Go Back   MMO Central Forums > Toontown Rewritten > Toontown Rewritten Playground > TTR Archive

Notices

TTR Archive Archive for TTR threads.

Old Update Discussion/Speculation *Megathread* V. 2.0

Login or Register now to see fewer ads.

Old 06-25-2014, 09:31 PM
TTR Beta Tester
darthtoon's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Inspired
darthtoon helps all the newbs!darthtoon helps all the newbs!darthtoon helps all the newbs!
They probably won't have a update tomorrow, due to server stability problems.
Old 06-26-2014, 09:42 AM
Dyno... BOOM!!!
Dynaboom's Main Toon Info

My Mood: ToonEnough
Dynaboom is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookDynaboom is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookDynaboom is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookDynaboom is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookDynaboom is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookDynaboom is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookDynaboom is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookDynaboom is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookDynaboom is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbook
So many new comments. I feel lost. :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Pancake Z View Post
Joey said there will be a good update soon, and I asked for a hint. This is what he said:
Is that about the Propeller Packs that Doctor Dimm wasn't supposed to blab about?

I saw a video that said they were supposed to be used in the lawbot version of the field offices. After field offices came out, they had to add them to the phase files of course. But they also added tons and tons of unused files for future updates. The video showed him accessing the files much like I've looked through the TTR Phase Files, so it looked super believable. Super legit.

The concept looks really fun too. It looks like there's a super long platforming section and you use the pack to fly from platform to platform. Of course, Toontown isn't known for platforming bliss. Not many locations in the game can afford to have bottomless pits. Toon Escape does, but that's sorta in 2D, and even then, it doesn't feel quite right. Sonic Generations has a similar problem with quirks that make it clear it's a 3D game stuck on a 2D track. Now I think the TTR has an oportunity here to make Toon Escape better and more responsive. If they could give the controls that "snap" that Mario had on the NES and Sonic had on the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive... Oh MAN!!

Wait, what was I saying before. Oh yeah... Don't mind me, I'm trying to find a post I made a while ago back here. Because the Morse Code Update on MMO Central Forums is a pain to Google. :P Maybe I'll end up finding that update the hard way... oh well.
Old 06-26-2014, 12:33 PM
Oh no, Space Monkeys! Run
D. Bonkers Kookyquack's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Cool
D. Bonkers Kookyquack is famous at conventions.D. Bonkers Kookyquack is famous at conventions.D. Bonkers Kookyquack is famous at conventions.D. Bonkers Kookyquack is famous at conventions.D. Bonkers Kookyquack is famous at conventions.D. Bonkers Kookyquack is famous at conventions.
Field Offices. That's just pretty much it. Propeller packs, Lord Lowden Clear... srsly? XD
Old 06-26-2014, 01:44 PM
Mouse Master
Bawpotter's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Toony
Bawpotter will soon be Dungeon Master!
Well, my guess is LBHQ. I think they will release all of the HQ's before they release field offices, although, it would be an interesting twist to get the field offices BEFORE the HQ. I'm just hoping that more beta key tasks are released. (I'm thinking something along the lines of: Look! A new, big, cog thing! Toon HQ has decided that they need even more toons to come into town and help us out!)
Old 06-26-2014, 03:19 PM
Game Over
Super Pancake Z's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Amuzed
Super Pancake Z will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSuper Pancake Z will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSuper Pancake Z will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSuper Pancake Z will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSuper Pancake Z will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSuper Pancake Z will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSuper Pancake Z will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSuper Pancake Z will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSuper Pancake Z will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSuper Pancake Z will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSuper Pancake Z will one day be as helpful as Samwise Gamgee
I mean, it should be today of all days. A ripple, an anomaly, 26.
Old 06-26-2014, 03:31 PM
Avid TTR Player
Zix's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Sleepy
Zix helps all the newbs!Zix helps all the newbs!Zix helps all the newbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawpotter View Post
I'm thinking something along the lines of: Look! A new, big, cog thing! Toon HQ has decided that they need even more toons to come into town and help us out!
They don't need reasoning for adding more Beta Keys. They can, I'm just saying it's not like a 'we have been trying to figure out how to incorporate it into the plot' roadblock.
Old 06-26-2014, 11:10 PM
Oh no, Space Monkeys! Run
D. Bonkers Kookyquack's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Cool
D. Bonkers Kookyquack is famous at conventions.D. Bonkers Kookyquack is famous at conventions.D. Bonkers Kookyquack is famous at conventions.D. Bonkers Kookyquack is famous at conventions.D. Bonkers Kookyquack is famous at conventions.D. Bonkers Kookyquack is famous at conventions.
Decrypted Post today using Affine Cipher

