• MMO Central Home
  • MMO Central Forums
  • MMO Central Gallery
  • User Control Panel
  • Register!
  • Lose Your Marbles? Click Here!

Go Back   MMO Central Forums > Memory Lane > Disney's Toontown Online > Molder HQ

Notices

Molder HQ Phase files snooping and discussions

Old Source code.

Login or Register now to see fewer ads.

Old 04-04-2014, 01:28 AM
Toontown Team - Sir Max

My Mood: Toonish
JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!
You can get the source code by decompiling the main client, as we did. You have to remember that not all decompilers are reliable, though. We had to go through a lot of tweaks and adjustments of our own before being able to get the complete client source. Most of the time you'll have certain files missing, or parts of them inaccurate as it is with the original version of our source that was made public for a short period of time. (That's the one that some of you have seen with "Maverick" at the bottom -- this was just our very first test of decompiling the source.)

Another note on that: Decompiling the source doesn't mean that you have the entire game at your fingertips. You've only decompiled the client, and of course no one has never had the server portion except for Disney. No dice there. The reason that TTR has to go through re-development is because we are writing the server portion from scratch, considering it was never publicly available. This is why we can't just simply "Copy and Paste" it as some believe.

We keep our source code private to put a stop to people who would want to abuse it, or steal our work for their own. However, our take on Disney's OTP ("Online Theme Park") Server is open sourced over here. OTP was a generic server used for Pirates, Pixies, and Toontown. Astron is our version of OTP. You can make your own online game with Astron, or even attempt to make your own Toontown with it, but it takes a lot more than just downloading and starting it. Each game has their own AI code built on top of the OTP, which is the part that we keep private for the reasons said above.
Old 04-04-2014, 01:31 AM
Toontown addict

My Mood: Gnarly
Master Chipper has the heart of a hobbit!Master Chipper has the heart of a hobbit!Master Chipper has the heart of a hobbit!Master Chipper has the heart of a hobbit!Master Chipper has the heart of a hobbit!Master Chipper has the heart of a hobbit!Master Chipper has the heart of a hobbit!Master Chipper has the heart of a hobbit!Master Chipper has the heart of a hobbit!Master Chipper has the heart of a hobbit!Master Chipper has the heart of a hobbit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey19982 View Post
You can get the source code by decompiling the main client, as we did. You have to remember that not all decompilers are reliable, though. We had to go through a lot of tweaks and adjustments of our own before being able to get the complete client source. Most of the time you'll have certain files missing, or parts of them inaccurate as it is with the original version of our source that was made public for a short period of time. (That's the one that some of you have seen with "Maverick" at the bottom -- this was just our very first test of decompiling the source.)

Another note on that: Decompiling the source doesn't mean that you have the entire game at your fingertips. You've only decompiled the client, and of course no one has never had the server portion except for Disney. No dice there. The reason that TTR has to go through re-development is because we are writing the server portion from scratch, considering it was never publicly available. This is why we can't just simply "Copy and Paste" it as some believe.

We keep our source code private to put a stop to people who would want to abuse it, or steal our work for their own. However, our take on Disney's OTP ("Online Theme Park") Server is open sourced over here. OTP was a generic server used for Pirates, Pixies, and Toontown. Astron is our version of OTP. You can make your own online game with Astron, or even attempt to make your own Toontown with it, but it takes a lot more than just downloading and starting it. Each game has their own AI code built on top of the OTP, which is the part that we keep private for the reasons said above.
Thanks for clearing that up for us! Thank you for explaining the process. Some people have gotten really angry because they believe you can copy and paste it. You explained that it's not as easy as it looks and that nobody can just download the files and play the game.
Bravo, and well said.
Old 04-04-2014, 02:47 AM
Making A Panda3D Project

ToontownEggplant was one of the first to find ^^vv<><>BA
Quote:

Sir Max/Joey should I release it to the public? I think I shouldn't because it's illegal and a copyright of Disney. By the way, I am asking you since you are one of the main developer of TTR(Toontown Rewritten). Also, I found the Toontown source code(as of 8/22/13 or 2 days after the announcement that Toontown was closing) on Pastebin that was leeched if people can find it. Sorry to break it you .

Last edited by Top Squeek; 06-27-2014 at 03:04 AM. Reason: removed link
Old 04-04-2014, 03:47 AM
Proud beta key holder.

My Mood: Dreaming
Spike Wildtoon is a true gamer.Spike Wildtoon is a true gamer.Spike Wildtoon is a true gamer.Spike Wildtoon is a true gamer.Spike Wildtoon is a true gamer.Spike Wildtoon is a true gamer.Spike Wildtoon is a true gamer.Spike Wildtoon is a true gamer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToontownEggplant View Post

Sir Max/Joey should I release it to the public? I think I shouldn't because it's illegal and a copyright of Disney. By the way, I am asking you since you are one of the main developer of TTR(Toontown Rewritten). Also, I found the Toontown source code(as of 8/22/13 or 2 days after the announcement that Toontown was closing) on Pastebin that was leeched if people can find it. Sorry to break it you .
If you are so worried about it not being realesed, why did you just tell us that you have it and where you found it? Just curious.
I'm not meaning to sound mean, just curious.

Last edited by Top Squeek; 06-27-2014 at 03:05 AM. Reason: Edited quote
Old 06-24-2014, 06:09 PM
Loves rotten Cheese

My Mood: Roflol
mojy1234 helps all the newbs!mojy1234 helps all the newbs!mojy1234 helps all the newbs!
Can you send me the source code related to estates? I am making a level editor and want to see the code used to do housing in Toontown

Last edited by Top Squeek; 06-27-2014 at 03:06 AM. Reason: Removed quote of deleted post
Old 06-27-2014, 02:18 AM
What Does That Button Do?

jeremy95422 was one of the first to find ^^vv<><>BA
Quote:

I can understand perhaps wanting to protect your work. However, I am sure many have no interest on playing on someone's private server. For one reason, to protect private information. If your not paying a company to host your account, which includes the obligation to manage private information, its just as much a private like server. I would definitely not want my kids playing it.

The next reason, would be running your own server for personal family and friends would be very fun. Have these benefits been discussed?

So the question is, has it been considered to have a server in executable form that will be released to the public which will enable us to run our own server?
Old 06-27-2014, 03:31 PM
Making A Panda3D Project

ToontownEggplant was one of the first to find ^^vv<><>BA
Lenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojy1234 View Post
Can you send me the source code related to estates? I am making a level editor and want to see the code used to do housing in Toontown
Hello, mojy1234! I have the complete Toontown source code. If you want the Toontown source code related to estates. Please send me a PM(private message) about why you want it and I will send you a download link.