• MMO Central Home
  • MMO Central Forums
  • MMO Central Gallery
  • User Control Panel
  • Register!
  • Lose Your Marbles? Click Here!

Go Back   MMO Central Forums > Site Content > News Articles > ToonTown News Archive

Notices

ToonTown News Archive Old TT News

Old Important News from the Toon Council

Login or Register now to see fewer ads.

Old 08-20-2013, 08:05 PM
Currently inactive from TTR

My Mood: Hopeful
Mister Fluffy Dynoteeth has an achievement named after them!Mister Fluffy Dynoteeth has an achievement named after them!Mister Fluffy Dynoteeth has an achievement named after them!Mister Fluffy Dynoteeth has an achievement named after them!Mister Fluffy Dynoteeth has an achievement named after them!Mister Fluffy Dynoteeth has an achievement named after them!Mister Fluffy Dynoteeth has an achievement named after them!Mister Fluffy Dynoteeth has an achievement named after them!Mister Fluffy Dynoteeth has an achievement named after them!
They're also closing Pirates Online and Pixie Hollow as well. So it's not just TT... :O
Old 08-20-2013, 08:06 PM
Game Over

My Mood: Mousey
Sugar Snowflakez will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSugar Snowflakez will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSugar Snowflakez will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSugar Snowflakez will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSugar Snowflakez will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSugar Snowflakez will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSugar Snowflakez will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSugar Snowflakez will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSugar Snowflakez will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSugar Snowflakez will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSugar Snowflakez will one day be as helpful as Samwise Gamgee
They're closing all games EXCEPT CP? :O
I find that unbelievable.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:06 PM
Oh so charmmy :)

My Mood: Cloud_9
Charmmy Kitty has the heart of a hobbit!Charmmy Kitty has the heart of a hobbit!Charmmy Kitty has the heart of a hobbit!Charmmy Kitty has the heart of a hobbit!Charmmy Kitty has the heart of a hobbit!Charmmy Kitty has the heart of a hobbit!Charmmy Kitty has the heart of a hobbit!Charmmy Kitty has the heart of a hobbit!Charmmy Kitty has the heart of a hobbit!Charmmy Kitty has the heart of a hobbit!Charmmy Kitty has the heart of a hobbit!
This game was my childhood. I can't believe it. :( Even as a young adult, I'm so crushed right now. :(
Old 08-20-2013, 08:07 PM
NYEH-HEH-HEH

My Mood: Moo
Spaghetti is just doing their daily quests.
Oh no they are NOT. But they keep Club Penguin?! How?! This is just...... Argh!
Old 08-20-2013, 08:07 PM
i'm on the links

My Mood: Mornin
Patrickk has an achievement named after them!Patrickk has an achievement named after them!Patrickk has an achievement named after them!Patrickk has an achievement named after them!Patrickk has an achievement named after them!Patrickk has an achievement named after them!Patrickk has an achievement named after them!Patrickk has an achievement named after them!Patrickk has an achievement named after them!
At least we're not alone... I still think it's a bit weird how CP is the only game still standing
Old 08-20-2013, 08:08 PM
CCG welcomes everyone mmocentralforums.com/ccg

My Mood: Busy
KingLollipop is a true gamer.KingLollipop is a true gamer.KingLollipop is a true gamer.KingLollipop is a true gamer.KingLollipop is a true gamer.KingLollipop is a true gamer.
This has been one of the saddest days i've had for a long time. I haven't reached 100 laff yet, neither have I maxed all my gags and more. I've had the ability to meet so many great people who have helped me with so many different things. I must admit, that a few minutes after I received the news, I shed a few tears. I've put up a YouTube channel with a few videos on recently which I have started to enjoy doing. I've attended countless CCG runs, toon parties etc.

Despite this devastating news, I will continue to be on the forum even more than I am now. It seems that I must resort to other games in my collection. Toontown has been such a major part of my childhood, though I regret taking the amount of breaks that I have done.

