Go Back   MMO Central Forums > Toontown Rewritten > Toontown Rewritten Playground

Notices

Toontown Rewritten Playground General discussion for Toontown Rewritten.

Old Celebrating Thanksgiving as the Toontown Community

Login or Register now to see fewer ads.

Old 11-28-2019, 08:37 PM
Toontown Team - Sir Max
JoeyZio's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Toonish
JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!
Celebrating Thanksgiving as the Toontown Community

NOTE: This is a pretty long post! If you don't have to read it all, check out at least the very last section. Then come back and read the rest later -- You probably won't regret it!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! 🦃

It's been a long time since my last thread here on MMO Central, and boy do I miss this place. Every time I stop by, I'm reminded of so many hours spent watching Roger Dog and Speedway Master's deep dives into what's coming next for Toontown, or reading the exciting Test Town release notes from Augie Doodle. It feels surreal to think that back then, these were role models who I thought were just the coolest people around for the awesome things they were doing for Toontown. After working with Roger Dog, Speedway Master, Augie Doodle, and many others for the past several years as members of the Toontown Rewritten Team -- I can completely confirm that they are still role models to me today and every bit as awesome as I thought they were when I read their threads as a wee Toon.

Between all of the places that Toontown fans now gather online to share their love for this game, there are many where I could have made this post. With countless forums, wikis, chats, and more -- it's a great time to be a Toontown fan!

I chose MMO Central Forums for this message (Or Toontown Central, as it still lives in my heart and my theme choice) because of all of these wonderful communities, it is the oldest living Toontown fansite and the one that so many of us have fond memories of as young, wide-eyed Toons talking about this spectacular game. I'd like to give a serious shout-out to the staff who keep this website running for making it the oldest running Toontown fansite, and all the while keeping it actively updated and authentically Toontown!

Phew, all of that for a trip down Loopy Lane and I haven't even started the real point of this post yet. Let's jump into it!

It's been a little over six years since Toontown Online closed its doors, and I just want to dwell on that sentence for a moment. SIX YEARS! Somehow it feels like just yesterday that I was reading Jesse Schell's advice to the Toontown Community, writing a post to announce Toontown Rewritten, and hosting the Knock-Knock joke contest that gave us the new jokes on Silly Street.

In the past six years we've lost many dear friends, and gained many new ones. We have Toontown fans who have been here since Toontown Online's beta launched in 2002, and others who weren't even born when Toontown Rewritten began the PlayLine.

With how much time has passed and how much Toontown has evolved as a Community over the years, I wanted to take the time in this post to discuss and remember three big things on behalf of the Toontown Rewritten Team:

1. Where we came from
2. Where we are today
3. Where we want to go

Before I go into things, I know that some of us who have been around for a long time will be tempted to skip over bits of this as the "same old, same old." My challenge and request for you is to really take time to read this in depth and think through your favorite Toontown memories along the way. Take a moment to be a young, wide-eyed Toon again -- I think it'll be worth it.

How Did We Get Here?

On August 20, 2013, we all came together as one community. The news broke that Toontown Online would be closing in one month, and if Toontown were a normal game with a normal community, that would have been the end of it. Luckily, Toontown is no normal game, and we were no normal community. Immediately, we all began to ask: What can we do?

Petitions began to be written, calls to Disney were made, and behind the scenes a small team began to work on answering the question: Is there a way to keep the game alive? The Toontown Community didn't sit down and mope and move on; we sprung into action and did everything in our power to keep the game alive! Even the game's former Creative Director, Jesse Schell, took to Toontown Central to write a thread and provide some advice about how to save Toontown.

We all as one community -- the Toontown Community -- weren't ready to see this game that had impacted our lives so deeply wither away. And so... It didn't! Toontown Rewritten was announced on the day of Toontown Online's closure, and after a long year of development, it finally opened for everyone to play any time that they wanted.

Our goal with Toontown Rewritten has been the same since the day that our project began: To not just bring Toontown back, but to pick up where Disney left off and continue developing, supporting, and growing it as if the game never closed.

This one underdog of a community faced insurmountable odds to bring their beloved game back online, and it miraculously worked! However, that's far from the end of the story.

Where Are We Now?

