Go Back   MMO Central Forums > Other > Downloads

Notices

Downloads Game extras, multimedia files and discussions of files go here. All rights reserved, copyrights and trademarks by the original creator are observed. Any violations will result in a quick deletion from these forums. This forum is moderated!

Old TTR Launcher news fix

Login or Register now to see fewer ads.

Old 09-19-2018, 08:07 PM
situationally retired
PwnerJohn's Main Toon Info

My Mood: LiveChat
PwnerJohn could defeat Bowser one-handed!PwnerJohn could defeat Bowser one-handed!PwnerJohn could defeat Bowser one-handed!
TTR Launcher news fix

So everyone knows that TTR's news panel on the launcher has been broken for quite some time now on some computers. Word on the street is that they're working on a new launcher, so this guide will probably become irrelevant soon. But, for now, I hope this guide fixes your lack of news on the launcher! This has been tested on the latest launcher (v1.2.3).

The launcher, at least on Windows, is missing two files that allow the launcher to grab news from the site. Specifically, they're OpenSSL 1.0.2 dll files: libeay32.dll and slleay32.dll. The files are definitely uploaded out there somewhere, and with a little Google search, you can probably find these files without a problem. However, download those files at your own risk because those files may have been tampered with.

For a lesser-risk approach, you can download the OpenSSL dll files here. I got the URL from the OpenSSL wiki page, linked here, so it should be safe, more or less. OpenSSL always suggests to compile your own binaries, for the lowest risk, but that's too much lot of work for many of us.

Once you're on the webpage, you're going to want to download "Win32 OpenSSL v1.0.2p Light" that you can see if you scroll down the page. I have linked the download here for convenience. Even if you are running 64-bit Windows, you need to download this version because TTR is a 32-bit game.

Now that you've downloaded the installer, you're going to (obviously) install it. Double click on the file and go ahead in the installation process.

1. Accept the agreement. Press Next.
2. Put the location of the file anywhere you want, or leave it at the default place. Press Next.
3. Name the Start Menu shortcut whatever you want, or leave it at the default name. Press Next.
4. You can click either buttons... see below.
4a. If you want to have your entire computer to use this version of OpenSSL, click the first button (The Windows system directory). Press Next.
4b. I recommend this one. If you want to have just TTR have the files, click the second button (The OpenSSL binaries (/bin) directory). Press Next.
5. Press Install.
6. Uncheck the donation check (it's checked by default) and press Finish.

If you had the installer copy the files to the Windows system directory (4a), then you're done now and don't need to do anything else. If you had it copied to the OpenSSL /bin directory (4b), then we need to manually copy over the two files.

7. Navigate to C:\OpenSSL-Win32 (or wherever your OpenSSL files are located) and you should see libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll. Copy those files to C:\Program Files (x86)\Toontown Rewritten (or wherever your TTR installation is).
8. Go back to C:\OpenSSL-Win32 and uninstall it (unins000.exe) because we have the files we need and copied them over. You don't have to do this, but might as well since we don't need it anymore.

At this point, you can launch the launcher and the news should pop up! If not, try a restart and it should work afterwards. If it still doesn't work, feel free to post here and we can troubleshoot.

Photos coming eventually.

Last edited by PwnerJohn; 09-19-2018 at 11:18 PM..
Old 09-19-2018, 09:53 PM
Soundless is growl
Lori's Main Toon Info

My Mood: ToonEnough
Lori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mouse
Hmm I've always had the news on my launcher. This isn't normal?
Old 09-19-2018, 11:14 PM
situationally retired
PwnerJohn's Main Toon Info

My Mood: LiveChat
PwnerJohn could defeat Bowser one-handed!PwnerJohn could defeat Bowser one-handed!PwnerJohn could defeat Bowser one-handed!
News being on your launcher SHOULD be normal, but for some reasons some computers do not have the necessary dll files for it to work. Both of my computers do not have the news working by default.
Old 12-29-2020, 03:41 AM
Are You Toon Enough?
Fat Cranky Bizzenblabber's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Sad
Fat Cranky Bizzenblabber was one of the first to find ^^vv<><>BA
Icon7 Toontown Launcher 1.2.5

Since the new Toontown Rewritten launcher got updated to 1.2.5 the necessary files you need has changed.
You now need the 64bit and 32bit files to be able to see news.
libeay32.dll and libeay64.dll
ssleay32.dll and ssleay64.dll

Copy them files in to your toontown folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Toontown Rewritten) and restart it, and you should see news appear.

Thanks to Trick_TTR for finding this out.
Old 12-29-2020, 07:32 AM
TesterToon
Legendary Black Cat's Main Toon Info

My Mood: None
Legendary Black Cat glows with inner TooninessLegendary Black Cat glows with inner TooninessLegendary Black Cat glows with inner TooninessLegendary Black Cat glows with inner TooninessLegendary Black Cat glows with inner TooninessLegendary Black Cat glows with inner TooninessLegendary Black Cat glows with inner Tooniness
This may or may not belong here, but am I the only one who can't get the game to launch? I know there's something going on, but I didn't have any issues all day until late at night. Now it crashes immediately every time I try to launch the game. It says "encountered a fatal error" or something. I just wasn't sure if it's a widespread problem or if something is going on on my end.
Old 12-29-2020, 11:57 AM
Soundless is growl
Lori's Main Toon Info

My Mood: ToonEnough
Lori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mouse
It's a widespread issue. Information can be found here https://status.toontownrewritten.com/incidents/48

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk