Notices

Disney Stuff Decent Disney Downloads, Duh! - This forum is moderated

Old Physical Copy

Login or Register now to see fewer ads.

Old 05-18-2015, 07:44 PM
If you see this, message me!
kickflip329's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Doleful
kickflip329 will one day be as helpful as Samwise Gamgeekickflip329 will one day be as helpful as Samwise Gamgeekickflip329 will one day be as helpful as Samwise Gamgeekickflip329 will one day be as helpful as Samwise Gamgeekickflip329 will one day be as helpful as Samwise Gamgeekickflip329 will one day be as helpful as Samwise Gamgeekickflip329 will one day be as helpful as Samwise Gamgeekickflip329 will one day be as helpful as Samwise Gamgeekickflip329 will one day be as helpful as Samwise Gamgeekickflip329 will one day be as helpful as Samwise Gamgeekickflip329 will one day be as helpful as Samwise Gamgee
Physical Copy

About a week ago, I went on eBay because I was bored and looked up Toontown Online.
I could cheat my parents into getting me trading cards, but there wasn't any at the time.
But, I saw a physical copy of Toontown Online! I always thought it was a myth! (This particular copy was from 2004).
I yelled across my house, and eventually got the "Okay!" and decided to get it.

Now that I have it, I tried to see if the disk would run.
I got this screen:
http://prntscr.com/76pz9v
Looks so cool! I feel like I might find a way to get my toon from TTO!
I clicked install, and it was working! I was genuinely excited!
It showed a bar of all the phase files being downloaded, at least I think I saw all of them.
A shortcut came up also, and I pushed continue.
http://prntscr.com/76pzra
But...
http://prntscr.com/76q3vl
http://prntscr.com/76q1c4
But then, my heart stopped. /IEXPLORER.EXE was an issue; my intuition tells me it has something to do with the servers or the website.

The box is in great condition. There was box art with a back, manual in Black/White, and the CD. "If you want me to post pictures, please ask!"
(I also think they cheated me out of a cog poster).

I'm so sad that I couldn't get on TTO; I am thinking while I'm typing here if there is a way I could take any of the phase files that were downloaded and maybe speed up the TTR process if any. But I would need help as I am not technologically inclined.
If you have any questions about the game or the case it came in, just ask!

The photos I took aren't very high quality, but are pretty big.
http://prntscr.com/76s4zk
http://prntscr.com/76s46j
And the inside:
http://prntscr.com/76s56x

Last edited by kickflip329; 05-18-2015 at 10:11 PM.. Reason: Pictures!
Old 05-18-2015, 08:30 PM
Nobody puts Gen. Dog in the corner!
GenDog's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Cog-Like
GenDog is ooo!GenDog is ooo!GenDog is ooo!GenDog is ooo!
Im not too sure about this general thing either, but servers are down for what I know of. but IEXPLORE.EXE is something random from Internet Explorer.

I also wonder if it comes inside besides the disc?
Old 05-18-2015, 09:04 PM

kickflip329 will one day be as helpful as Samwise Gamgeekickflip329 will one day be as helpful as Samwise Gamgeekickflip329 will one day be as helpful as Samwise Gamgeekickflip329 will one day be as helpful as Samwise Gamgeekickflip329 will one day be as helpful as Samwise Gamgeekickflip329 will one day be as helpful as Samwise Gamgeekickflip329 will one day be as helpful as Samwise Gamgeekickflip329 will one day be as helpful as Samwise Gamgeekickflip329 will one day be as helpful as Samwise Gamgeekickflip329 will one day be as helpful as Samwise Gamgeekickflip329 will one day be as helpful as Samwise Gamgee
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenDog View Post
Im not too sure about this general thing either, but servers are down for what I know of. but IEXPLORE.EXE is something random from Internet Explorer.

I also wonder if it comes inside besides the disc?
The Disk slot looks big enough were is could hold two+ disks, if that's what you're talking about. Don't know where the other disk is as I didn't get it.
The only thing I saw besides the disk was a membership code.
Old 05-18-2015, 09:13 PM
GenDog's Main Toon Info

Alright :p

Those things are rare these days....

Can I see a picture on what the case looks like?
Old 05-18-2015, 09:52 PM
Crazy/BurntPizza/Comet/FreezerBurn
Spiker057's Main Toon Info

My Mood: ToonEnough
Spiker057 is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookSpiker057 is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookSpiker057 is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookSpiker057 is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookSpiker057 is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookSpiker057 is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookSpiker057 is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookSpiker057 is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookSpiker057 is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookSpiker057 is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbook
This is pretty cool! This kind of stuff is right down my alley. While the phase files from 2004 have already been leaked to the internet, it would still be worth it to poke around inside these phase files. The disc may have had slightly earlier versions of the files than the digitally downloaded ones from 2004. I think it would be worth a shot looking at those files.
Old 05-18-2015, 09:55 PM
Prince Comet Megazap
Dawson's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Sneezy
Dawson is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseDawson is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseDawson is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseDawson is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseDawson is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseDawson is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseDawson is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseDawson is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseDawson is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseDawson is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseDawson is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mouse
There used to be adverts in the back of my Archie comic books for the Toontown Online CD-ROM game (this was about 10 or 11 years back). I never understood why people would ever want to by a CD-ROM for something that they could just download off the internet for 'free'.

I guess I'm back for a little while!

