MMO Central Forums

MMO Central Forums (http://www.mmocentralforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Articles (http://www.mmocentralforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   No More Fog on the Toontown Blog (http://www.mmocentralforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=377688)

Queen Petunia Gigglenugget 12-13-2019 12:10 AM

No More Fog on the Toontown Blog

No More Fog on the Toontown Blog

Posted by Dr. Peepers on December 12, 2019 at 4:00 PM

There we go -- just like new! Ah, hello everyone. My name is Dr. Peepers, goggle defogging professional. Here in Toontown, we’re always looking to keep everything perfectly spotless -- well, besides my Doodle, Spot. We’re in the modern age of animation: bright colors, smooth animation, crisp lines! However, the Toon Council noticed recently that Toontown’s linework is a little lacking. Have you ever tried to read a sign, but the words are far too blurry? That is where I come in!

https://cdn.toontownrewritten.com/ne...tingthefog.jpg

The Toon Council has made great advances on projects to redraw Toontown one piece at a time, like their fancy new map in the Shticker Book. When I was walking into my shop the other day, though, I took a look at the sign and thought that my spotless goggles must have had a smudge! Upon closer inspection, however, it wasn’t my goggles at all… It was the sign itself looking blurry! I put on my detective goggles to take a closer look into the situation.

My investigation took me far and wide, page up and page down, arrow left and arrow right, but I couldn’t find out what had made these signs so blurry. Suddenly, I had an idea… I pressed “Tab” a few times to make sure I was getting a good angle, and it turned out to be the fault of the camera that was spinning around me the whole time!

The lens of the camera has been all fogged up for years! Of course, a goggle-defogging expert like myself is perfectly prepared to handle high-priority issues like this. I pulled out my No-Fog Horn (Not yet Gag Shop approved, of course!) and made that lens look as shiny as a Shining Star Fish. No more are the days of blurry signs -- in fact, every word in Toontown now appears in high-definition!

Additionally, you’ll notice that signs no longer flicker in Toon Buildings, and there’s no more of those pesky jagged line glitches throughout Toontown.

With each step like this we’re getting closer to giving Toontown a fresh coat of paint, and I know that the Toon Council won’t stop here. Check out the notes below to see what else is new in Toontown!

December 12, 2019 [ttr-live-v2.6.7]

General
• Upgraded Toontown's engine to Panda3D 1.10.4.1 -- featuring the latest bug fixes and performance improvements.
• Thanks to the engine upgrade, Mac Toons will no longer crash when a Bluetooth device is disconnected.
• Addressed several district reset issues, so you can keep on playing Toontown without worry.
• Changed the appearance of Professor Ivy to match her look on the Toontown Blog.
• Fixed several bugs with the Type-a-Name menu.
• Based on community feedback, Type-a-Name will now give more accurate auto-rejection reasons.
• Adjusted music tracks to loop more seamlessly based on community feedback.

Visuals
• Nearly all fonts have been upgraded to TrueType -- meaning they'll be sharper than ever!
• For Content Pack creators: Fonts now reside in phase_3/fonts instead of phase_3/models/fonts. If you want to replace a font in-game, now you can!
• The "Mickey" font is now stored at a much higher quality.
• Fixed multiple cases of Z-Fighting on shop interior signs.
• Fixed MSAA causing major graphical issues on certain graphics cards.

Gardening
• Reduced the wait time between gardening pop-ups.
• Added a special digging animation to flowers, trees, and statues -- they shrink as they're dug up!

Battles
• Drop S.O.S. Cards used by Toons without the Drop Track will no longer miss against Level 11+ Cogs.
• Addressed an issue in which Cogs would wake up early if a Lure S.O.S. Card was used by a Toon without the Lure Track.
• Fixed a Head Hunter dialogue so they no longer say two sentences in one go. Leave that to the Two-Faces!

_Holly_ 12-13-2019 12:17 AM

Quote:

Battles
• Drop S.O.S. Cards used by Toons without the Drop Track will no longer miss against Level 11+ Cogs.
• Addressed an issue in which Cogs would wake up early if a Lure S.O.S. Card was used by a Toon without the Lure Track.
Wow, that will make a big difference for my dropless and lureless toons. Thanks TTR! :117:

Just A Dream 12-13-2019 02:48 AM

Everyone, go home now! It doesn't get better than this! I don't have to type while dancing anymore! :w00t8:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...UVORK5CYII.png

Funkykong65 12-13-2019 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Queen Petunia Gigglenugget (Post 4333726)
Gardening
• Reduced the wait time between gardening pop-ups.
• Added a special digging animation to flowers, trees, and statues -- they shrink as they're dug up!

Battles
Drop S.O.S. Cards used by Toons without the Drop Track will no longer miss against Level 11+ Cogs.

the new animation for flowers, trees, and statues is gonna look more fluid and natural than ever :o

I'm estatic about sos drop now working correctly (sos lure too), so it looks I'll be convinced to go dropless one day!

_Holly_ 12-13-2019 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just A Dream (Post 4333731)
Everyone, go home now! It doesn't get better than this! I don't have to type while dancing anymore! :w00t8:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...UVORK5CYII.png

Yes! They also added, "Oops!" "Please stay nearby" and a whole menu called "I don't have..." under the strategy section. So you can now say, "I don't have sound" instead of, "Let's use sound! Sorry, I can't." I just wish they would make that section of the SpeedChat easier to get to.

But I'm definitely happy to no longer have to rush to type "Congrats!" during dancing, especially since it often comes out as "COngrats" or "squeaky" when one is in a rush. :whistling1:

From what I've seen of the new text, it looks good too. No more blurry nametags. :smile:

Princess Zuzu Rosepetals 12-13-2019 07:20 AM

The one thing I was so excited about was the MSAA/antialiasing fix! I no longer have to see lines through nametags and digital skeletons of Toons! Everything's so smooth again! :117: