Go Back   MMO Central Forums > Site Content > News Articles > ToonTown News Archive

Notices

ToonTown News Archive Old TT News

Old TTC Moving Forward

Login or Register now to see fewer ads.

Old 09-25-2013, 11:46 PM
Heinous Hare
Evil Kid Bugs's Main Toon Info

Evil Kid Bugs is Evil Kid BugsEvil Kid Bugs is Evil Kid BugsEvil Kid Bugs is Evil Kid BugsEvil Kid Bugs is Evil Kid BugsEvil Kid Bugs is Evil Kid BugsEvil Kid Bugs is Evil Kid BugsEvil Kid Bugs is Evil Kid BugsEvil Kid Bugs is Evil Kid BugsEvil Kid Bugs is Evil Kid BugsEvil Kid Bugs is Evil Kid BugsEvil Kid Bugs is Evil Kid Bugs
We're all gonna look pretty silly when Di$ney has the secret TTO test server back up and hackable on January 14 2014.
Old 09-26-2013, 12:19 AM
Moved on to W101
peanutbutterandjelly's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Angelic
peanutbutterandjelly is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mousepeanutbutterandjelly is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mousepeanutbutterandjelly is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mousepeanutbutterandjelly is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mousepeanutbutterandjelly is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mousepeanutbutterandjelly is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mousepeanutbutterandjelly is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mousepeanutbutterandjelly is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mousepeanutbutterandjelly is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mousepeanutbutterandjelly is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mousepeanutbutterandjelly is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mouse
What about our TTC statistics? For example, where it says "Toon details #1", "toon details #2", etc.?

Will that change under the new format?
Old 09-26-2013, 12:59 AM
Pie-throwin' till the end
Chariot's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Goofyy
Chariot will soon be Dungeon Master!
What other MMOs will the new website cover besides Toontown? (I know this has probably been answered before, though)
Old 09-26-2013, 01:16 AM
situationally retired
PwnerJohn's Main Toon Info

My Mood: LiveChat
PwnerJohn helps all the newbs!PwnerJohn helps all the newbs!PwnerJohn helps all the newbs!
Are forum skins going to be moved as well? I've taking a liking to The Brrrgh skin since it was released. Would be sad to see it go.
Old 09-26-2013, 02:05 AM
CCG welcomes everyone mmocentralforums.com/ccg
Pancake Glittersprinkles's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Adventurous
Pancake Glittersprinkles has the heart of a hobbit!Pancake Glittersprinkles has the heart of a hobbit!Pancake Glittersprinkles has the heart of a hobbit!Pancake Glittersprinkles has the heart of a hobbit!Pancake Glittersprinkles has the heart of a hobbit!Pancake Glittersprinkles has the heart of a hobbit!Pancake Glittersprinkles has the heart of a hobbit!Pancake Glittersprinkles has the heart of a hobbit!Pancake Glittersprinkles has the heart of a hobbit!Pancake Glittersprinkles has the heart of a hobbit!Pancake Glittersprinkles has the heart of a hobbit!
All I have to say is, thank you for keeping it G-Rated. I am not a younger child, but I do appreciate the consideration and thoughts for those who are and also the parents whose children browse the site.

Great work guys and I can't wait to see the new site!
Old 09-26-2013, 03:08 AM
Too bad, Waluigi time!
Gekkouga64's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Ghosty
Gekkouga64 will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeGekkouga64 will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeGekkouga64 will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeGekkouga64 will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeGekkouga64 will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeGekkouga64 will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeGekkouga64 will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeGekkouga64 will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeGekkouga64 will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeGekkouga64 will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeGekkouga64 will one day be as helpful as Samwise Gamgee
Really interesting stuff! I'm really happy we're gonna stick with the G-rating, which is really what made this place so great. :)

One question though; will the site be for discussion of MMOs only, or will there also be areas regarding other types of gaming (ie: consoles and handhelds)?
Old 09-26-2013, 08:28 AM
Really a shame.
DvoraKing's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Toony
DvoraKing is famous at conventions.DvoraKing is famous at conventions.DvoraKing is famous at conventions.DvoraKing is famous at conventions.DvoraKing is famous at conventions.DvoraKing is famous at conventions.
Sorry to say, I don't think I like this at all. Toontown Central is Toontown Central. It just won't be the same.
Old 09-26-2013, 03:55 PM
Hello .-.
Spade's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Adventurous
Spade is famous at conventions.Spade is famous at conventions.Spade is famous at conventions.Spade is famous at conventions.Spade is famous at conventions.Spade is famous at conventions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvorakian Rebel View Post
Sorry to say, I don't think I like this at all. Toontown Central is Toontown Central. It just won't be the same.
100% Agreed. I really don't think I'll be staying around long after this get's put in. There are hundreds of MMO forum sites out there but there are only a few Toontown fansites.
Old 09-26-2013, 04:00 PM
Not Captain Macaroni
CaptainMac's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Toony
CaptainMac has the heart of a hobbit!CaptainMac has the heart of a hobbit!CaptainMac has the heart of a hobbit!CaptainMac has the heart of a hobbit!CaptainMac has the heart of a hobbit!CaptainMac has the heart of a hobbit!CaptainMac has the heart of a hobbit!CaptainMac has the heart of a hobbit!CaptainMac has the heart of a hobbit!CaptainMac has the heart of a hobbit!CaptainMac has the heart of a hobbit!
Quote:
If you are a member of another site it will be necessary to register on the current www.ToontownCentral.com. We will be transferring all subscriptions (and a few other account perks as well!) from each archived site to the new MMOCentralForums.com.
Let's say we have an account on another forum, such as POF. Will the new forum recognize that they have the same email and combine the POF account posts with the TTC account, even though those posts are archived?
Old 09-26-2013, 04:41 PM
Don't leave your seats now!
Fynks's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Festive
Fynks glows with inner TooninessFynks glows with inner TooninessFynks glows with inner TooninessFynks glows with inner TooninessFynks glows with inner TooninessFynks glows with inner TooninessFynks glows with inner Tooniness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvorakian Rebel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
100% Agreed. I really don't think I'll be staying around long after this get's put in. There are hundreds of MMO forum sites out there but there are only a few Toontown fansites.
I completely agree, as well. Though, I'm going to stick around after the change just to give it a chance, but I will be moving forward if I don't like it, overall and after all.

Even though some.may not like it, I just wany to give a big thank you for at least trying to keep TTC alive in some way. Many people appreciate it, as do I.

Last edited by Fynks; 09-28-2013 at 04:00 AM..
Old 09-26-2013, 05:18 PM
Game Over
Nodog438's Main Toon Info

My Mood: VP
Nodog438 helps all the newbs!Nodog438 helps all the newbs!
Can you move all the topics here? Would be a pleasure.
Old 09-26-2013, 05:35 PM
Taking the Scenic Route
Captain D's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Amazed
Captain D helps all the newbs!Captain D helps all the newbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batleth View Post
We will continue to use vB3.8.7 software. We've been unable to find a more updated software that offers as many features, easy to manage, and be cost effective. New versions of vB tend to be very buggy and lots of security holes. Other versions of free forum software just don't have half the features we have now nor as easy to manage. Other paid versions of forum software cost a great deal more, if we want to keep most or similar features that we already have. As well as costing us $100s of USD (probably in the range of $600+) to make the transfer to find out that we've still lost some features, none of our old skins would work, a huge learning curve to the new software for the admins, and many other database and coding issues.

As you've probably guessed, I've been following this situation closely and I'm just not happy with it. Nor are a lot of other admins. Forum software is going thru a huge change right now to try to compete with other social media sites styles such as facebook, twitter, etc. Perhaps once the dust clears, we can finally find something worth changing over to. Till then, we're not making any drastic software changes.
I think, considering vBulletin 3.8.7 is an older forum solution, it might be worth your while to change to Invision Power Services, as the company is more service friendly and has stronger, more organized software than vBulletin has. Additionally, the software is easily modifiable and CSS design can easily be implemented.

I don't know how this new operation will go over, but I'm interested in seeing what the first week holds. TTC has always been Toontown to me, so a change like this puts me on the fence.
Old 09-26-2013, 06:10 PM
Toontown Rewritten Tester
mrpiggywinkles's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Sad
mrpiggywinkles is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookmrpiggywinkles is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookmrpiggywinkles is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookmrpiggywinkles is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookmrpiggywinkles is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookmrpiggywinkles is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookmrpiggywinkles is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookmrpiggywinkles is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookmrpiggywinkles is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain D View Post

I don't know how this new operation will go over, but I'm interested in seeing what the first week holds. TTC has always been Toontown to me, so a change like this puts me on the fence.
Well said. I mean we can already discuss Wizard101 etc. in the off topic forums. Honestly I may consider leaving when this change happens. If the mods go ahead with it despite outcry from users the it seems like they have no regard for what we want. The users.

Obviously this isn't a democracy. But still, I'd like to voice my opinion.
Old 09-26-2013, 06:29 PM
TesterToon
Midnite Purr's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Gnarly
Midnite Purr has the heart of a hobbit!Midnite Purr has the heart of a hobbit!Midnite Purr has the heart of a hobbit!Midnite Purr has the heart of a hobbit!Midnite Purr has the heart of a hobbit!Midnite Purr has the heart of a hobbit!Midnite Purr has the heart of a hobbit!Midnite Purr has the heart of a hobbit!Midnite Purr has the heart of a hobbit!Midnite Purr has the heart of a hobbit!Midnite Purr has the heart of a hobbit!
I'm sure you thought long and hard about this decision. It sounds like a great one. While I don't play MMOs, many do. Great idea to have a spot for those who played together in TT to meet up and discuss other games.
Old 09-26-2013, 06:44 PM
TesterToon
toontown dawg's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Dawggish
toontown dawg has the heart of a hobbit!toontown dawg has the heart of a hobbit!toontown dawg has the heart of a hobbit!toontown dawg has the heart of a hobbit!toontown dawg has the heart of a hobbit!toontown dawg has the heart of a hobbit!toontown dawg has the heart of a hobbit!toontown dawg has the heart of a hobbit!toontown dawg has the heart of a hobbit!toontown dawg has the heart of a hobbit!toontown dawg has the heart of a hobbit!
Thank you guys for not closing these fansites.

TTC is my second home ;)