless is growl
Lori's Main Toon Info

My Mood: ToonEnough
Lori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mouse
I haven't raced in years, but back when I was racing, I eventually had to give up on Blizzard Blvd. because I'd crash way too often.
Old 11-12-2020, 06:57 PM
very nice
skylerizzie's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Thoughtful
skylerizzie has the heart of a hobbit!skylerizzie has the heart of a hobbit!skylerizzie has the heart of a hobbit!skylerizzie has the heart of a hobbit!skylerizzie has the heart of a hobbit!skylerizzie has the heart of a hobbit!skylerizzie has the heart of a hobbit!skylerizzie has the heart of a hobbit!skylerizzie has the heart of a hobbit!skylerizzie has the heart of a hobbit!skylerizzie has the heart of a hobbit!
If the crash you are talking about is where your screen just freezes or sometimes turns entirely grey before crashing then it's probably an issue with your graphics card being unable to load everything (memory leaks).

I know this for a fact happens if you are running on Intel integrated graphics almost every time on Blizzard Boulevard or on any tracks if you attempt enough races back to back.

It's possible that you have a graphics card and it's drivers are not set up properly and is still using the integrated graphics. OR, you have a graphics card setup but TTR is running with the integrated graphics instead, best way to check that would be to right click the TTR launcher and see if you have the 'Run with graphics processor' option to see what the default is set as.

Many times I have seen though people have the graphics card in their computer but do not have the proper drivers installed so it's not being utilized. Things I like to use to troubleshoot this are 'dxdiag' which can tell you your display information, and 'Device Manager' which you can look for any unidentified drivers. If you are missing a driver you can try to search thru windows update or if that doesn't work, you can find it off of your brand of PC's website by typing in the Serial number/Product number (which is found on a sticker on the computer) to locate which computer yours is and what the proper drivers for that computer/laptop are. Or you could possibly find it off of the graphics card manufacturers website which will give you software to customize it as well and have it working.
Old 11-12-2020, 10:10 PM
Rake 'em in!
NadaAfterwards's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Horsey
NadaAfterwards is ooo!NadaAfterwards is ooo!NadaAfterwards is ooo!NadaAfterwards is ooo!
A user in the official Discord has been investigating and researching this problem and as Skylerizzie said, they concluded the issue is with Intel iGPU's (integrated graphics processing unit). They have found out this problem seems to happen the most on Urban Blizzard and when you're boosting. Urban City appears to be playable but you're required to "restart the game everytime before you start a new Urban City race, or Grand Prix that leads to it." They have also found out this problem is only present on Windows and not in Linux, as well as it dating years ago too apparently...

They also point out during their investigation that textures and models pop up a lot during that track, almost as if the player is racing too fast for the game to keep up with which sounds plausible to me. Maybe you could try racing slower and see if that makes the track more stable tho considering this problem seems absent on Linux based systems I don't have too much hopes for this workaround. If that fails I guess your only option is to race the urban circuits on another device that either, does not utilize Intel iGPU or has a Linux OS installed.