Spoiler alert: Toontown Rewritten not only launched, but went on to restore every core gameplay element from Toontown Online with a whole bunch of improvements along the way. We'll be the first to admit that we've had our fair share of delays, missteps, and glitches over the years. However, the most important goal we achieved: Toontown is not only back online, but still has thousands upon thousands of players entering the game every week six years after it was supposed to disappear.

Many people don't think about the hurdles that Toontown has had to overcome over the span of these past six years. By all accounts, Toontown shouldn't be alive today, and that's a fact that we often take for granted. Take a moment to really think about everything that Toontown had to accomplish in order for you to be able to enter your username and password, log in, and select your Toon today:

Quote:
ē A team of talented, passionate Toontown fans had to all have the same idea and find each other in the same place.

ē The team had to create a brand new implementation of Toontown's server framework (An "Online Theme Park" Server) called Astron.

ē The team's crazy idea to reverse engineer the game and create "Toontown Rewritten" had to actually work.

ē Toontown communities like MMO Central Forums had to take a gamble and allow this crazy idea be promoted on their website, despite seemingly doomed to fail.

ē The Toontown Community had to actually go out on the internet to find and support this fan-made Toontown without any paid advertisement.

ē The Toontown Rewritten Team had to solve the hacking problem that plagued Toontown Online, and keep it solved for six years.

ē The team of Toontown Rewritten had to study and strategize about how they can maintain Disney's image and stay on their good side to avoid being shut down for as long as possible.

ē Completely against all odds, through miraculous feats of Disney employees that we may never know, who fought for the Toontown Community and worked magic against the Lawbots who could have ended the game with the click of an email: Disney had to not put an end to Toontown Rewritten or any other aspects of the Toontown Community. For six years and counting.

ē The Toontown Community had to stay interested in Toontown for nearly an entire year, despite not being able to play the game.

ē The Toontown Rewritten Team had to work around the clock to retain the community's interest by posting daily silly stories from Sir Max on the Toontown Blog, creating out-of-game puzzles and ARGs, and developing an attention-grabbing "end of alpha" event all while working as quickly as they could to release the game to everyone.

ē Disney had to accidentally package small portions of the server code in a random Toontown Online update, which had to be randomly found by the Toontown Rewritten Team, providing them with enough information to restore the game's original battle system values and mechanics so that Cog battles would always "feel" like the original game.

ē Toontown Rewritten had to go six years without any sort of data leak, security flaw, or other form of scandal which would put all of Toontown in jeopardy.

ē The Toontown Rewritten Team had to plan and host a real-world event in the middle of nowhere, hoping that Toontown fans would actually show up. (Hundreds did!)

ē The Toontown Rewritten Team had to pour tens of thousands of dollars over the period of 6 years to maintain the game servers, host real-world events, and send free merchandise to any player who requests it all while not receiving a single cent in return from subscriptions, donations, advertising, or any other form of revenue.
These are just a few of the completely improbable conditions that had to happen in order for Toontown to be what it is today. You can call it fate, luck, faith, ambition, strategy -- whatever it may be, it's clear that the Toontown Community has it or else Toontown would be long, long gone.

Toontown's Community has evolved so much since that fateful day in 2013, and against all odds it has survived more than half of the amount of the time of the original game without any signs of stopping! Unfortunately, however, the one community that stood together has become a bit more fragmented. Over the years some small cracks have appeared where players get into debates about this Toontown vs. that Toontown, this idea vs. that idea, and have criticized some of the core creators who keep the game alive (both among community members and teams running Toontown revivals) without stopping to realize that we're all just trying our best to work towards the same thing that we've been working towards all along: Keeping Toontown alive.

What's next for Toontown?

Thanks to all of you reading this post, the future of Toontown is bright and the Toontown Community is still thriving.

In the short term, there are many exciting things coming soon to Toontown Rewritten! As you may know, we have the biggest update that Toontown has seen in over a decade on the horizon with Sellbot Field Offices, which are still deep in development with more news to come in the near future.

Besides new content, our team has been exploring ways that we can better support the Toontown Community as a whole. For the past few months, we've been working on a Community Partner Program which aims to create a direct bridge between the Toontown Rewritten Team, Content Creators, and Fansite owners. We want to do everything we can to give these passionate Content Creators and Fansite owners the recognition that they deserve, and expand their audience in the process using Toontown Rewritten's platform! This program isn't quite ready to roll out yet, but expect more news in upcoming months.

With that all said, our goal here isn't to talk about plans for Toontown Rewritten.

Throughout this post, you might notice that I haven't ever said that our goal as the Toontown Team and as the Toontown Community has been to "keep Toontown Rewritten alive." Toontown Rewritten is just one project to keep Toontown as we know it alive, and while we work each and every day to bring it updates as quickly as possible, Toontown's future doesn't rely on Toontown Rewritten. If we are to keep Toontown alive as it has been for nearly two decades, Toontown needs to evolve for tomorrow while still keeping the spirit of what exists today.

Behind the scenes of our team, we are pitching ideas, drawing concepts, and brainstorming away at what Toontown's future might look like. We firmly believe that Toontown's future relies on an official revival (One done right, not a cash grab!), which is why we've followed every single piece of advice that Jesse Schell told us all those years ago and continue to follow it today.

If there's nothing else that you get from this post, let it be this: As a community, we are ALL working together for the same end goal! Toontown will wither away if we don't stand as one community to celebrate it! We should be supporting one another and building the Toontown Community up, celebrating the impossible fact that 6 years later, anyone can type in "Toontown" on Google and be greeted with the classic, bright red "PLAY NOW!"

With a community as big as Toontown's, we're not all always going to agree. It doesn't matter where you play, which fansite you prefer, which decisions you agree with and which you don't! What's really important to remember at the end of the day is that we're one community, and we're all part of one, big, wonderful, and extremely lucky band of players who love Toontown. Regardless of our differences, we're all here to save Toontown!

The Toontown Community Needs YOU!

Today, let's refocus on what matters for Toontown's future. I hope that this post has filled you with nostalgia, joy, and a desire to cast differences aside and just have fun in Toontown. Getting a true Toontown revival won't happen overnight, but one thing that can happen is a spread of thanksgiving, nostalgia, and joy throughout the Toontown Community.

What should you do to help out? MAKE A POST!

Take a few minutes on this thread to share a memory, post an idea, or simply say "Toontown means the world to me, and I'm going to support it however I can!"
Share this thread with your friends, then get them to share it with their friends too!

Let's pretend it's September 2013, when we all banded together and stood as a community to say: "Toontown isn't over yet!" Make today the day that where we can cast aside differences and become one big Toontown Community again.

I'm so proud of what we've accomplished over these past six years, and thankful for each and every one of you for playing a part in it. Thank YOU for saving Toontown!
Old 11-28-2019, 09:33 PM
the Jumping Bean
Junehs's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Artistic
Junehs is ooo!Junehs is ooo!Junehs is ooo!Junehs is ooo!
Thanks for this Joey! :D I want to reflect my time within the community, as well. It's nostalgic to me. I wanna see everyone else's because we all walked so many different paths through the years.

While most of my memories have been made on another popular Toontown forum, I know I have made many memories growing up with this game. I have met some lifelong friends because of this game. I kept saying to myself that once Bossbot HQ was released, I would quit. Well, I definitely didn't! I wanted to give back to this community through art. A lot of people here still remember when I did free avatars (mostly the blinking ones), and that's still crazy to me when someone remembers me for that haha (side note: I still have the old avatars if you still want it back).

I am sure a lot of us remember where we were and what we were doing when Disney announced the game's closure. For me, I was at band camp doing Color Guard. I was on break and checked my phone. A friend texted me the game was closing, and I felt mostly angry because I just got my Big Cheese outfit!

I remember seeing TTR's website with the hills, and when a friend told me about it, I dismissed it as "no one can code that". Boy was I wrong. As a month and a half passed, it gained traction, and I saw the art for the launcher on an art site. I was so excited and wanted to do (what I do now as a brand artist!) that. I hunted down for Joey's information. (he never responded to me)

My friend knew Harv, and we all bonded, and he's the reason I was able to wiggle onto the team. While this is about Toontown itself, I think Rewritten has played such a huge part in everyone's lives, but a lot in mine. I joined November 11, 2013, left early August 2015 to focus on life, and returned once more in early February 2017. This team works really hard, and I always see this as a crazy giant family. This game was started by mostly teenagers (and a few adults!) who grew into fine adults. Some have left, some have stayed. This team has created lifelong friendships for me as well and I'll always be grateful for that. I have grown as an artist, and I don't even know where I'd be without Toontown Rewritten!
Old 11-28-2019, 09:35 PM
Here, There, Everywhere!
Featherzapper's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Happy
Featherzapper will soon be Dungeon Master!Featherzapper will soon be Dungeon Master!