Why don't you check out my story if you've got the time? :)
Old 05-18-2015, 09:57 PM
Crazy/BurntPizza/Comet/FreezerBurn
Spiker057's Main Toon Info

My Mood: ToonEnough
Spiker057 is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookSpiker057 is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookSpiker057 is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookSpiker057 is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookSpiker057 is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookSpiker057 is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookSpiker057 is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookSpiker057 is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookSpiker057 is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookSpiker057 is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawson View Post
There used to be adverts in the back of my Archie comic books for the Toontown Online CD-ROM game (this was about 10 or 11 years back). I never understood why people would ever want to by a CD-ROM for something that they could just download off the internet for 'free'.
Some people prefer to have the actual physical copy, but I agree, it's rather pointless in a case where you have to pay to play. It's rather convenient for the TTR team, though. There are a lot of unused goodies in the old CD-ROM phase files.
Old 05-18-2015, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawson View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiker057 View Post
Some people prefer to have the actual physical copy, but I agree, it's rather pointless in a case where you have to pay to play. It's rather convenient for the TTR team, though. There are a lot of unused goodies in the old CD-ROM phase files.

It's a collectors item. And that is very special for me.
Plus, I have Newsletters in great condition from 2007 - 2010 (when they stopped producing newsletters).
And trading cards. A LOT of trading cards.
Also, I would love to see what could possibly be the old factory designs when they were in development.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiker057 View Post
This is pretty cool! This kind of stuff is right down my alley. While the phase files from 2004 have already been leaked to the internet, it would still be worth it to poke around inside these phase files. The disc may have had slightly earlier versions of the files than the digitally downloaded ones from 2004. I think it would be worth a shot looking at those files.
Wouldn't know how to access it. I went to the file location, and it's a shortcut most likely to the website as I can't get anywhere past that.
Old 05-18-2015, 11:36 PM
GenDog's Main Toon Info

Thats impressive that you have these awesome collectives!

I have a TT 1.0.27 (Sep 2002) installer somewhere but I get errors as well because they changed servers on beta then actual game. (Its more of a fix come to think of it)

I could post pics (which is proof I have it) and maybe a place to get it bc I got it from an MMOCentral archive!
Old 05-19-2015, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenDog View Post
Thats impressive that you have these awesome collectives!

I have a TT 1.0.27 (Sep 2002) installer somewhere but I get errors as well because they changed servers on beta then actual game. (Its more of a fix come to think of it)

I could post pics (which is proof I have it) and maybe a place to get it bc I got it from an MMOCentral archive!
Could I see the pictures? I'm intrigued
Old 05-19-2015, 12:28 AM
GenDog's Main Toon Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickflip329 View Post
Could I see the pictures? I'm intrigued
This may not look so default because it is a fix for those whose Toontown broke

Before install

Installer

Patch fixes after install

Scroll down this page until you see something that says 1.0.29 (which turns to be 1.0.27 for a weird reason) -> Page

Last edited by Salty Pinkercrumbs; 05-19-2015 at 04:16 PM.. Reason: Added images to post
Old 05-19-2015, 08:44 AM
Likes cogs. Like a lot
Brownster's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Cogish
Brownster has the heart of a hobbit!Brownster has the heart of a hobbit!Brownster has the heart of a hobbit!Brownster has the heart of a hobbit!Brownster has the heart of a hobbit!Brownster has the heart of a hobbit!Brownster has the heart of a hobbit!Brownster has the heart of a hobbit!Brownster has the heart of a hobbit!Brownster has the heart of a hobbit!Brownster has the heart of a hobbit!
i actually have three copies of the Toontown CDs! they came with a bunch of extra games on them, which was pretty interesting :P

i believe all of the TTO source up to 2003 has been leaked? what we don't have are beta/alpha models... except for a few of them? some people have models of a factory prototype and such, but that might of been in the 2003 files.

EDIT; though maybe it's worth noting my CDs are from the UK version of the game. so they might have something we don't already have? i'd have to take a look haha
Old 05-19-2015, 10:50 AM
ttc forever
Dom_'s Main Toon Info

My Mood: Starving
Dom_ is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseDom_ is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseDom_ is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseDom_ is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseDom_ is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseDom_ is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseDom_ is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseDom_ is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseDom_ is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseDom_ is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseDom_ is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mouse
I think I still have a physical Toontown case somewhere. Those were the days! I remember begging my parents to buy me it at Walmart or something like that I'll post pictures of it when I find it. It's not as old; it's from 2007.
Old 05-19-2015, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom_ View Post
I think I still have a physical Toontown case somewhere. Those were the days! I remember begging my parents to buy me it at Walmart or something like that I'll post pictures of it when I find it. It's not as old; it's from 2007.
I would still like to see it, if you can find it. Does it look like the one I posted? Because if there are different models throughout the lifespan of the physical copies then it might be another undiscovered treasure in the history of Toontown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownster View Post
i actually have three copies of the Toontown CDs! they came with a bunch of extra games on them, which was pretty interesting :P

i believe all of the TTO source up to 2003 has been leaked? what we don't have are beta/alpha models... except for a few of them? some people have models of a factory prototype and such, but that might of been in the 2003 files.

EDIT; though maybe it's worth noting my CDs are from the UK version of the game. so they might have something we don't already have? i'd have to take a look haha
3 CDs? Do you think I was cheated if I only got one CD? Or is that native to the UK release only? We could learn a lot from yours as well, do you have the manual? What are the games on the CDs? And what does the box art look like?

Thanks for posting!
Old 05-19-2015, 02:02 PM
GenDog's Main Toon Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickflip329 View Post
I would still like to see it, if you can find it. Does it look like the one I posted? Because if there are different models throughout the lifespan of the physical copies then it might be another undiscovered treasure in the history of Toontown.

3 CDs? Do you think I was cheated if I only got one CD? Or is that native to the UK release only? We could learn a lot from yours as well, do you have the manual? What are the games on the CDs? And what does the box art look like?

Thanks for posting!
I think brownster bought 3 physical copies of toontown online UK