Go Back   MMO Central Forums > Toontown Rewritten > Toontown Rewritten Playground > TTR Archive

Notices

TTR Archive Archive for TTR threads.

Old My Two Cents - Constructive Criticism

Login or Register now to see fewer ads.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 03-24-2014, 12:33 AM
JoeyZio's Avatar
JoeyZio JoeyZio is offline
Toontown Team - Sir Max
JoeyZio's Main Toon Info



Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Where No Toon Has Gone Before..
Posts: 1,251
My Mood: Toonish
JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!
Woah, woah, woah! Hang on a second. We're not falling apart, nor trying to hide anything from you. Contrary to popular belief, we don't even have moderation privileges in this forum. The MCF staff does all the moderation, which I think they do a fine job of doing.

For your point with the Joshsora situation, we kicked people and asked them not to talk about it because we had no answers at all, nor had we discussed about it internally. McQuack brought something serious to my attention and we had to remove Josh from everything as fast as possible, then talk about it. We kicked people who were spreading rumors and arguments about it, because we didn't want Josh to be blamed for something he didn't do. Josh quit the team on his own because he doesn't want to do modeling anymore and move on to other things. The issue was only that he told his friends before he told us. Nothing was being covered up at all, we just wanted to stop rumors that may hurt his reputation. As for last night, as far as I know no one was kicked unless they were spamming or getting overly angry. We didn't discuss anything because we didn't know the answer, and even now we don't know the answers. We're still talking over things. The "Internal Changes" that Too Many Secrets mentioned were simply about our testing and release process - not about anything dramatic.

It is true that we have tested other developers, but I don't see why that upsets you at all that they weren't added. If people come to us and ask for a test on developing, we'll give them one. Along with it, we say that we aren't really looking for developers until we are past the alpha stage anyway. It's not like we have a big newspaper ad that says "DEVELOPERS FOR HIRE" -- if we hired every developer who asked our team would be enormous. If they have coding experience and seem fit for the team, we put them on a list to come back to if we ever need developers in the future. Currently, as we said, we're pretty well off on our own.

I will admit that our moderation is inconsistent. I myself do little to no moderation between everything else we have to do, however I am the one who sets the rules. Because the game is in an alpha phase, we have generally been going by the "Only what Disney allowed" ruleset, but the problem is that our views of Disney's rules are all different. I may approve one name that another person may reject. I may allow one form of advertising that someone else might now allow. Personally, I would allow the MCF Trivia channel to be posted and will talk to the other guys about that to let them know not to do anything like that in the future.

Trust me, nothing has happened on Toontown Rewritten that is preventing our success in the future. The election debacle is a mess, however it was never meant to be anything more than giving us a bit of a break from restoring the main game. We had so many ideas for it that it did evolve to something bigger, but by then we had already announced it and have been extremely pressured from the community to get it out. Yesterday I as well some of the other developers were running on less than four hours of sleep and extreme stress. We managed to finish the code just in time in a joyful celebration, only to have the server crash under pressure. We did our best, but our brains were complete mush by then and we had to stop. We're talking things over on our next steps, and we'll let you know about them as soon as we know.

We aren't going anywhere. We've been using up all of our freetime for six months now to volunteer to restore an online game, so of course we're a little bit burned out and need a break. We've made it this far, however, so why in the name of the Tooniverse would we stop now?

Hopefully this has cleared up some of your doubts, but feel free to throw more at me.
  #32  
Old 03-24-2014, 12:40 AM
Night Light's Avatar
Night Light Night Light is offline
It makes me so sad, girl.
Night Light's Main Toon Info



Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The Magical World of Disney
Posts: 3,849
My Mood: Ethereal
Night Light has the heart of a hobbit!Night Light has the heart of a hobbit!Night Light has the heart of a hobbit!Night Light has the heart of a hobbit!Night Light has the heart of a hobbit!Night Light has the heart of a hobbit!Night Light has the heart of a hobbit!Night Light has the heart of a hobbit!Night Light has the heart of a hobbit!Night Light has the heart of a hobbit!Night Light has the heart of a hobbit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey19982 View Post
We've made it this far, however, so why in the name of the Tooniverse would we stop now?
This. This. This, will be my new motto. Very inspirational.