Happy Thanksgiving to all the toons!

I've been playing TT since Disney first started it. I had many awesome friends in-game on TTO and am very thankful for each and every one of them. I was leader of the clan TTRH and had fun planning and participating in the events we held. I've tried reaching out to several people I knew from TTO thru this forum since this is the place we all used (other than the messenger Disney once had), hoping to touch base and see if they are on TTR.

In my opinion, TTR should be using MMO much more than it has. This place has been around far longer than any other social media site related to TT and holds the history of TTO - it's like a time capsule that many forgot about.
See Duck Shun ~ 6 to go!
Old 11-28-2019, 09:51 PM
Toontown Team - Sir Max
JoeyZio's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Toonish
JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherzapper View Post

Happy Thanksgiving to all the toons!

I've been playing TT since Disney first started it. I had many awesome friends in-game on TTO and am very thankful for each and every one of them. I was leader of the clan TTRH and had fun planning and participating in the events we held. I've tried reaching out to several people I knew from TTO thru this forum since this is the place we all used (other than the messenger Disney once had), hoping to touch base and see if they are on TTR.

In my opinion, TTR should be using MMO much more than it has. This place has been around far longer than any other social media site related to TT and holds the history of TTO - it's like a time capsule that many forgot about.
Thanks so much for all that you've done for Toontown over the years! The clan leaders, event planners, and fansite admins are some of the many unsung heroes of the Toontown community. We may be developing the game, but that would be nothing without you folks who bring life inside of it!

With things like the Community Partner Program, we hope to be visiting MMO Central a lot more and giving it the love and attention that it deserves. As our team grows, it is becoming easier to expand our presence to other areas outside of our standard social media outlets.
Old 11-28-2019, 10:02 PM
Let's riot!
toontowndude's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Cool
toontowndude is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mousetoontowndude is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mousetoontowndude is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mousetoontowndude is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mousetoontowndude is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mousetoontowndude is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mousetoontowndude is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mousetoontowndude is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mousetoontowndude is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mousetoontowndude is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mousetoontowndude is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mouse
Toontown has been a huge part of my life for 14 years. I still remember that day in May 2005 when I saw a commercial (one that I had seen many times prior to then) for a game called Toontown and I decided to give it a go, I was hooked immediately; was it because of cartoony Disney graphics? Or maybe it was the friends I made along the way? When Disney announced that they were shutting down Toontown in 2013, it felt like my whole world came crashing down; I decided to start pursuing other MMOs such as Wizard 101 and World of Warcraft but none of them came close to providing the awesome experience that Toontown once did.

When I first heard about Toontown Rewritten, I thought "There is no way this is going to last even a year, probably a lot less if Disney find out", still I decided to start playing when the Playline came out; a huge rush of joy filled me as I saw the pick-a-toon screen again for the first time in just under a year, I remade King Droopy Electrohoffer and it was like being reunited with a long lost friend. Never in a million years would I have thought that 14 years later (and 6 years after the original game closed), I would still be playing the game I came to love as a kid and I think that is mostly due to the many friends that I have made in the game, a few of which I've even traveled to see in real life!

I'm glad that there are a group of people out there that love the game just as much, if not even more than I do and that they are dedicated to bringing it back just as if the closure never happened, and that they are doing it with no reimbursement except for the warm fuzzy feeling of helping thousands of people hang onto their childhoods for a little while longer, myself included.

I'd like to say a big thank you to Jesse Schell and Disney for making this game possible in the first place, the TTR team for helping keep the childhoods of thousands of people alive, and all the friends I've made in game from 2005 to now, and beyond! You guys are great!

