Go Back   MMO Central Forums > Toontown Rewritten > Toontown Rewritten Playground

Notices

Toontown Rewritten Playground General discussion for Toontown Rewritten.

Old Toontown Rewritten is Looking for Team Members!

Login or Register now to see fewer ads.

Old 02-01-2016, 09:46 PM
Alpha| BetaToon Last Hero
Lost Hero's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Relaxed
Lost Hero is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookLost Hero is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookLost Hero is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookLost Hero is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookLost Hero is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookLost Hero is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookLost Hero is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookLost Hero is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookLost Hero is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbook
Toontown Rewritten is Looking for Team Members!

Hi, everyone!

I know a lot of you are intelligent, mature, Toony individuals, which is why I'm posting this thread. If you take interest in helping out Toontown Rewritten and you feel that you are qualified for the job, we are always accepting applications for all roles on the team!

Here is a list of the Toontown Rewritten staff member roles and what you are required to do in each role. Some positions have links to applications, as we are in the process of creating some shiny new applications and are rolling them out as they are completed! If the position you are interested in has a link, click it to access and save the application so that you can submit it with your email to us!
Feel free to access these applications anytime on the official Toontown Rewritten website. https://www.toontownrewritten.com/help/apply

Art Department:

3D Artist
  • Builds props and environments, prepares models for animation, animates characters and objects, and implements models into the game
  • Knowledge and practice with 3D modeling is the base requirement
  • Rigging and 3D animation skills are encouraged

Brand Designer
  • Creates promotional artwork that will be seen on a variety of platform, ranging from websites and social media, to prints and merchandise
  • Must be familiar with Photoshop and vector artwork

Concept Artist
  • Comes up with conceptual artwork for new ideas, and translates existing ideas into drawn illustrations for 3D artists to reference from
  • Must be able to create works with clarity and show strong understanding of perspective and design

Texture Artist
  • Focuses on the creation of 2D artwork that wraps around 3D models of various shapes and sizes
  • Must be familiar with Photoshop and vector artwork

*Note: There is no defined role as a Graphic artist. Concept artists and Texture artists currently take on the role of a Graphic artist for the time being.

Sound Department:

Composer
  • Composes musical tracks for gameplay and promotional videos
  • Arranges old tracks into different styles
  • Knowledge of MIDI is the base requirement
  • Familiarity with DAW is encouraged

Sound Designer

• In charge of creating foley and sound effects to be used in game and for video
  • This also includes creating ambient noises and other sound related resources

Programming Department:

Client Security
  • Designs and maintains the client engine known as “Mirai,” or, “TTREngine"
  • Applicants must be fluent in C++ development, be familiar with CPython, (including the inner-workings of the parser), have the ability to compile Panda3D comfortably, and possess adept knowledge in code obfuscation, static linking, and binary compression

Game Programmer
  • Implements existing Toontown Online content (server material)
  • Creates new Toontown Rewritten content (server and client)
  • Maintains the existing code-base
  • Applicants must be fluent in Python, familiar with Panda3D, and comfortable with the design and operation of the Astron open-source networking engine

Security Team (non-engine)
  • Works to keep Toontown Rewritten safe from malicious users
  • Checks through our source code (white box testing)
  • Pen-tests our services (white and black box testing)
  • Monitors any suspicious activity
  • Must be comfortable with the general process of software development and have a decent understanding of common security risks and vulnerabilities in computer systems

Web Developer
  • Maintains and develop public website
  • Maintains and develop internal staff tools
  • Applicants must be fluent in in Python and/or Java as well as HTML, and capable in CSS and JavaScript
  • Knowledge of Flask, JQuery, and/or AngularJS is encouraged

Translations Department:

Translator
  • Helps translate the Tooniverse into another language
  • You must be fluent in the language you're applying for.
  • You can also help answer emails in the language that you apply for if you wish.

Support Department:

Support Representative
  • Responds to e-mail inquiries about the game
  • Directs e-mails to the appropriate staff members
  • Assists players with account issues and technical difficulties
  • Organizes e-mails sent to support@toontownrewritten.com

Monitoration Department:

Game Monitor*
  • Monitors chat logs
  • Monitors players in-game
  • Reviews submitted Toon names and blog comments
  • Issues account infractions
  • Handles infraction-related inquiries
  • Handles reports from our players

*Monitors are more commonly referred to as another word; however, as per the MMO Central Forums site rules, we are not permitted to use this word on MMOCF.