Anyways, great points Joey, and thanks for keeping us a bit in the loop :) Good luck with TTR struggles.

~Night Light
  #33  
Old 03-24-2014, 12:40 AM
Z.Z.Reloaded's Avatar
Z.Z.Reloaded Z.Z.Reloaded is offline
5... 4... 3... 2... 1... *cheers*
Z.Z.Reloaded's Main Toon Info



Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Way, Way Out There
Posts: 1,034
My Mood: Mornin
Z.Z.Reloaded is famous at conventions.Z.Z.Reloaded is famous at conventions.Z.Z.Reloaded is famous at conventions.Z.Z.Reloaded is famous at conventions.Z.Z.Reloaded is famous at conventions.Z.Z.Reloaded is famous at conventions.
Thanks for clearing things up Joey!
  #34  
Old 03-24-2014, 12:41 AM
Zapzilla Zapzilla is offline
Taking the Scenic Route
Zapzilla's Main Toon Info

Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 192
Zapzilla has disabled reputation
Icon14 Thank you Joey.

There has been too much hate and confusion that toons like me could not bear to see. So thank you Joey for clearing this up. You and your team are doing a marvelous job. And sacrificing all your free time for this game means you really do care. You have my full support and sympathy. I just hope the hate and confusion ends.
  #35  
Old 03-24-2014, 12:41 AM
ElectroGadget0 ElectroGadget0 is offline
A leader of tomorrow
ElectroGadget0's Main Toon Info

Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: That's strictly classified
Posts: 173
My Mood: ToonEnough
ElectroGadget0 glows with inner TooninessElectroGadget0 glows with inner TooninessElectroGadget0 glows with inner TooninessElectroGadget0 glows with inner TooninessElectroGadget0 glows with inner TooninessElectroGadget0 glows with inner Tooniness
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectroGadget0 View Post
Yeah, I like that idea, gives you developers (known as the super-duper fans ;)) a chance to make the election more better. Hey, Sir Max, I watched your stream yesterday, and I was not happy with the language these people chose to use in the discussion. If, this is how people act why should TTR even be? Sir Max, I am not here to get mad at you for the delay, I am a concerned Toon, who witnessed a(n) adult like language which is not tolerated in front of young children. My biggest question for you Sir Max, is will this be tolerated at all in TTR? I can't remember the exact words that you stated on the stream, but it was something like "Not all trolls can be dealt with." I really hope they can be dealt with in Toontown Rewritten, because its based off on a children's game. I just wanted to bring this to your attention!

Sir Max (joey19982)
Sorry, if this post causes you any kind of trouble. If, so It was not my intention.
Thank you, Joey for everything you have done.
NOTE: The videos you have on your youtube are cool. When, you get the time you should finish the Toonbook Launch Trailer. I may join Toonbook, if you do, and or sooner.

P.S.
Your video of the election is not on your youtube page anymore.

From:
ElectroGadget (ElectroGadget0)
http://www.mmocentralforums.com/foru...94#post4029794
  #36  
Old 03-24-2014, 12:43 AM
Mister Fluffy Dynoteeth's Avatar
Mister Fluffy Dynoteeth Mister Fluffy Dynoteeth is offline
Playing TTR Beta! :)
Mister Fluffy Dynoteeth's Main Toon Info



Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Cashbot Mint
Posts: 5,188
My Mood: Hopeful
Mister Fluffy Dynoteeth is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookMister Fluffy Dynoteeth is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookMister Fluffy Dynoteeth is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookMister Fluffy Dynoteeth is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookMister Fluffy Dynoteeth is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookMister Fluffy Dynoteeth is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookMister Fluffy Dynoteeth is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookMister Fluffy Dynoteeth is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookMister Fluffy Dynoteeth is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey19982 View Post
Woah, woah, woah! Hang on a second. We're not falling apart, nor trying to hide anything from you. Contrary to popular belief, we don't even have moderation privileges in this forum. The MCF staff does all the moderation, which I think they do a fine job of doing.



For your point with the Joshsora situation, we kicked people and asked them not to talk about it because we had no answers at all, nor had we discussed about it internally. McQuack brought something serious to my attention and we had to remove Josh from everything as fast as possible, then talk about it. We kicked people who were spreading rumors and arguments about it, because we didn't want Josh to be blamed for something he didn't do. Josh quit the team on his own because he doesn't want to do modeling anymore and move on to other things. The issue was only that he told his friends before he told us. Nothing was being covered up at all, we just wanted to stop rumors that may hurt his reputation. As for last night, as far as I know no one was kicked unless they were spamming or getting overly angry. We didn't discuss anything because we didn't know the answer, and even now we don't know the answers. We're still talking over things. The "Internal Changes" that Too Many Secrets mentioned were simply about our testing and release process - not about anything dramatic.



It is true that we have tested other developers, but I don't see why that upsets you at all that they weren't added. If people come to us and ask for a test on developing, we'll give them one. Along with it, we say that we aren't really looking for developers until we are past the alpha stage anyway. It's not like we have a big newspaper ad that says "DEVELOPERS FOR HIRE" -- if we hired every developer who asked our team would be enormous. If they have coding experience and seem fit for the team, we put them on a list to come back to if we ever need developers in the future. Currently, as we said, we're pretty well off on our own.



I will admit that our moderation is inconsistent. I myself do little to no moderation between everything else we have to do, however I am the one who sets the rules. Because the game is in an alpha phase, we have generally been going by the "Only what Disney allowed" ruleset, but the problem is that our views of Disney's rules are all different. I may approve one name that another person may reject. I may allow one form of advertising that someone else might now allow. Personally, I would allow the MCF Trivia channel to be posted and will talk to the other guys about that to let them know not to do anything like that in the future.



Trust me, nothing has happened on Toontown Rewritten that is preventing our success in the future. The election debacle is a mess, however it was never meant to be anything more than giving us a bit of a break from restoring the main game. We had so many ideas for it that it did evolve to something bigger, but by then we had already announced it and have been extremely pressured from the community to get it out. Yesterday I as well some of the other developers were running on less than four hours of sleep and extreme stress. We managed to finish the code just in time in a joyful celebration, only to have the server crash under pressure. We did our best, but our brains were complete mush by then and we had to stop. We're talking things over on our next steps, and we'll let you know about them as soon as we know.



We aren't going anywhere. We've been using up all of our freetime for six months now to volunteer to restore an online game, so of course we're a little bit burned out and need a break. We've made it this far, however, so why in the name of the Tooniverse would we stop now?



Hopefully this has cleared up some of your doubts, but feel free to throw more at me.
It's great to hear an official answer to all of these concerns; it puts my own concerns at rest, so thanks for that.



Thanks again for sticking through with TTR despite all of the issues that have risen lately, I really appreciate everything you guys do
__________________
My current Steam status:

  #37  
Old 03-24-2014, 12:44 AM
BooBooDuck13's Avatar
BooBooDuck13 BooBooDuck13 is offline
Tooning since 2006
BooBooDuck13's Main Toon Info



Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: "Tooning" it up
Posts: 324
My Mood: Wishful
BooBooDuck13 could defeat Bowser one-handed!BooBooDuck13 could defeat Bowser one-handed!BooBooDuck13 could defeat Bowser one-handed!BooBooDuck13 could defeat Bowser one-handed!
Thanks Joey for taking the time to clear to air :D I can't imagine how you are handling it all I would be so stressed!!! I hope the future runs smoother for you!
  #38  
Old 03-24-2014, 12:58 AM
Skinny Wacko Picklepocket's Avatar
Skinny Wacko Picklepocket Skinny Wacko Picklepocket is offline
Bongo Boingenboucer/Skinny Wacko Jr
Skinny Wacko Picklepocket's Main Toon Info



Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Eating Shirts
Posts: 1,207
My Mood: Horsey
Skinny Wacko Picklepocket will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSkinny Wacko Picklepocket will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSkinny Wacko Picklepocket will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSkinny Wacko Picklepocket will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSkinny Wacko Picklepocket will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSkinny Wacko Picklepocket will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSkinny Wacko Picklepocket will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSkinny Wacko Picklepocket will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSkinny Wacko Picklepocket will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSkinny Wacko Picklepocket will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSkinny Wacko Picklepocket will one day be as helpful as Samwise Gamgee
Joey, I think you and your entire crew of volunteers have done an awesome job on everything so far!

I think one of the big problems is having the younger fan base. Many of them are unaware of and have never experienced real life issues when it comes to working, especially something involving a team related project, such as TTR.

Also the extra pressure to try and keep your fan base interested and entertained, as to keep there faith and interest in the game reopening again someday, is also an extra workload that normally wouldn't be brought into play. Something that I think all of you have been doing a super wonderful job at so far, with your on site news updates, and the little riddles that you throw out here on MMO from time to time, which really keeps people busy, as I'm sure you can see.

But remember you do also have an older adult fan base out here, which I am a part of, that is also quietly and patiently awaiting for our beloved game to come back to life....

Don't get too burned out and take that break...get away from ANY development for a while, is maybe whats needed.
Its a wonder what a 2-3 week vacation away from it all can do to the mind when put back to work after a vacation.

Your true TTR fans will always be here waiting! :)
  #39  
Old 03-24-2014, 01:05 AM
MoonLightRiver MoonLightRiver is offline
My Username scrolls because I'm soooo good at #toontowntrivia !
MoonLightRiver's Main Toon Info



Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Error 2179806, please try again.
Posts: 6,901
My Mood: BadDay
MoonLightRiver has the heart of a hobbit!MoonLightRiver has the heart of a hobbit!MoonLightRiver has the heart of a hobbit!MoonLightRiver has the heart of a hobbit!MoonLightRiver has the heart of a hobbit!MoonLightRiver has the heart of a hobbit!MoonLightRiver has the heart of a hobbit!MoonLightRiver has the heart of a hobbit!MoonLightRiver has the heart of a hobbit!MoonLightRiver has the heart of a hobbit!MoonLightRiver has the heart of a hobbit!
Thank you Joey for the clarification!! I think you guys are doing an awesome job with TTR. There has been so much hatred going around. Again, thanks for clarifying!
  #40  
Old 03-24-2014, 01:06 AM
Mister Fluffy Dynoteeth's Avatar
Mister Fluffy Dynoteeth Mister Fluffy Dynoteeth is offline
Playing TTR Beta! :)
Mister Fluffy Dynoteeth's Main Toon Info



Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Cashbot Mint
Posts: 5,188
My Mood: Hopeful
Mister Fluffy Dynoteeth is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookMister Fluffy Dynoteeth is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookMister Fluffy Dynoteeth is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookMister Fluffy Dynoteeth is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookMister Fluffy Dynoteeth is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookMister Fluffy Dynoteeth is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookMister Fluffy Dynoteeth is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookMister Fluffy Dynoteeth is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbookMister Fluffy Dynoteeth is featured in Minnie's favorite toon scrapbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Wacko Picklepocket View Post
Joey, I think you and your entire crew of volunteers have done an awesome job on everything so far!





....But remember you do also have an older adult fan base out here, which I am a part of, that is also quietly and patiently awaiting for our beloved game to come back to life....



Don't get too burned out and take that break...get away from ANY development for a while, is maybe whats needed.

Its a wonder what a 2-3 week vacation away from it all can do to the mind when put back to work after a vacation.



Your true TTR fans will always be here waiting! :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by green99 View Post
Your talent and work have not gone unnoticed. The entire dev team deserve our thanks and continued support and that's what you have from *most* of us.

In the meantime it is MORE important for you all to get your rest and regroup when the time comes. Sometimes stepping back a bit makes it all so much clearer.

Keep up the good work!
100% agreed
__________________
My current Steam status:


Last edited by Mister Fluffy Dynoteeth; 03-24-2014 at 03:09 AM.. Reason: Fixed post and added quote
  #41  
Old 03-24-2014, 01:09 AM
green99's Avatar
green99 green99 is offline
Bacon and Duke
green99's Main Toon Info



Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Sellbot Factory
Posts: 67
My Mood: Curious
green99 could defeat Bowser one-handed!green99 could defeat Bowser one-handed!green99 could defeat Bowser one-handed!green99 could defeat Bowser one-handed!
Your talent and work have not gone unnoticed. The entire dev team deserve our thanks and continued support and that's what you have from *most* of us.

In the meantime it is MORE important for you all to get your rest and regroup when the time comes. Sometimes stepping back a bit makes it all so much clearer.

Keep up the good work!
  #42  
Old 03-24-2014, 01:19 AM
spike1898's Avatar
spike1898 spike1898 is offline
Taking the Scenic Route
spike1898's Main Toon Info



Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cashbot Headquarters
Posts: 179
My Mood: Toony
spike1898 helps all the newbs!spike1898 helps all the newbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey19982 View Post
Woah, woah, woah! Hang on a second. We're not falling apart, nor trying to hide anything from you. Contrary to popular belief, we don't even have moderation privileges in this forum. The MCF staff does all the moderation, which I think they do a fine job of doing.

For your point with the Joshsora situation, we kicked people and asked them not to talk about it because we had no answers at all, nor had we discussed about it internally. McQuack brought something serious to my attention and we had to remove Josh from everything as fast as possible, then talk about it. We kicked people who were spreading rumors and arguments about it, because we didn't want Josh to be blamed for something he didn't do. Josh quit the team on his own because he doesn't want to do modeling anymore and move on to other things. The issue was only that he told his friends before he told us. Nothing was being covered up at all, we just wanted to stop rumors that may hurt his reputation. As for last night, as far as I know no one was kicked unless they were spamming or getting overly angry. We didn't discuss anything because we didn't know the answer, and even now we don't know the answers. We're still talking over things. The "Internal Changes" that Too Many Secrets mentioned were simply about our testing and release process - not about anything dramatic.

It is true that we have tested other developers, but I don't see why that upsets you at all that they weren't added. If people come to us and ask for a test on developing, we'll give them one. Along with it, we say that we aren't really looking for developers until we are past the alpha stage anyway. It's not like we have a big newspaper ad that says "DEVELOPERS FOR HIRE" -- if we hired every developer who asked our team would be enormous. If they have coding experience and seem fit for the team, we put them on a list to come back to if we ever need developers in the future. Currently, as we said, we're pretty well off on our own.

I will admit that our moderation is inconsistent. I myself do little to no moderation between everything else we have to do, however I am the one who sets the rules. Because the game is in an alpha phase, we have generally been going by the "Only what Disney allowed" ruleset, but the problem is that our views of Disney's rules are all different. I may approve one name that another person may reject. I may allow one form of advertising that someone else might now allow. Personally, I would allow the MCF Trivia channel to be posted and will talk to the other guys about that to let them know not to do anything like that in the future.

Trust me, nothing has happened on Toontown Rewritten that is preventing our success in the future. The election debacle is a mess, however it was never meant to be anything more than giving us a bit of a break from restoring the main game. We had so many ideas for it that it did evolve to something bigger, but by then we had already announced it and have been extremely pressured from the community to get it out. Yesterday I as well some of the other developers were running on less than four hours of sleep and extreme stress. We managed to finish the code just in time in a joyful celebration, only to have the server crash under pressure. We did our best, but our brains were complete mush by then and we had to stop. We're talking things over on our next steps, and we'll let you know about them as soon as we know.

We aren't going anywhere. We've been using up all of our freetime for six months now to volunteer to restore an online game, so of course we're a little bit burned out and need a break. We've made it this far, however, so why in the name of the Tooniverse would we stop now?

Hopefully this has cleared up some of your doubts, but feel free to throw more at me.
Thank you very much for clearing things up, Joey!

I've seen people talk about/talked to people myself who have claimed to have "passed" some sort of "test" to determine if they have the skills required to develop the game, yet weren't actually added to the team. Then I would see that someone who was on a stream with a developer gets added, which I assumed was only because they had a good relationship, which I've seen before happen in other servers. I admit I should have looked into this a bit more and not have assumed TTR would be like that.

As for the gameplay side of things, I'm grateful enough of the fact you guys are working very hard to bring this event, which was originally made to give you guys a break but is now a big project, to us all. I'm sure I speak on behalf of the fans when I say don't rush! We are all happy enough that TT will be coming back, so to put yourselves through sleep deprivation isn't necessary. I agree with others who have said the only issues are the overworking to attempt to reach deadlines.

As for the moderation, I hope that'll be something looked upon in the near future. It'd be a shame if people left solely because of moderation being too forced or not forced enough. I hope that we can all contribute ideas to help TTR achieve a good balance.

I'm glad to hear that TTR is going to be okay. Like I said, I really do appreciate the fact that you guys are giving us Toontown for free and it kills me I can't donate or do something else in return for that. Even better, you guys do care a lot about Toontown itself - Toons, just like us all. As someone who has played TT practically all throughout its life, it makes me happy to see that Toontown Rewritten is the group to bring it back to the thousands of fans who miss the game, and I really don't want to see that change. I just don't want to see it make the same mistakes servers such as OpenVMK have made (a private server for VMK that closed down because of conflicts within the team).

I apologize if the post was too critical at all as well, my intention was definitely not to offend. Thanks again!
  #43  
Old 03-24-2014, 01:22 AM
Cyndaquil707's Avatar
Cyndaquil707 Cyndaquil707 is offline
OBJECTION!
Cyndaquil707's Main Toon Info



Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: On this site, duhhh.
Posts: 1,980
My Mood: Gaming
Cyndaquil707 is famous at conventions.Cyndaquil707 is famous at conventions.Cyndaquil707 is famous at conventions.Cyndaquil707 is famous at conventions.Cyndaquil707 is famous at conventions.Cyndaquil707 is famous at conventions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey19982 View Post
Woah, woah, woah! Hang on a second. We're not falling apart, nor trying to hide anything from you. Contrary to popular belief, we don't even have moderation privileges in this forum. The MCF staff does all the moderation, which I think they do a fine job of doing.

For your point with the Joshsora situation, we kicked people and asked them not to talk about it because we had no answers at all, nor had we discussed about it internally. McQuack brought something serious to my attention and we had to remove Josh from everything as fast as possible, then talk about it. We kicked people who were spreading rumors and arguments about it, because we didn't want Josh to be blamed for something he didn't do. Josh quit the team on his own because he doesn't want to do modeling anymore and move on to other things. The issue was only that he told his friends before he told us. Nothing was being covered up at all, we just wanted to stop rumors that may hurt his reputation. As for last night, as far as I know no one was kicked unless they were spamming or getting overly angry. We didn't discuss anything because we didn't know the answer, and even now we don't know the answers. We're still talking over things. The "Internal Changes" that Too Many Secrets mentioned were simply about our testing and release process - not about anything dramatic.