Quote:
Done and done.

Today's hearing represents the first case of a Toon on trial with close ties to the Toon Resistance and Anti-Cog Movements, the infamous inventor DOCTOR SURLEE.
What in the name of -- Oh, for the love of Walt. Perfect.
You have the right to remain silent, Toon. Now, all rise for the fair and honorable Chief Justice.
Enough, enough. Sit down and get back to work.
Hello, Chief!
Quiet, Doctor Surlee. You've been charged with violating the Toon Council's teleportation restrictions and creating your own bypasses into the "Portable Hole" network. How do you plead?
If I say guilty, can I go home sooner?
Your jokes won't save you here, Doctor.
How can you even put me on trial? The Council isn't here, let alone would they agree with going forth with this.
OVER-RULED! Backstabber, bring out the evidence. We'll start with a diary entry dated November 28th, 1998. Begin reading.
Now hang on--

"Day 37 of the Rewritten Experiment. Thus far, everything has been going smoothly. I've plopped the ideas of all of the neighborhoods into their heads, and it's nearly finished construction! Once again, however, The Toon Council won't give in on teleportation access. 'It's too dangerous', they say. 'We need to regulate it, they say.' Bah, even with the idea ahead of time it wouldn't change their minds. Surely, it has some kinks here and there. Mostly harmless, though.

Of course... That's what they thought about the machines, too. That's what he thought about the machines. They were mostly harmless. And look where that got him. Look where that got me. Every day, every hour, every second we get closer to the Election. It's 5 years away yet I still can't get it out of my mind. Will I even be able to watch? I have to, the experiment has to go on. I'm not sure if I can bear to see it again. I can't warn them, I can't interfere. The best I can do is prepare them. Maybe the Trolleybots will help with that, and then again maybe they won't."

You can stop reading now.
I'll have no discussion as the evidence is being presented, Doctor Surlee. Continue, Backstabber. "I've been questioning myself lately -- should I go through with it? If it weren't for them, we wouldn't have made the advancements that we've made today. Err, rather, 38 days ago. But if it weren't for them, he would still be here. If he knew what he was being erased for, would he think it is worth it? On the other hand, without the advancements we may have become like the machines ourselves. The Trolley would get repetitive, the gags would get old... Fighting them became a common pastime of Toontown. When I came back, though, it was too late. I'm not making that same mistake. That's what I keep telling myself. When I have to watch him go sad again -- because of ME -- I hope I can live up to it.

Right: Portable Holes. The Toon Council won't let toons teleport anywhere without earning it. Good for community service, I suppose. Even then, they won't let them teleport to the local barber shop or drop in for a quick ice cream cone. Once again, I had to put my own bypasses in. Against the rules? A little bit. It is my invention, however. The mumpkatron can handle it. Probably."

Guilty as charged. Now, where did you get that?...
The Chairman found quite a few things in that hunk of metal you call a "Lab". Which brings me to the next piece of evidence, the blueprint.

ttr://assets/confidential.jpg

I see. Can I request to hear today's date?
The 26th of June.
Right. That makes sense. I wish it did, actually -- but no matter. The blueprint won't do you any good without the ba-- ttr://assets/ordered-zones.jpg

Oh, you have the back as well.
At long last, Doctor Surlee, I SENTENCE YOU TO-
Hang on, one more thing. You know the funny part of this, I actually have one of those bypasses right up here as well. See, I just stand up right here...
Doctor Surlee, I demand-
And all I have to say...
Don't try it.
Is...
STOP HIM!
"I'll be back later!"