You've all been great, whether I knew you or not, it's been a pleasure and an honour to play alongside you all.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:11 PM
Game Over

My Mood: Mousey
Sugar Snowflakez will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSugar Snowflakez will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSugar Snowflakez will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSugar Snowflakez will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSugar Snowflakez will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSugar Snowflakez will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSugar Snowflakez will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSugar Snowflakez will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSugar Snowflakez will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSugar Snowflakez will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSugar Snowflakez will one day be as helpful as Samwise Gamgee
I am officially sad and confused.
So they close all games, but yet CP stands? I am shocked.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:12 PM
Not even on CRUTCHAYYYZZ

My Mood: Toony
Lemon Lime is a true gamer.Lemon Lime is a true gamer.Lemon Lime is a true gamer.Lemon Lime is a true gamer.Lemon Lime is a true gamer.Lemon Lime is a true gamer.Lemon Lime is a true gamer.Lemon Lime is a true gamer.
Gosh... This is so sad! I was just getting really back into the game and now... It's gone. I'm just in total shock now. The best I can do is take screenshots and pray for a sequel, although the latter will probably never happen.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:13 PM
`~`~The Average Doggy~`~`

My Mood: RockOn
Funny Doggy found a Crystal of Light!Funny Doggy found a Crystal of Light!Funny Doggy found a Crystal of Light!Funny Doggy found a Crystal of Light!Funny Doggy found a Crystal of Light!
I'm literally shaking right now...this can't be happening. This isn't going to be easy to let go of.
At least this website will still be open, I guess.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:14 PM
Drawing~

My Mood: Jellybean
Windy66 is a true gamer.Windy66 is a true gamer.Windy66 is a true gamer.Windy66 is a true gamer.Windy66 is a true gamer.Windy66 is a true gamer.
No. Dude no.
Click the image to view the full version
ToonTown is my favorite game.. I started back in 2008, and Sparkletoon is still in the Brrrgh.. Oh gosh, what's going to happen to all TTC's clans? D:

~Windy66
Old 08-20-2013, 08:15 PM
Ranter

My Mood: Hopeful
Hope has the heart of a hobbit!Hope has the heart of a hobbit!Hope has the heart of a hobbit!Hope has the heart of a hobbit!Hope has the heart of a hobbit!Hope has the heart of a hobbit!Hope has the heart of a hobbit!Hope has the heart of a hobbit!Hope has the heart of a hobbit!Hope has the heart of a hobbit!Hope has the heart of a hobbit!
I'm going to say goodbye to my toons, I've decided, the day before it closes and play the game all night long [considering I conveniently have off school that week for a teacher-related thing] and yep... do cog buildings... relive the dream...

I'll never forget the rush of passing the Brrrrgh for the first time... or getting to 100 Laff.. or maxing Sell and Cash.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:17 PM
Kinda here, kinda there

My Mood: Gnarly
Danisaur has the heart of a hobbit!Danisaur has the heart of a hobbit!Danisaur has the heart of a hobbit!Danisaur has the heart of a hobbit!Danisaur has the heart of a hobbit!Danisaur has the heart of a hobbit!Danisaur has the heart of a hobbit!Danisaur has the heart of a hobbit!Danisaur has the heart of a hobbit!Danisaur has the heart of a hobbit!Danisaur has the heart of a hobbit!
Sad to see Toontown closing so suddenly. 5 years of my childhood were spent on this game! haha. It ran a good 10 years, but I guess it's time to say goodbye. Everything is temporary, I guess. I knew it was going to end sooner or later but I wasn't expecting it to be this sudden. Ahh well, I did cancel my membership a while ago but I might as well enjoy my last month. :)

One of the saddest things for me is probably how the game that brought all of us to this forum today is ending! If it weren't for Toontown, TTC rather obviously wouldn't exist and I would never have met and spoke to so many amazing people. That's probably the thing I'm most grateful for! :)
Old 08-20-2013, 08:19 PM
Proud beta key holder.