King Droopy Electrohoffer - Squeaky Clean - Anita Mouse
Miss Bubbles Fizzlespinner - Zero Evil - Prince Scooter - Deer E. Meigh
Milkshake - Ruby Gloom - Auroara Bearealis

My Profile | PM Me | CCG | Ambassador Hotline
Old 11-28-2019, 10:06 PM
What Does That Button Do?
SorryEh's Main Toon Info

SorryEh was one of the first to find ^^vv<><>BA
I've never used this site, so I hope I clicked the right thing to reply.

Anyway, I'm sure any of us could talk for hours, if not days, about Toontown. For me, I Just want to share how much this game mattered to me as a kid. I can barely even remember what sort of shenanigans I got up to way back when I started playing; what I do remember, though, are the indescribable feelings of excitement and happiness it has left with me. One of my favourite memories is of the time my family unfortunately lost our ability to keep paying for Toontown and how badly I wanted it back after that - even going to the extent of writing it down on my Christmas list to ask Santa for it back. Some time later, I remember finding out about free trials for Toontown which was a huge deal to me, even though you couldn't get very far in the game. One day, while I was playing as my toon on the free trial account, my sister kept asking me questions about what district/playground I was in (which confused me) until I met a random stranger who played alongside me and helped me. After telling my dad about this awesome stranger, he then revealed to me that it was in fact him playing his own toon and that he had paid for a new membership to Toontown! I'll never forget that day!
Old 11-28-2019, 10:07 PM
to conquer
Vici's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Tolerant
Vici will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeVici will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeVici will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeVici will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeVici will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeVici will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeVici will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeVici will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeVici will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeVici will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeVici will one day be as helpful as Samwise Gamgee
It's been ages since I've posted here, but I had to after seeing this thread crop up elsewhere. Seeing TTR grow after so much hard work and effort has been astounding. It didn't feel possible that Toontown would come back the day of its closure, but it did, and I'm so happy that this game still exists today, and it's all thanks to the people who did everything they could to keep it going.

I won't make this much longer. I just want to say how eternally thankful I am for both the original game and the massive impact its had on my life, as well as the Rewritten game and the fun I can have well over a decade after I first picked up this game. I've grown as a person from the interactions I've had both in the game and on online forums, and I wouldn't be the person I am today without it. I'm sure there's countless others who can say the same thing.
Old 11-28-2019, 10:38 PM
What Does That Button Do?
Jhaaaaayke's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Adventurous
Jhaaaaayke was one of the first to find ^^vv<><>BA
Hi everyone! Iím Jake, also known as Ooowo. If you just happen to be someone who knew me years ago, you may rather know me as Raichoo. If you really wanna go far back, I was known as Chip or Leaf Chip. (If anyone remembers me from years ago, please reach out! Iíd love to talk to you again!) This post was super fun to read, and it really took me back getting to come to MMO Central Forums again. It feels so long ago now that Toontown Online just closed and people were flocking here, seeing the message from Jesse and learning about Toontown Rewritten.

My life would be so different without Toontown. Not even exaggerating here, it has genuinely been in my life for as long as I can remember and, without it, Iíd never have met many of the amazing people I know today. Iíve got tons of super close friends now that I couldnít imagine being without, but thatíd be the reality if no one chose to step up and bring Toontown back after it closed back in 2013. I remember when Rewritten first popped up; I checked the site literally every day, waiting for the new blog post and excited to see the next fun update about whatís going on in Toontown. The first time a Daily Alpha Update didnít release right on time, people went nuts! We wanted all we could get. That year that Toontown wasnít out felt like the longest wait ever, but the blog posts and new story made it so much better.

Nowadays, Iím an active member of another Toontown community. Not just that, but Iíve gotten to be a member of its team and grow close with everyone else there. Iíve even been given the opportunity to become part of Toontown Rewrittenís crazy family, too, as of this year! Thatís something I couldíve only dreamed of back in 2013. I wonít be surprised if Iím coming off as cheesy or anything, but Iím just super thankful for all the opportunities Toontown has given me. As I said before, it has given me tons of friendships that Iíd never want to be without.

To everyone reading this, I hope you decide to share something about yourself and Toontown, too, if you havenít already. Iím excited to see what everyone has to say!
Old 11-28-2019, 10:38 PM
I cannot believe we're here now!
squeakershoes's Main Toon Info

squeakershoes will soon be Dungeon Master!squeakershoes will soon be Dungeon Master!
Thanks for the Toontastic message! I've been playing Toontown ever since the public release of Toontown Online in 2003.

Back then I was younger, didn't know much about the world, but still wanted to battle those robot Cogs! By the end of the life of TTO, I had my first attempt of the CEO, but it didn't work out so great. One contributing factor was that my Toon was lureless. I once had a moment where I tried to get a seventh gag track, but ultimately failed and got banned. I was still young, and I went on the phone with Disney Interactive Support, and I confessed to my cheating ways and told them I knew the consequences. Mom was shocked when she saw me on the phone, and Disney Support told her, "We don't usually do this, but your son has been so kind, we will give him his account back."

I think that was the most memorable moment I had fun playing TTO, and when I heard that Toontown Rewritten was going to keep the game alive, I was stunned in awe of the community that loves the game as much as I do. I might've stopped fighting to take a mental break, but when I return, I'll be as strong as ever! Toons of the World, Unite!
Old 11-28-2019, 10:42 PM
Procrastinator Master
Quackers Jr.'s Main Toon Info

My Mood: Adventurous
Quackers Jr. was one of the first to find ^^vv<><>BA
Hey, everyone.

I created this account simply just to comment on this thread to thank you all for giving Toontown a wonderful 16 years. This game has always held a special place in my heart and it's wonderful to see that there's still an active, vibrant community for it, despite Online officially shutting down so long ago.

Rock on!
Old 11-28-2019, 10:47 PM
TTR Monitor and Tails Fan!
Augie Doodle's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Disney
Augie Doodle has the heart of a hobbit!Augie Doodle has the heart of a hobbit!Augie Doodle has the heart of a hobbit!Augie Doodle has the heart of a hobbit!Augie Doodle has the heart of a hobbit!Augie Doodle has the heart of a hobbit!Augie Doodle has the heart of a hobbit!Augie Doodle has the heart of a hobbit!Augie Doodle has the heart of a hobbit!Augie Doodle has the heart of a hobbit!Augie Doodle has the heart of a hobbit!
Yep, Iím still here! I donít post as often as I used to on here though cause I am busy with Toontown stuff all the time keeping the game safe and testing new things for the game. Thanks for the shoutout Joey!

Toontown will always be a huge part of my life as I have always been a Mickey and Disney fan. I met many of my friends on there and via MMOCF, and am happy to still be a part of this community to this day. Also my biggest memories for Toontown are the test town events that happened regularly and even being able to run a couple myself. :)
Old 11-29-2019, 12:32 AM
Registered Rabbit
_Holly_'s Main Toon Info

_Holly_ has the heart of a hobbit!_Holly_ has the heart of a hobbit!_Holly_ has the heart of a hobbit!_Holly_ has the heart of a hobbit!_Holly_ has the heart of a hobbit!_Holly_ has the heart of a hobbit!_Holly_ has the heart of a hobbit!_Holly_ has the heart of a hobbit!_Holly_ has the heart of a hobbit!_Holly_ has the heart of a hobbit!_Holly_ has the heart of a hobbit!
I played Toontown Online from 2004-2007. I learned about the game via a Neopets flash game advertising it. I actually didn't want to try Toontown because I thought the flash game was bad. But my little brother insisted, so I helped him sign up for the free trial. The game was a little hard for him at that age and I had to help. The next thing I knew I had my own toon I played more than he did. The game was pretty novel at that time. It was the first MMO for kids. I didn't really know what an MMO was, so at first I remember thinking other players were NPCs and what they were saying in SpeedChat was scripted dialogue.

I got tired of the game after a while, in part due to its repetitiveness and also due to having a lot going on in my life. But what really made me lose interest was the Nutty River/invasion district thing. From what I read here a lot of people have fond memories of it, but for me that was not the case at all. For me the increasing reliance on parkers (which were against the rules) and all the lag and trolls took the fun out of the game.

I heard about TTO closing, and about a year later I was watching some YouTube video about kids' games from my era (late '90s/early '00s). In the sidebar there were current Toontown videos. Obviously I was confused... I thought Toontown was gone! I was bored and feeling nostalgic so I tried TTR. I thought I'd play just a little bit. Then I thought I'd finish DDL on one toon just so I could try BBHQ. Then I thought I'd play two toons, one trapless one dropless. The next thing I knew I had 16 toons.

