• MMO Central Home
  • MMO Central Forums
  • MMO Central Gallery
  • User Control Panel
  • Register!
  • Lose Your Marbles? Click Here!

Go Back   MMO Central Forums > Other Games > The Sims

Notices

The Sims Discussion forum for The Sims -- Are you a fan of living other people's lives?

Old (TS4) Your Fave EP/GP/SP?

Login or Register now to see fewer ads.

Old 06-17-2020, 03:30 PM
Citrusy Toon

My Mood: Cookies
Lucky Lemonloop was one of the first to find ^^vv<><>BA
(TS4) Your Fave EP/GP/SP?

I'm curious, what's your guys' fave expansion/game/stuff pack? And why? Despite many criticisms I have towards EA, The Sims franchise is still one of my faves and Sims 4 is so addicting. I also think listing our faves can lend a good idea what people should expect and make choosing packs a bit easier. (I recommend focusing on gameplay elements, not just objects/clothes, but really any info is great!) For me, it's...

Expansion Pack: Eco Lifestyle
Spoiler for Why Eco Lifestyle?:
I think this pack adds new dynamic in terms of challenging the player down to basic house usage (similar to Tiny Living.) When I first started out using this, it took me awhile to get a hang of familiarizing myself with how it works-- and I don't mean that negatively. There's quite a bit to explore and to try out, such as how you can change house payments and add reductions to your bills to increase the ecosystem in your town. Also the voting system for what new rules we can implement for the town is fun! Sometimes I like to get chaotic and make it so that everyone has to fight each other, or force everyone in town to exercise more. And this is just first diving into the pack-- speaking of which.. you can also dumpster dive LOL.

Honorary Mentions: Get to Work, Island Living, and Get Famous

Game Pack: Vampires
Spoiler for Why Vampires?:
Gothic clothing and making vampires? I don't think I need to say much else! (Although Mermaids are pretty cool too, but that's in the Island Living expansion pack.) I like some of the more comedic aspect of the pack first and foremost. During the first week when moving into a town with a new Sim, let's just say a certain someone.. well.. tries to sneak into your house during night and tries to bite your Sims. Best part is? Even while you're dazed when he hypnotizes you, you can still try to fight him. (Don't wanna spoil too much!) Said vampire also can train a vampire Sim that you make to become a powerful vampire. You have both forms-- normal and dark form. Normal form makes you appear to be a normal Sims, however your dark form tends to look creepier (more wrinkled, body marks, etc.). Getting to drain other Sims is pretty fun, but you gotta be careful to avoid the sun! Otherwise your vamp Sims can turn into dust.

Honorary Mentions: Realm of Magic and Strangerville

Stuff Pack: Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Romantic Garden
Spoiler for Why BN/VG/RG?:
In my personal opinion, these are the best 3. But admittedly it's hard to find good CC (Custom Content) without having most, if not all, Stuff Packs. Bowling Night has some cute retro-inspired and rockabilly outfits/hairs, and the bowling aspect is pretty neat. Love the neon objects as well, although I mostly adore it for it's clothing, it fits more to my tastes. Plus people make great CC for them-- a bonus! Vintage Glamour has some fancy-schmancy stuff, but it's focus on (what seems to me, at least,) 50's vintage fashion. I love the cleaner appearance, (notably for hair,) in vintage fashion, so for me that's a personal taste. If you also love the idea of having a butler, which I love doing for my rich Sims, I recommend it! Now onto Romantic Garden. Romantic Garden, out of all Stuff Packs, is the best for me in terms of hair! Oh man, so many gorgeous wavy hairs, both for men and women. I love short hair on some of my female Sims, so it's nice having short hair which looks tomboyish but also slightly wavy. The objects in this SP is also a must and an even bigger must if you love building/creating gardens. Most of the objects are Victorian-inspired, and the wishing well is a fun little tidbit in the SP as well.

Honorary Mentions: Moschino, Luxury Party, Tiny Living

That's all I really have to say for now. While some of these aren't what I consider to be "essentials" (or rather what most of The Sims 4 community considers to be essentials), these are the ones I tend to gravitate to the most. Sul-sul!
Old 07-25-2020, 09:30 PM
Knitting Sobble

My Mood: Happy
DragonSong has the heart of a hobbit!DragonSong has the heart of a hobbit!DragonSong has the heart of a hobbit!DragonSong has the heart of a hobbit!DragonSong has the heart of a hobbit!DragonSong has the heart of a hobbit!DragonSong has the heart of a hobbit!DragonSong has the heart of a hobbit!DragonSong has the heart of a hobbit!DragonSong has the heart of a hobbit!DragonSong has the heart of a hobbit!
Gosh, how did I miss this thread? I've been playing Sims for years!

Anyway let's see...

Spoiler for Favorite EP:
Get to Work! I love following my Sims to work and playing as scientists especially. Aliens are another one of my favorite things to play with so that makes Get To Work one of my favorite packs!

Spoiler for Favorite GP:
Parenthood! Most of my Sims are made with intention of eventually having families, and Parenthood adds a lot of things that make raising Sim kids better, and even influences how they eventually turn out as adults! It's pretty cool.

Spoiler for Favorite SP:
My First Pet Stuff! It has pet hedgehogs for your Sims and really, that was all I needed.

Spoiler for Runner-ups:
EPs: "Seasons" and "Cats And Dogs"

GPs: Jungle Adventure

SPs: Movie Hangout, Cool Kitchen, Backyard stuff

Thank you so much for making this thread. I've actually been struggling with wanting to play Sims 4 but never actually playing it for very long. Now I actually have an idea of what I want to make and play right now.