My Mood: Dreaming
Spike Wildtoon is a true gamer.Spike Wildtoon is a true gamer.Spike Wildtoon is a true gamer.Spike Wildtoon is a true gamer.Spike Wildtoon is a true gamer.Spike Wildtoon is a true gamer.Spike Wildtoon is a true gamer.Spike Wildtoon is a true gamer.
I'm shocked. And I apologize for my first post on this thread. I just wasn't expecting and wasn't prepared for that information. I cannot believe how sudden they close. It just doesn't make sense to me. I haven't even got to do everything I wanted to. I wanted to max a toon (Lure less toon) and be proud. I was working all week to try to max sellbot. I get nothing from it. I don't see a point of trying to max anything at this point since we will not be able to play anymore. I literally have tears in my eyes. So much time and effort, for what, NOTHING. The friends I made and the work I put into the game is just GONE. It's just weird how they close down for maintenance, and when they come back just say, "Oh well, Toontown is closing." The only thing we will have left is the screenshots and this forum, which I hope stays open. And of course this:
Quote:
Q: Can I save my Toon and all my in-game items inside Toontown? A: Unfortunately, after the online world closes on September 19, 2013, Toons will no longer be able to log into their accounts or access Toontown Online. You may print out your Toon's very own Silly Certificate, courtesy of the ToonCouncil, by clicking here!
Old 08-20-2013, 08:20 PM
flunky flunky

My Mood: Cog-Like
Vice Princess of Sales has the heart of a hobbit!Vice Princess of Sales has the heart of a hobbit!Vice Princess of Sales has the heart of a hobbit!Vice Princess of Sales has the heart of a hobbit!Vice Princess of Sales has the heart of a hobbit!Vice Princess of Sales has the heart of a hobbit!Vice Princess of Sales has the heart of a hobbit!Vice Princess of Sales has the heart of a hobbit!Vice Princess of Sales has the heart of a hobbit!Vice Princess of Sales has the heart of a hobbit!Vice Princess of Sales has the heart of a hobbit!
Although I nearly cried at this,
I suddenly remembered something.
I hope that this will give some hope. Please read this post up to the very end.

I have four troublesome younger siblings, and share a room with two little ones. There's hardly a moment of peace in my household, nor hardly a possession I can keep decent. In my closet, stored high above tiny hand's reach are two green boxes that contain all my precious things. They might not be very much to others, but they are priceless to me. That's all I own, anything else I have owned has been pretty much destroyed by the little ones. But, I understand that they are only kids and don't hate them for it. In fact, I love them to death.

There's a memory that I will never forget. I had a friend that I loved, and wanted to draw them something as a gift. I spent hours beyond hours sketching and coloring with colored pencils and such. I wasn't too happy with it, but friends appreciate anything you make for them, right? When I had completed my "masterpiece" it was hours past my bedtime, so I left it on the dining room table and tiptoed to bed, hoping my parents wouldn't hear me up so late. Sleeping that night wasn't so easy because of my anxiety and enthusiasm for her receiving her gift the next day.

When I awoke the next morning, my art piece looked quite different. It looked as if a child had taken colored pencils and scribbled on every inch of the picture. In fact... that was exactly what happened.

One of my siblings had ruined the thing that I had invested so much effort into. I was so blown away that I couldn't speak to anybody for hours. My friend didn't receive a gift that day, or the next day, or for a while.

Eventually, I decided to make another one for her. I re-created the picture, but this time,
it looked stunning. The amount of improvement in it was just astounding. And, when she got it, she was without words, and everybody else loved it, too.

Sometimes, a small break is a good thing.

I am taking a specialized course right now called AGS, or Animation, Gaming and Simulation. I plan to major in Animation and get a job in that department. However, to become educated in animation, I must become educated in gaming and such. It's all packaged together.

Guys, video games and concepts and such are my specialty.

There are several highly reputable colleges, and I plan on attending one that will guarantee me a job I want, even freshly graduated! Not too long ago it had a 100% employment rate for its graduates!

Right now as it is, Toontown is in a dark era. You kind of have to admit that...
However, my heart is set. I'll work hard and see if I can do something about it being closed forever. Maybe it won't come back for several years, but when it does, well...
Old 08-20-2013, 08:21 PM
taking a break

My Mood: Apathetic
Deputy rainbow helps all the newbs!Deputy rainbow helps all the newbs!
....I have logged into literally talk about this...