• MMO Central Home
  • MMO Central Forums
  • MMO Central Gallery
  • User Control Panel
  • Register!
  • Lose Your Marbles? Click Here!

Go Back   MMO Central Forums > Creative Muse > Games

Notices

Games Have a game you've made and want to share? Share it here! Not a forum for recruitment or starter for projects. This forum is moderated.

Old An Idea for an MMO

Login or Register now to see fewer ads.

Old 10-13-2014, 05:26 PM
living life

My Mood: Adventurous
Bongo Rock is a true gamer.Bongo Rock is a true gamer.Bongo Rock is a true gamer.Bongo Rock is a true gamer.Bongo Rock is a true gamer.Bongo Rock is a true gamer.Bongo Rock is a true gamer.Bongo Rock is a true gamer.
Idea An Idea for an MMO

Hello everyone, I would like to share an idea I have thought of for an MMO.
Right now, it is just a thought in my head, later on I will create concept art and actually make it a project somehow. I am not very experienced in game development yet, but I have creativity and intellect.

My idea is a game called ...
MIX!
Mix is a 3-Dimensional MMORPG centered around cooking, offering a fun, comical, culinary adventure for players. The game takes place in a vast world, with many unique areas to explore, including farm(s), jungle(s), and mountain(s). Music would be emphasized in the game (soundtracks would be rather lengthy, with high quality sound), but comical enough to create a fun, pleasant feel.
Characters will be based on certain mammals, such as bears, dogs, cats, rabbits, and monkeys. Characters would go around completing tasks, or "recipes", to gain things to advance in the game, such as "skill points", "mastery points", or items. Some tasks have multiple recipes to be completed.
To progress through the game, most situations will involve defeating all sorts of enemies, many, but not all of which are based on food items. Characters will need "skills" to defeat these enemies. New characters start off with certain skills, but can upgrade them as they earn skill points, and learn new ones later on in the game. As skills are upgraded, they get better and better until they are finished being upgraded.
"professions" are what mastery points are used for. Professions include gardening, fishing, baking and cooking. Those are all different activities besides fighting enemies that players use to advance through the game.
"Stars" represent a character's rank in the game. To get each star, a certain a certain amount of mastery points are required to be used. The requirement gets higher for each star. There are 7 stars to get as a character.
"Companies" are different major restaurants in the game that players can choose to be the employer of their character. Working for each restaurant gives perks and disadvantages to player, when it comes to fighting enemies and other activities. Also, working for different restaurants gives a player a different line of tasks to do.

The Four Companies:

Byrd's: This is a chicken restaurant company owned by a dog named Bigtooth. He plays a key role in your tasks if you choose to work for him. Players that work for Byrd's are known as fry cooks. Fry cooks' HP is multiplied by 5 each time they get a star. Fry cooks are strongest in Cooking, while baking is omitted altogether.

Fish World: This is a fish restaurant and market company owned by a monkey named Sonny. He plays a key role in your tasks if you choose to work for him. Players that work for Fish World are known as fishermen. Fishermen's HP is multipled by 4 each time they get a star. Fishermen are strongest in Fishing, while gardening is omitted altogether.

Honey's Bakery: This is a bakery company owned by a bear named Honey. She plays a key role in your tasks if you work for her. Players that work for Honey's Bakery are known as bakers. Bakers' HP is multiplied by 2 each time they get a star. Bakers are strongest in Baking, while fishing is omitted altogether.

Sizzle: This is a restaurant company owned by a cat named Sanji. He plays a key role in your tasks if you work for him. Players that work for Sizzle are known as line cooks. Line cooks' HP is multiplied by 3 each time they get a star. Line cooks are equally strong in all activities.

Mechanics:
What gives characters freedom to make themselves unique comes not only from the different companies, is using skill and mastery points. Each time these points are received, they can be applied to any available skills and activities that the player chooses. However, sometimes mastery points from tasks will only be applied to one activity, based on which company the player is doing the task for. Characters will also be able to buy, sell, and trade clothes and accessories to customize themselves however they want to, while having fun by traveling the in-game world, fighting different enemies, and meeting other players. In the first set of tasks a character does, they are not yet working for a company. When he/she receives the first star, the HP is doubled, no matter who they are planning to work for. The stars that are earned later in the game, after an employer is chosen, then receiving stars will have different HP multipliers.

Battle System:
Battling enemies in Mix is simple. Certain keys would activate certain skills. Different attacks would damage enemies that move around, all in a 3-dimensional world.
For example, if there was a skill called "punch", the player's character would punch forward, damaging any enemy in range of that punch. Basically, attacks would be 3D shapes that would damage enemies in the same location as them.

Activities:
The activities mentioned before (Gardening, fishing, cooking, baking) are primarily used to benefit the player in different ways. Players can grow, fish, cook, and bake items that can be used to complete recipes or replenish HP. Some skills would also require mastery points in a certain activity.
Gardening:
Gardening allows the player to grow different vegetables, herbs, and other plants. Gardening would help a player gain helpful herbs quickly. Those who are strong in gardening would easily have items for tasks, and be able to replenish a lot of their HP in battle.
Fishing:
Fishing also helps the player receive helpful items, especially for cash. The bigger the fish are, the more cash they are worth. Those who are strong in fishing can gain a lot of money easily.
Cooking: All players are especially good at cooking. This skill allows players to create even better items using those received in other activities, such as fishing and gardening. Those who are strongest in cooking have access to items that are not easily found in any other way, giving fry cooks the most access to high-quality foods that can be sold for a lot of money, or eaten for a lot of HP, and other helpful effects. However, it is not as easy for them to get their hands on baked goods.
Baking: Being a baker means low HP, so baking needs to have a lot of perks. Many dishes can only be created by baking, meaning a fry cook would need to grind pretty hard for a baked good he or she needed. Also, very strong skills would be learned from having high mastery in baking.

This may seem pretty elaborate for just an idea, but who knows what it will evolve into in the future?!

Thank you for reading!

Hope you like my idea.

Last edited by Bongo Rock; 10-13-2014 at 10:15 PM.
Old 10-13-2014, 07:35 PM
conquorer of all toontown

My Mood: Aggressive
bloodsucker12234 is famous at conventions.bloodsucker12234 is famous at conventions.bloodsucker12234 is famous at conventions.bloodsucker12234 is famous at conventions.bloodsucker12234 is famous at conventions.bloodsucker12234 is famous at conventions.
And what prey tell ate the enemies you fight, and what is the battle system like. That's major in many MMO gamed mainly the battle statistics.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:09 PM
Dyno... BOOM!!!

My Mood: ToonEnough
Dynaboom has an achievement named after them!Dynaboom has an achievement named after them!Dynaboom has an achievement named after them!Dynaboom has an achievement named after them!Dynaboom has an achievement named after them!Dynaboom has an achievement named after them!Dynaboom has an achievement named after them!Dynaboom has an achievement named after them!Dynaboom has an achievement named after them!
Not sure if this sounds like a good game or not, but it doesn't sound like this game NEEDS to be an MMO. It sounds like it could be single player, maybe with a few multiplayer elements thrown in.

The chicken restaurant sounds over powered with + 5x Your HP every time you get a star there. Sounds like people would go there first, but mess up their stats.

The ACTUAL way to get the most Health Points would be to work in this order:

Baker (2x), Line cook (3x), Fisherman (4x), then Fry Cook (5x).

Let's say you start out with 100 HP and you can only get 1 star per job.
100 x 2=200
200 x 3=600
600 x 4=2,400
2,400 x 5=12,000

Now let's try it in the opposite order.
100 x 5=500
500 x 4=2,000
2,000 x 3=6,000
6,000 x 2=12,000

Wait, you get the same HP either way? Odd...

There are still a lot of blanks to fill in here. How does fishing, gardening, and baking work? Is fishing like Toontown, or do you have to buy a boat to try for the best fish? Is it fun to clean the boat and make sure it's still operational?

How does combat work, and how does the player learn about the combat? How would multiplayer make this system more enjoyable?

Where does this all take place? What visual style, what kind of music is playing?

I hear an MMO isn't a good first game to make, at least as a company. Maybe you should start smaller. You're sure to learn a lot.

Idk, you could make a game where you can fry an egg then sell it.

I wonder if this MIX! game will ever be a real MMO. Would be interesting to see, I think.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:57 PM
living life

My Mood: Adventurous
Bongo Rock is a true gamer.Bongo Rock is a true gamer.Bongo Rock is a true gamer.Bongo Rock is a true gamer.Bongo Rock is a true gamer.Bongo Rock is a true gamer.Bongo Rock is a true gamer.Bongo Rock is a true gamer.
Thanks for the feedback guys!
I have edited my post accordingly.
Old 05-03-2015, 02:07 AM
METROID PRIME 4

My Mood: Annoyed
Cog Detective Turbo is famous at conventions.Cog Detective Turbo is famous at conventions.Cog Detective Turbo is famous at conventions.Cog Detective Turbo is famous at conventions.Cog Detective Turbo is famous at conventions.Cog Detective Turbo is famous at conventions.
omg love it
Old 11-09-2015, 07:55 PM
Nobody puts Gen. Dog in the corner!

My Mood: Cog-Like
GenDog found a Crystal of Light!GenDog found a Crystal of Light!GenDog found a Crystal of Light!GenDog found a Crystal of Light!
You should somehow get a start to an actual prototype to the game.
I love the idea you got so far with it.
Prototype should be singleplayer until you can get servers and features in the game.