MMO Central Forums

MMO Central Forums (http://www.mmocentralforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Articles (http://www.mmocentralforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Welcome to MMO Central Forums! (http://www.mmocentralforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=346833)

Zilly 10-18-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamaste (Post 3940700)
Love it! Great work, everyone! Question: is there any chance the old TTC holiday skins will be imported? I see the holiday skins for POTCO forums and PH Online. Am I missing something?

Um, well... I made a mistake turning those on. Oops. After reviewing refreshing and reimagining 25 of the last 48 hours, my eyes have gone a little crossed. I assure you all skins TTC had before are still there. And will appear when the time is right.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain D (Post 3940701)
I thought there might be some new features as part of the update, like some staff members were alluding to in previous threads.

I think it'll be a good place to discuss games overall, but the collection of them seems limited. Also, the skin doesn't resemble gaming much. More like comic books. In my opinion, the header where the little penguin, robots, single toon, and other mix-matched characters should be removed. Not only does it clutter the header area, but it doesn't resemble what you're trying to relay to their members in the best way. Not to mention the heightened placement of the advertisement in the header's top right hand corner.

I think some things need to be worked out better, but all in all, I hope for the best for you guys.

I'm not sure what you mean in the way of new features. You have new avatars, new skins, new forums, new usergroups, and will have new smilies as soon as they're ready. It's a forum. You read, you post, you see pictures. You join chat channels and make new friends.

We chose from what games had been most popular previously. No sense making a subforum for every game known to make, having a gigantic forum list, and have them sit there mostly empty. We have always adjusted forums based on need and shall continue to do so.

I'm sorry you don't enjoy the skin. Thankfully we have plenty of others to choose from. I think the header is hilarious and my only regret is that Sven refused to accept some of LadyF's and my more... Uh... Helpful suggestions.

The Ninja 10-18-2013 04:41 PM

Thanks so much for doing this! I see what you meant by "some things are missing" after looking at my avatar :P

JoeyZio 10-18-2013 04:42 PM

I'm not a fan of the change for obvious reasons, but aside from Toontown Rewritten I don't think it was a good idea.

Jesse Schell's main advice was to stick together and show Disney that Toontown still has fans and not to let them forget about it. Of all forums Jesse chose this one to post his advice to, because it was the largest and has been around the longest. Now, not even a month after Toontown closes, the forum closes. Toontown Central was arguably the only one Disney would care about, since it was the biggest. Now that the largest Toontown site has shut down so quickly, I see that as telling Disney that they made the right choice.

Nevertheless, the TTC/MMOCentral Staff has been running forums for years and they know what they are doing. While we may not all agree with it, I'm confident that they have a plan. I'll be sticking around and using the new TTR subforum in the meantime, as I hope you guys will too.

Lady Freckles 10-18-2013 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zilly (Post 3940719)
I think the header is hilarious and my only regret is that Sven refused to accept some of LadyF's and my more... Uh... Helpful suggestions.

He just needs some coercion and convincing - everyone loves trolls, laser beams and ponies .....

mrpiggywinkles 10-18-2013 04:45 PM

I understand why the site is the way it is now. I will be giving things a try before I give up on MCF.
Though TTC wasn't a ghost town. it could become one. But with TTR it'd be almost exactly like having the regular game. We'd have plenty to discuss. But that's just not the way things are.

Zilly 10-18-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady Freckles (Post 3940722)
He just needs some coercion and convincing - everyone loves trolls, laser beams and ponies .....

And ponds. With sharks. With laserbeams. And tornadoes.

mamaste 10-18-2013 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zilly (Post 3940719)
Um, well... I made a mistake turning those on. Oops. After reviewing refreshing and reimagining 25 of the last 48 hourse, my eyes have gone a little crossed. I assure you all skins TTC had before are still there. And will appear when the time is right.

Oh, it's ok. I was just wondering what happened or if I was doing something wrong. Take your time. And get some sleep. :)

mrpiggywinkles 10-18-2013 05:07 PM

Slate and Joey kind of hit the nail on the head for me.
In the long run we will likely only have former players of Disney's Online Worlds. Rather than doing this I feel a better idea might have been Disney's Online World forums. Though I'd prefer TTC.

Like Joey said Jesse Schell posted here for a reason. We were the biggest TT fansite out there. Though I am not sure about the whole thing one of the reasons Joey put TTR on here was how big the site is.
This was the best online community that I've seen.

The Minecraft threads and other games are nice but are not making up for how hidden away the Toontown areas of the forum are. I know that wasn't much on an intention but you have to scroll down pretty far to get to them. Not to mention the actual discussion places like 'the playground' and 'the extra laff'

What message does this send to Disney?
That we can't fight for our game? We can't remember it? Let's say Schell or someone else was tomorrow giving Disney a presentation about TT2 and using the community as an example?
The biggest and best Toontown Fansite no longer exists.

I think it's too late and the mods won't want to bring back TTC in addition to MCF but having the TT content being a lot more visible and easy to find.

Just my 2 cents. I think I'll enjoy these forums but we'll see.

Gekkouga64 10-18-2013 05:11 PM

All the changes look amazing so far! I'm especially loving the LoTRO skin. :3

One question though; what happened to the Games sub-forums in the downloads section? I had some future projects I was hoping to post on here and now I'm not sure where they're supposed to go.

Golduck Pokemon 10-18-2013 05:24 PM

Looks pretty good. Decent change :p

Miss Meow Meow 10-18-2013 05:24 PM

Love the new site!

Lady Freckles and Zilly,

Great job on the site!
It looks so clean and not cluttered...
Congratulations to all who accomplished this...

Shortly after midnight, I was one of those checking to see if the site was up...

I knew that by the time I woke up this morning, it would be on...I've been clicking to learn more...

Not sure what "skins" are that others are writing about...

I love the cream color background... reminds me of my cream color uber Eider Down...

Looking forward to playing Toontown Rewritten...

p.s. I was so happy (&vain?) to see CoolCuddles' "Congratulations on maxing Sell Miss Meow Meow" is still on the site.

Raven Sparkleswirl 10-18-2013 05:28 PM

I've been looking forward to this change in direction for awhile now. I'm excited for everyone to come together and talk about the games they play whether that be Toontown Rewritten, Wizard 101, LOTRO, World of Warcraft, etc. I love to try new games and I feel like having the site set up this way will open the door for me to try out many new games and give me a place to talk about them.

Also, the LOTRO skin is my favorite of the new skins! It looks beautiful. Let's get this party started!

Laverne 10-18-2013 05:29 PM

Lovely job, gang! Hope to pop on more often now :)

Zilly 10-18-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Wario (Post 3940738)
All the changes look amazing so far! I'm especially loving the LoTRO skin. :3

One question though; what happened to the Games sub-forums in the downloads section? I had some future projects I was hoping to post on here and now I'm not sure where they're supposed to go.

It's now under Creative Muse.

Ukebec 10-18-2013 05:33 PM

Thank you to all the admins and mods who have worked so hard to make this happen, and especially for trying to keep the feel of our original "homes" so this feels familiar.