Copy & Paste the questions with your answers in an email to support@toontownrewritten.com.

Thank you for taking interest in helping out Toontown Rewritten! If you previously submitted an application more than 6 months ago, please feel free to submit another one.

Do NOT post it in this thread or PM anyone your application, you need to email your application to support@toontownrewritten.com.

Frequently Asked Questions

Who is the Toontown Rewritten Team?
For years, Toontown Rewritten has been run by a team of passionate and creative volunteers who spend countless hours keeping up the many activities involved with running an MMO with over one million registered players. We are always searching for talent to expand our team, so that Toontown can be made bigger and better every day!

Does the Toontown Rewritten Team get paid?
Toontown Rewritten is a volunteer effort. All expenses are paid out of pocket by staff members as donations to keep the game online, and no money is collected in any form from the players.

Why should I join the Toontown Rewritten Team?
This is a question that all depends on you. As a parent, you may want to provide Moderation or Support in your free time while your kids play the game. As a young adult, you may be searching for real world experience that can be put on your resume. As a player, you may be looking to do whatever you can to keep Toontown alive.

Our team has people from all of those categories and more. The work we do here at Toontown Rewritten has earned some of our staff members high paying jobs, acceptance into competitive colleges, and a unique team experience which can be applied to almost any field of work. While our staff members have extreme diversity when it comes to their walks of life, all share the same goal of restoring Toontown.

How much time does working for the Toontown Rewritten Team take?
Working for Toontown Rewritten is time consuming, however you can place it into your schedule however you wish. Almost all of our staff members have jobs, schoolwork, and often times both which factor into the amount of time they can spend working on the game. We are extremely understanding of this, and will work with you to help with time management.

Are there any other positions available?
The only applications available are the ones linked above, however if you have another talent which you feel could benefit Toontown Rewritten, we certainly won't turn you down! Feel free to email us with a resume and any other information you can supply.

Last edited by Lost Hero; 02-05-2017 at 09:18 PM.. Reason: TTR Staff Request
Old 04-23-2016, 11:48 PM
TTR Beta Tester
darthtoon's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Inspired
darthtoon helps all the newbs!darthtoon helps all the newbs!darthtoon helps all the newbs!
I submitted an application back in October 2015 to become a Game Programmer with Ticket ID #2015101010004528 , Nicky the TTR Support member said my credentials have been filed for future reference, should I continue waiting or send a email and resubmit my application
Old 04-24-2016, 12:09 AM
living life
Bongo Rock's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Adventurous
Bongo Rock glows with inner TooninessBongo Rock glows with inner TooninessBongo Rock glows with inner TooninessBongo Rock glows with inner TooninessBongo Rock glows with inner TooninessBongo Rock glows with inner TooninessBongo Rock glows with inner TooninessBongo Rock glows with inner Tooniness
How many hours a day/week should we expect to be working on TTR?
Old 04-24-2016, 12:13 AM
TTR Beta Tester

darthtoon helps all the newbs!darthtoon helps all the newbs!darthtoon helps all the newbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by _RedHot_ View Post
it's volunteer work so pretty much as much free time as you have
Old 04-24-2016, 12:55 AM
happy heart :]
Princess Maxie's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Duckish
Princess Maxie will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeePrincess Maxie will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeePrincess Maxie will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeePrincess Maxie will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeePrincess Maxie will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeePrincess Maxie will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeePrincess Maxie will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeePrincess Maxie will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeePrincess Maxie will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeePrincess Maxie will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeePrincess Maxie will one day be as helpful as Samwise Gamgee
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthtoon View Post
I submitted an application back in October 2015 to become a Game Programmer with Ticket ID #2015101010004528 , Nicky the TTR Support member said my credentials have been filed for future reference, should I continue waiting or send a email and resubmit my application

"Thank you for taking interest in helping out Toontown Rewritten! If you previously submitted an application more than 6 months ago, please feel free to submit another one."
Old 04-24-2016, 01:05 AM
TTR Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Maxie View Post
"Thank you for taking interest in helping out Toontown Rewritten! If you previously submitted an application more than 6 months ago, please feel free to submit another one."
ok, thanks :)
Old 04-24-2016, 05:51 AM
The 73rd TTR Alpha Tester
TheMcMuffin's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Toony
TheMcMuffin is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookTheMcMuffin is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookTheMcMuffin is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookTheMcMuffin is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookTheMcMuffin is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookTheMcMuffin is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookTheMcMuffin is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookTheMcMuffin is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbook
Toontown Rewritten is Looking for Team Members!

This post showed me how little I can do when it comes to working on a game.
Old 04-24-2016, 06:21 AM
Loves Toontown
Scooter11's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Happy
Scooter11 has the heart of a hobbit!Scooter11 has the heart of a hobbit!Scooter11 has the heart of a hobbit!Scooter11 has the heart of a hobbit!Scooter11 has the heart of a hobbit!Scooter11 has the heart of a hobbit!Scooter11 has the heart of a hobbit!Scooter11 has the heart of a hobbit!Scooter11 has the heart of a hobbit!Scooter11 has the heart of a hobbit!Scooter11 has the heart of a hobbit!
Thank you very much for sharing this! I would love to help out. I'm not exactly sure when I last submitted my application, but I believe it was over 6 months ago.
Old 04-24-2016, 12:25 PM
Tha Pro!
mastergabe's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Happy
mastergabe was one of the first to find ^^vv<><>BA
I would apply but I'm afraid of the turn down I'll get because I know Java well but Python, not as well... :'( I'm thinking of Web Developer.
Old 04-24-2016, 01:09 PM
What is computer?
MasterDudleyThunderwhip's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Gaming
MasterDudleyThunderwhip always knows how to splat a cog!MasterDudleyThunderwhip always knows how to splat a cog!MasterDudleyThunderwhip always knows how to splat a cog!MasterDudleyThunderwhip always knows how to splat a cog!MasterDudleyThunderwhip always knows how to splat a cog!
Are there any openings for monitor? I put my application in about a month ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-24-2016, 03:42 PM
ก₍⸍⸌̣ʷ̣̫⸍̣⸌₎ค
Riot's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Ethereal
Riot is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookRiot is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookRiot is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookRiot is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookRiot is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookRiot is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookRiot is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookRiot is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookRiot is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookRiot is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbook
We are actively looking for more Support Members and Web Developers, so if you're interested in taking one of those positions, now is the best time to apply!

Quote:
Originally Posted by _RedHot_ View Post
It depends on what position you are applying for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDudleyThunderwhip View Post
Are there any openings for monitor? I put my application in about a month ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We have lots of new monitors in training at the moment, so we currently aren't taking anyone in, but that doesn't mean you won't be accepted onto the team in the future! We collect applications and then go through them when we're looking to hire more Toons onto the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastergabe View Post
I would apply but I'm afraid of the turn down I'll get because I know Java well but Python, not as well... :'( I'm thinking of Web Developer.
Although we encourage in being fluent in both, being fluent in either Java or Python is one of the requirements to be a web developer. If you know you are fluent in Java, I really think you should apply!
Old 04-24-2016, 04:40 PM
I'm back and better than ever!
rabbitman3328's Main Toon Info

My Mood: CFO
rabbitman3328 was one of the first to find ^^vv<><>BA
I'd love to be a support staff. I handle stuff like that all the time when helping others with their roleplay accounts.
Old 04-24-2016, 05:14 PM
CCG welcomes everyone mmocentralforums.com/ccg
Blaze1221's Main Toon Info

Blaze1221 was one of the first to find ^^vv<><>BA
hello

I just emailed them to become a monitor (:
Old 04-25-2016, 05:11 PM
Hi :)
squeezie94's Main Toon Info

squeezie94 is ooo!squeezie94 is ooo!squeezie94 is ooo!squeezie94 is ooo!squeezie94 is ooo!
Are there any spots open for composer?
Old 04-25-2016, 06:09 PM
ก₍⸍⸌̣ʷ̣̫⸍̣⸌₎ค
Riot's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Ethereal
Riot is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookRiot is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookRiot is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookRiot is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookRiot is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookRiot is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookRiot is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookRiot is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookRiot is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookRiot is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by squeezie94 View Post
Are there any spots open for composer?
I believe so!

Even if there isn't, you are more than welcome to e-mail in your application anyway and, if we think you'd be a good fit for the team, we'll contact you for more information when we are looking for more composers. That goes for any position. :)