It is true that we have tested other developers, but I don't see why that upsets you at all that they weren't added. If people come to us and ask for a test on developing, we'll give them one. Along with it, we say that we aren't really looking for developers until we are past the alpha stage anyway. It's not like we have a big newspaper ad that says "DEVELOPERS FOR HIRE" -- if we hired every developer who asked our team would be enormous. If they have coding experience and seem fit for the team, we put them on a list to come back to if we ever need developers in the future. Currently, as we said, we're pretty well off on our own.

I will admit that our moderation is inconsistent. I myself do little to no moderation between everything else we have to do, however I am the one who sets the rules. Because the game is in an alpha phase, we have generally been going by the "Only what Disney allowed" ruleset, but the problem is that our views of Disney's rules are all different. I may approve one name that another person may reject. I may allow one form of advertising that someone else might now allow. Personally, I would allow the MCF Trivia channel to be posted and will talk to the other guys about that to let them know not to do anything like that in the future.

Trust me, nothing has happened on Toontown Rewritten that is preventing our success in the future. The election debacle is a mess, however it was never meant to be anything more than giving us a bit of a break from restoring the main game. We had so many ideas for it that it did evolve to something bigger, but by then we had already announced it and have been extremely pressured from the community to get it out. Yesterday I as well some of the other developers were running on less than four hours of sleep and extreme stress. We managed to finish the code just in time in a joyful celebration, only to have the server crash under pressure. We did our best, but our brains were complete mush by then and we had to stop. We're talking things over on our next steps, and we'll let you know about them as soon as we know.

We aren't going anywhere. We've been using up all of our freetime for six months now to volunteer to restore an online game, so of course we're a little bit burned out and need a break. We've made it this far, however, so why in the name of the Tooniverse would we stop now?

Hopefully this has cleared up some of your doubts, but feel free to throw more at me.
Ahh, that post is quite the relief there.
  #44  
Old 03-24-2014, 01:25 AM
JoeyZio's Avatar
JoeyZio JoeyZio is offline
Toontown Team - Sir Max
JoeyZio's Main Toon Info



Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Where No Toon Has Gone Before..
Posts: 1,251
My Mood: Toonish
JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!JoeyZio has the heart of a hobbit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike1898 View Post
As for the moderation, I hope that'll be something looked upon in the near future. It'd be a shame if people left solely because of moderation being too forced or not forced enough. I hope that we can all contribute ideas to help TTR achieve a good balance.
Don't worry, we will be just as strict if not stricter than Disney was in terms of moderation, but we will hopefully be doing it in a better way such as ridding with the Whitelist for better chat moderation. It's just not something that we have prioritized right now since most of the alpha testers are well behaved.
  #45  
Old 03-24-2014, 01:38 AM
Skinny Wacko Picklepocket's Avatar
Skinny Wacko Picklepocket Skinny Wacko Picklepocket is offline
Bongo Boingenboucer/Skinny Wacko Jr
Skinny Wacko Picklepocket's Main Toon Info



Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Eating Shirts
Posts: 1,207
My Mood: Horsey
Skinny Wacko Picklepocket will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSkinny Wacko Picklepocket will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSkinny Wacko Picklepocket will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSkinny Wacko Picklepocket will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSkinny Wacko Picklepocket will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSkinny Wacko Picklepocket will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSkinny Wacko Picklepocket will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSkinny Wacko Picklepocket will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSkinny Wacko Picklepocket will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSkinny Wacko Picklepocket will one day be as helpful as Samwise GamgeeSkinny Wacko Picklepocket will one day be as helpful as Samwise Gamgee
Icon14

FOR THE TTRW TEAM! :)

 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 07:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
iWatchDog ICCS Certified Child Safe Website
MMO Central Forums on Facebook

CCG on Facebook