A black hole then proceeded to appear under the feet of the accused, taking him out of sight. The screaming afterwards has been striked from the record by order of the Chief Justice.

No matter, we'll be able to convict the Doctor soon enough. Send the records to the media. Legal Eagles, who is next on the docket?
A bear by the name of Bumpy Bumblebehr, your honor.
Excellent.
Old 06-26-2014, 11:14 PM
Currently playing WoW
Purretty's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Bored
Purretty will soon be Dungeon Master!
What are those images?
Old 06-26-2014, 11:25 PM
window
Windmillie's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Rainbow
Windmillie is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookWindmillie is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookWindmillie is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookWindmillie is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookWindmillie is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookWindmillie is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookWindmillie is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookWindmillie is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookWindmillie is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookWindmillie is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbook
First one- https://www.toontownrewritten.com/as...nfidential.jpg
Second one- https://www.toontownrewritten.com/as...ered-zones.jpg
Old 06-26-2014, 11:32 PM
Taking the Scenic Route
samuraijack246's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Adventurous
samuraijack246 was one of the first to find ^^vv<><>BA
Chairman Outline

the chairman outlines are still there?!
Old 06-26-2014, 11:36 PM
I <3 LoL + Toontown
Spiro The Spy Dog's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Sneaky
Spiro The Spy Dog helps all the newbs!Spiro The Spy Dog helps all the newbs!Spiro The Spy Dog helps all the newbs!
It's finally confirmed. Surlee's a timetraveller.
Old 06-26-2014, 11:37 PM
Mathematician
Murky Dizzynugget's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Quiet
Murky Dizzynugget helps all the newbs!Murky Dizzynugget helps all the newbs!Murky Dizzynugget helps all the newbs!
Have free time, will get to work decoding text in images, will edit post when done...

EDIT: With all of these double/triple letters, I haven't a darn clue how to decode the blueprints. Sorry >.<

Last edited by Murky Dizzynugget; 06-27-2014 at 12:37 AM..
Old 06-27-2014, 12:11 AM
I am the scout.
Hi5TBone's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Crazy
Hi5TBone is famous at conventions.Hi5TBone is famous at conventions.Hi5TBone is famous at conventions.Hi5TBone is famous at conventions.Hi5TBone is famous at conventions.Hi5TBone is famous at conventions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by samuraijack246 View Post
the chairman outlines are still there?!
Looks like it
Old 06-27-2014, 12:28 AM
Comfortably numb
Mr. Pie Guy's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Busy
Mr. Pie Guy has the heart of a hobbit!Mr. Pie Guy has the heart of a hobbit!Mr. Pie Guy has the heart of a hobbit!Mr. Pie Guy has the heart of a hobbit!Mr. Pie Guy has the heart of a hobbit!Mr. Pie Guy has the heart of a hobbit!Mr. Pie Guy has the heart of a hobbit!Mr. Pie Guy has the heart of a hobbit!Mr. Pie Guy has the heart of a hobbit!Mr. Pie Guy has the heart of a hobbit!Mr. Pie Guy has the heart of a hobbit!
One of the coords led here:

Click the image to view the full version
Old 06-27-2014, 01:01 AM
Game Over
Super Pancake Z's Main Toon Info

My Mood: Amuzed
Super Pancake Z will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSuper Pancake Z will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSuper Pancake Z will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSuper Pancake Z will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSuper Pancake Z will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSuper Pancake Z will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSuper Pancake Z will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSuper Pancake Z will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSuper Pancake Z will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSuper Pancake Z will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSuper Pancake Z will one day be as helpful as Samwise Gamgee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pie Guy View Post
One of the coords led here:

Click the image to view the full version
Which one?!?! I want to get there soon!