I have to say, I like TTR better than TTO in some ways, mainly because it fixed a lot of the parking, glitching, and trolling issues I saw in TTO. And from what I've heard what it was like in 2007 was nothing compared to the later years of the game. Despite what Joey says I'm most grateful to TTR just for keeping Toontown alive and healthy. But by far the number one thing that keeps me playing is CCG. You're guaranteed to be playing with a great group of players 99% of the time with CCG, and on the rare occasion a rude person come to CCG other CCGers won't stand for it. CCG rocks!
Old 11-29-2019, 12:58 AM
quack quack quackity
Flippers's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Toony
Flippers is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookFlippers is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookFlippers is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookFlippers is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookFlippers is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookFlippers is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookFlippers is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookFlippers is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookFlippers is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookFlippers is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbook
Wink

How many of us cried? Our Toons were DEAD!

My friend, for whom Toontown got her through the grief of having lost her husband, had relied on me to make a video of her Toons waving good-bye as she relocated to a smaller home. But that was not possible. With those hacking problems you mentioned, TTO ended hours ahead & most of us did not get to say a proper goodbye.

- Memories of Uber Night with CCG on Tuesdays, which were truly the easiest runs with the best players.

- Running with friends through a Field Office challenge in Halloween costumes & carrying water balloons was hysterical.

- Learning stunning with CCG and realizing how harmless the VP actually was as our hosts controlled when he was permitted to jump back up so we could learn more techniques and take turns.

- Stunless CJs. The fastest battles ever. A first run on a new toon joined by five maxed Big Wig friends for a glorious stunless fest.

- My uber tribute toon for LOM joined by other tribute toons in the VP including Soggy Bottom and the original Mata Hairy.

- Being part of the original "TTR" aka Toons to the Rescue to help toons with their tasks. Back in the mid-naughts when Decoration Weekend left Toontown Central full of large buildings from wall-to-wall Hollywood invasions, we took tasking toons through them to help while clearing the streets to keep TTC safe!

Making Top Toons in one day for the tasking & buildings categories as my new piggy went from Loony Louis to LOM.

And tons of other memories...
Old 11-29-2019, 02:21 AM
Soundless is growl
Lori's Main Toon Info

My Mood: ToonEnough
Lori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey MouseLori is an iconic figure worthy of Mickey Mouse
I started playing Toontown wayyy back in its early days - before VP existed. I was young at this point and didn't realize just how new the game was. I continued playing the game off and on through high school and college - I mostly just returned during summer breaks.

I started playing it a lot more around 2011 which is when i joined this forum. I joined because I wanted to be able to post CCG run reports. I became a CCG ambassador in 2013 and was still an ambassador when TTO closed that year. I feel lucky to have been such a big part of the CCG when our game closed, and to help keep it active before TTR opened to the public.

I was lucky enough to get an alpha key near the end of the TTR's alpha stage. I have played TTR pretty regularly since then.

The game, CCG, and this forum as a whole are so very precious to me because of ways it has helped me in my personal life. I was a moderator of this forum when I applied for my current IRL job, and I used someone who is now a HOF admin as a reference. She was able to tell my boss how hard of a worker I was based solely on what she had seen on this forum. Also three years ago I met my boyfriend through the CCG (ugh online relationship, cringe, groan) and we have lived together for the past year and a half.

I have done everything I know how to do to keep this forum active, and I truly hope it lives on for many years. Having you post this thread here, Joey, means a whole lot to me (and I know other mods and forum members as well) because this place is home.
Old 11-29-2019, 02:30 AM
Sobble Girl
DragonSong's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Happy
DragonSong has the heart of a hobbit!DragonSong has the heart of a hobbit!DragonSong has the heart of a hobbit!DragonSong has the heart of a hobbit!DragonSong has the heart of a hobbit!DragonSong has the heart of a hobbit!DragonSong has the heart of a hobbit!DragonSong has the heart of a hobbit!DragonSong has the heart of a hobbit!DragonSong has the heart of a hobbit!DragonSong has the heart of a hobbit!
Oh gosh, the memories I made in TTR! Having fun roleplaying, and meeting some awesome people! Thank you for those, without MMOCF and the TRR team, I wouldn't have met the friends I've made over the years.