Go Back   MMO Central Forums > Site Content > News Articles

Notices

News Articles News Articles -- MMO Gaming News, MCF Official Contests & Awards Threads!

Old An Update on Sellbot Field Offices

Login or Register now to see fewer ads.

Old 09-12-2020, 06:37 PM
some CCG mod that loves kirby
Gigi's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Author
Gigi has the heart of a hobbit!Gigi has the heart of a hobbit!Gigi has the heart of a hobbit!Gigi has the heart of a hobbit!Gigi has the heart of a hobbit!Gigi has the heart of a hobbit!Gigi has the heart of a hobbit!Gigi has the heart of a hobbit!Gigi has the heart of a hobbit!Gigi has the heart of a hobbit!Gigi has the heart of a hobbit!
TTRNews An Update on Sellbot Field Offices

An Update on Sellbot Field Offices

Posted by The Toontown Team on September 12, 2020 at 11:00 AM

Back at ToonFest 2018, we took the stage to announce a huge new update that was coming soon to Toontown: Sellbot Field Offices. The secret that keen-eyed viewers might notice, however... Is that they still aren't here. As often happens in game development, our vision for this update has changed significantly over the years, and in retrospect we absolutely announced it much too early.

Because of how much excitement has been generated about this expansion, we want to make sure that we’re entirely clear about what you can expect when it comes to Sellbot Field Offices at this year’s event.

Click the image to view the full version

What you won’t see during ToonFest:
  • A release date for the Sellbot Field Offices expansion
  • Elements of the expansion that are being intentionally hidden until release (The Boiler Room, Toon Resistance Hideout, etc.)
  • Sellbot Field Offices 2: Dawn of the Ice Desks
  • Anything cloud-related

What you will see during ToonFest:
  • Updates to previously-revealed Sellbot Field Office gameplay footage
  • Estimates about what’s left to complete for the expansion
  • Changes that our team has made to improve development efficiency for current and future content
  • Smaller things we’ve worked on outside of this expansion

One of our highest priorities for the Sellbot Field Offices expansion is to make sure that the update is full of outrageously fun and carefully-crafted Toontown content that will give all of us Toontown fans something new to enjoy for years to come.

Our absolute highest priority, however, is to create this content without sacrificing the health of the Toons who are putting so much of their free time into developing it for us. This means that we haven't been able to create this content as fast as we hoped for, but we will continue to work as quickly as possible to complete Sellbot Field Offices without sacrificing our standards for mental health and quality.

We have learned and grown a lot as developers and individuals during our time working on this expansion, and will continue to learn as much as we can as we finish it up. In the future, we hope that the lessons we've learned will allow better equip us to be better developers to implement the ambitious dreams that we all know Toontown deserves -- without repeating our past mistakes.

Thank you all for your patience, understanding, and amazing support as we wrap up this expansion! We hope that you’ll tune in during the "Behind the Tooniverse" segment of ToonFest to hear more about what we’re doing to finish strong.
Old 09-13-2020, 04:56 AM
He's going over that cliff!
Wonder101's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Naughty
Wonder101 has the heart of a hobbit!Wonder101 has the heart of a hobbit!Wonder101 has the heart of a hobbit!Wonder101 has the heart of a hobbit!Wonder101 has the heart of a hobbit!Wonder101 has the heart of a hobbit!Wonder101 has the heart of a hobbit!Wonder101 has the heart of a hobbit!Wonder101 has the heart of a hobbit!Wonder101 has the heart of a hobbit!Wonder101 has the heart of a hobbit!
Not surprised about the delay in the slightest. In fact, I would have been more shocked if they were going to release them on the Toonfest deadline. Well, hopefully 2030 will be their year .
Old 09-13-2020, 05:01 AM
the greatest medicine is faith🤘🏽
Funkykong65's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Hopeful
Funkykong65 will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeFunkykong65 will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeFunkykong65 will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeFunkykong65 will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeFunkykong65 will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeFunkykong65 will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeFunkykong65 will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeFunkykong65 will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeFunkykong65 will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeFunkykong65 will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeFunkykong65 will one day be as helpful as Samwise Gamgee
I'm just happy to see they're being transparent about field offices.
Old 09-13-2020, 05:07 AM
Toontown addict
Master Chipper's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Gnarly
Master Chipper has the heart of a hobbit!Master Chipper has the heart of a hobbit!Master Chipper has the heart of a hobbit!Master Chipper has the heart of a hobbit!Master Chipper has the heart of a hobbit!Master Chipper has the heart of a hobbit!Master Chipper has the heart of a hobbit!Master Chipper has the heart of a hobbit!Master Chipper has the heart of a hobbit!Master Chipper has the heart of a hobbit!Master Chipper has the heart of a hobbit!
A bit underwhelming, but it's nice to see what they've been up to.
Old 09-13-2020, 12:18 PM
Let's riot!
toontowndude's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Cool
toontowndude is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mousetoontowndude is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mousetoontowndude is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mousetoontowndude is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mousetoontowndude is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mousetoontowndude is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mousetoontowndude is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mousetoontowndude is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mousetoontowndude is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mousetoontowndude is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mousetoontowndude is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mouse
I admire their honesty, at least.

King Droopy Electrohoffer - Squeaky Clean - Anita Mouse
Miss Bubbles Fizzlespinner - Zero Evil - Prince Scooter - Fluffy Fifi Furball - Milkshake
Deer E. Meigh - Ruby Gloom - Bunny The Robot Slayer - Auroara Bearealis - Angel Delight

My Profile | PM Me | CCG